Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
:francis: ANH started as episode four leaving ppl wanting more/fan fiction filling the blank after a few years. Hence the EU. Now that these flicks are the only canon, the same questions they were asking 40 years ago are being asked today....and then some. :francis:

Except these flicks aren't the only cannon. The new comic books, video games, novels, and animated TV shows are all cannon as well so actually there are a lot more ways to get into Star Wars then there has ever been.

Wanting EVERYTHING explained led us to the midichlorians...and I'll just leave it at that

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
I had a funny feeling about this flick, so I read the spoilers.

I wont' spend cash to watch this film, and I won't even spend time watching it for free either.

Star Wars is pretty much trash now. I didn't like the force awakens or Rouge One.

Strangely enough, I think the prequels were actually better than these films.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
A funny nitpick i saw the bombs dropped in the beginning just dropped without force. In space with no gravity they all just dropped straight down

That was fukking ridiculous
I dont mind the use of the force to bring her in. But being exposed in space is a bridge too far. She opened her eyes which would have instabtly frozen them.:gucci:

Then she goes to a regular door, NOT AN AIR HATCH. When that door opened, everyone should have been sucked out

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Y'all nikkas are really acting like the saga is already over and that everything is set in stone
:stopitslime:
:camby:FOH ole wait to the next movie ass nikka. All we have heard for two years is “wait until the next film” we got the next film and now some of you nikkas want to try and spin the same diatribe about “you dumb nikkas need to chill and wait for the next film”...........nah breh I am good. These new trilogies are fukking trash, no one likes Rey or Finn or Poe or bytch ass Kylo Ren. They kill off memorable characters and try and have these trash ass characters replace them. Still all anyone will say about how Rey knew the Jedi mind trick and force pull without training is wait until the next film. Despite this film telling us her parents were space hobos that traded her in for a fix. Even Anakin fukking Skywalker whose daddy was the force couldn’t do all that shyt without training. Like someone above said if Lucas had pulled half of this shyt it would have been a wrap.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Return of the Jedi

Luke: Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

The Last Jedi

Luke: I only know one truth: It's time for the Jedi... to end.

:mjcry:
:pacspit::pacspit:fukk this fukking movie, killed his characterisation, this was the nikka that wouldn’t give up on his dad when it appeared there was zero hope.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
IGN is such a fukking piece of shyt see-through payola'd website. I stopped reading their reviews years ago,only go for news but I saw this gem:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/12/16/why-do-some-star-wars-fans-hate-the-last-jedi

I don't think I've ever seen them react to audience reviews basically making a plea for the movie like this:russ:

This is the equivalent of when the Batman vs Superman crew made that dumb ass video reacting to the poor reviews...except that they had a stake in their movie, IGN is supposed to be neutral. This is like Trump defending Putin/Russia all the time, something ain't adding up :francis:

MostHatedBox

Boxstate's own
Supporter
Daps
I love Star Wars but this shyt was hard to watch brehs :mjcry:

I'll start with the positive.
-I loved how realistic the rebels escaping the first order seemed. Between Poe scrambling for answers and rebels getting killed left and right was dope.
-Fight scene with Snoke's guards and Kylo Ren and Rey was tight.
- The way the force is explained and used to connect Rey and Kylo was interesting.

The bad
-Luke being a bytch for the entire first part of the movie. shyt was so boring and painful to watch. They show this dude fishing, drinking Cambodian breast milk, and doing everything but teaching Rey meanwhile the rebels are being shot down like scrubs.
- Rey still has not trained enough to be as powerful as she is.
- I thought the whole point of finding Skywalker was to kill the last of the jedi? But Luke doesnt want anything to do with the force period so the first movie seems like a huge ass waste of time.
- Lack of explanations on anything hinted im the first movie. (Finn force sensitivity, Snoke history, knights of Ren, Rey's history or vision)
- There is no consistency with the force. Rey makes a pile of boulders fly like bubbles, Leia floats effortlessly through space after being blown up
- Luke's death while badass seems pointless and not well planned out.
- Captain Phasma useless again.
- Rey going straight to Kylo Ren and Snoke with no training and Snoke's death :mjlol:

Im just going to stop there but I can go on for paragraphs. This is the first Star Wars movie where I was literally bored and wanted the shyt to end. Everyone had the :hhh: when the credits came on. I wish I had more hands so I can give this movie 4 thumbs down.

:trash:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
well with the development of leia being a force level bene gesseret sorceress.
we missed out on snoak being this kick ass villain where all the skywalkers and ben solo have a force light sabre duel death battle with snoak.

just the fact, this is the movie that is supposed to have the team up ending with all the surviving original heros alongside light saber wielding new heros is why we all were sold on this.

instead we are getting wachowski brother hood turned sister hood level close out trilogy taking place for the last movie to right this non-sensical two part heavy plot dense story so far.
which has no actual weight because the character don't make any actual sense.
as far as intertwining with the actual real stories star wars is about which is:

luke
leia
han
cheewie

it is easy to create a world to blowup in this and have your furry creatures.
you have the wookies show up or cheewie's family and wookie tribe for the security of home, alien appeal, proven draw, comedic effect, simple physical comedy, light hearted moments of awkward facial expressive silence.
all could have come from cheewie's home world or origin bundled explanation.

instead they put us far off on tattoine but not the tat a tat tat town, tattoine.

they had an impending doom story of chewie's family dying in the empire attacking it as well.
plus, closing out cheewie's arc as well.....by incorporating chewie's death into the first movie's dramatic moment leading into the marketing of impending doom for rogue one.

just for starters.

this last movie better be an expression of disney's top all time story tellers.
it better be names from don bluth to kevin smith to the creators of the dark cauldron to fix this shyt.
as of right now,....it is not looking to good.

art barr
hell as confusing is this reading, nikka ftw Yo. out me helped that number lady's this you give to going I'm

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love Star Wars but this shyt was hard to watch brehs :mjcry:

I'll start with the positive.
-I loved how realistic the rebels escaping the first order seemed. Between Poe scrambling for answers and rebels getting killed left and right was dope.
-Fight scene with Snoke's guards and Kylo Ren and Rey was tight.
- The way the force is explained and used to connect Rey and Kylo was interesting.

The bad
-Luke being a bytch for the entire first part of the movie. shyt was so boring and painful to watch. They show this dude fishing, drinking Cambodian breast milk, and doing everything but teaching Rey meanwhile the rebels are being shot down like scrubs.
- Rey still has not trained enough to be as powerful as she is.
- I thought the whole point of finding Skywalker was to kill the last of the jedi? But Luke doesnt want anything to do with the force period so the first movie seems like a huge ass waste of time.
- Lack of explanations on anything hinted im the first movie. (Finn force sensitivity, Snoke history, knights of Ren, Rey's history or vision)
- There is no consistency with the force. Rey makes a pile of boulders fly like bubbles, Leia floats effortlessly through space after being blown up
- Luke's death while badass seems pointless and not well planned out.
- Captain Phasma useless again.
- Rey going straight to Kylo Ren and Snoke with no training and Snoke's death :mjlol:

Im just going to stop there but I can go on for paragraphs. This is the first Star Wars movie where I was literally bored and wanted the shyt to end. Everyone had the :hhh: when the credits came on. I wish I had more hands so I can give this movie 4 thumbs down.

:trash:

Breh I just act like these movies don't exist. I rented Force Awaken on direct tv and hated that shyt. It was an awful movie and I knew this shyt would be even worse. You couldn't pay me to see this movie.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ima leave this quote right here from the man himself, mark Hammil:

After reading the script for the film, Mark Hamill told director Rian Johnson, "I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you've made for this character [Luke Skywalker]. Now, having said that, I have gotten it off my chest, and my job now is to take what you've created and do my best to realize your vision."

That....... pretty much sums it up for me

Goerge Lucas must be livid

.5/5

Yep straight trash.