Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
OF all the poor decision in the film. Killing Snooke and making Ren the main villain of this trilogy is a flat out horrible decision. I guess someone got confused with the dislike from fans of Ren as a character as an attribute to his value of antagonist. This is incorrect. He is dislike for being a poor character. So, this is awful avenue for the climax of this story to go down with Emo Ren. It would of the best decision form Ren to turn to the light. Snooke with his Knights of Ren vs. Ren, Rey, and Luke just seems so much better than this bullshyt Rey vs. Ren we are gonna be dealt with in 3 years.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
One thing I don't get. If Carrie Fisher's daughter in real life (the chick with OG Leia's hairstyle) was on the bridge all the time, why didn't she tell Poe the plan or know the plan?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
- This Star Wars trilogy is biggest Jedi battle tease. Hype up all these super Jedi powers, but we ain't about putting out a real battle.

- I was hoping that Finn was going to a more integral character. He was... in the worst ways imaginable by listening to Poe's dumbass.

- This film didn't have the galaxy expanding scale that I come to expect with Star Wars film. It was really condense to what amount to be a 2 hour chase scene.

Solid 8/10. They are really saving a decent Jedi battle for the 3rd film is kinda of lame. Especially when you considered what all happened in this film which leaves only one viable battle to end the trilogy.

well with the development of leia being a force level bene gesseret sorceress.
we missed out on snoak being this kick ass villain where all the skywalkers and ben solo have a force light sabre duel death battle with snoak.

just the fact, this is the movie that is supposed to have the team up ending with all the surviving original heros alongside light saber wielding new heros is why we all were sold on this.

instead we are getting wachowski brother hood turned sister hood level close out trilogy taking place for the last movie to right this non-sensical two part heavy plot dense story so far.
which has no actual weight because the character don't make any actual sense.
as far as intertwining with the actual real stories star wars is about which is:

luke
leia
han
cheewie

it is easy to create a world to blowup in this and have your furry creatures.
you have the wookies show up or cheewie's family and wookie tribe for the security of home, alien appeal, proven draw, comedic effect, simple physical comedy, light hearted moments of awkward facial expressive silence.
all could have come from cheewie's home world or origin bundled explanation.

instead they put us far off on tattoine but not the tat a tat tat town, tattoine.

they had an impending doom story of chewie's family dying in the empire attacking it as well.
plus, closing out cheewie's arc as well.....by incorporating chewie's death into the first movie's dramatic moment leading into the marketing of impending doom for rogue one.

just for starters.

this last movie better be an expression of disney's top all time story tellers.
it better be names from don bluth to kevin smith to the creators of the dark cauldron to fix this shyt.
as of right now,....it is not looking to good.

art barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
if this trilogy, don't work.
the new gen just need to stop the chemical romance with space and computers and shyt.
as they really have not had anything as dope as star wars.
to warrant rabidly buying or doing any fukk'n thing at all.
that requires the heavy lifting they try to make life out to be, especially in america.
if you never wanted this,...
you really just need to go to school and live a square life.

falcon-esb-front.jpg

S5001259.jpg

if this never possessed you to hustle,...
then you do not have no need to even wanna be in the street as nuffin is really that serious.
to make you risk it.
plus, nuffin is worth it to make you want it like this since then.
this is what started getting and wanting shyt.

this is what made you hustle....

if not, this...
then, you just need to just be regular.

art barr

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where were the knights of ren anyway? Are they just not a thing now?
As I said before....
Ren and Rey killed them after Ren killed Snoke. They were Snoke's guards. It was heavily implied considering they were almost as equally as trained as Kylo Ren. Plus, Luke stat Ren taking half of the trainees with him and killed the remainder that didn't want to convert.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Art Barr breh are you drunk or something?

:gucci:
I’ve gotten to the point where I just skip his posts all together. Sometimes I fukk up and read one on accident and think to myself, “what the fukk is this fool trying to say?”....

But then I see it’s Art and I’m like :ohhh: it all makes sense.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything remotely interesting about every character is gone.

I have no idea where the trilogy goes from here. And not in a good way as if there were so many avenues they could go. I legit have no idea what the purpose of a 3rd movie is other than just to finally end the trilogy.

Poe and Leia have no resistance to command.

Rey with 3 days of training can't lead a new generation of Jedi.

Finn's run out of dumb ideas.

General Hux will kill Kylo in his sleep the first chance he gets.

There are no likable characters. Even Rey is starting to lose her charm.

That's 2 movies done. You can't really expound on the characters anymore than what we've got. The last movie is to bring it all home, Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo etc arn't going to become anymore complex or interesting in the 3rd movie. So this is pretty much the bulk of they're development.

All the momentum JJ gave Rian from TFA was just halted in its tracks. And unfortunately for JJ now he can't even remotely take the trilogy in the direction that he envisioned it to go so it means we're gonna get even more ass pulls in the 3rd movie.

People keep saying Rian took a lot of risk in the movie and that's fine but a good gambler will never take unnecessary risk and an even better gambler will only bet what he can afford to lose.

Unfortunately Rian is not a gambler so he didn't know how to play his hand and just wanted to get a quick and easy payoff.

Movie fell flat and didn't leave much hope for the future.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
As I said before....
Ren and Rey killed them after Ren killed Snoke. They were Snoke's guards. It was heavily implied considering they were almost as equally as trained as Kylo Ren. Plus, Luke stat Ren taking half of the trainees with him and killed the remainder that didn't want to convert.

I doubt that. I don't see them killing them off and not outright saying that these random guards were not random guards. I think it's more likely they are featured in episode 9 alongside a fully empowered Kylo.

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
If Rian Johnson wrote The Clone Wars Anakin's dad would have just turned out to be a dead beat father that sold his son and wife to Wado for booze money.

You see how lame that sounds. That's basically what he did with Rey.
Perhaps, but I think Kylo Ren was lying in that scene, saying what he thought would most likely sway Rey to his side.

I don’t think her being a Skywalker via Leia has been ruled out.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt that. I don't see them killing them off and not outright saying that these random guards were not random guards. I think it's more likely they are featured in episode 9 alongside a fully empowered Kylo.

I surely believe so because if Snoke hired his most elite to protect him. Then it had to be the Knights of Ren. 2nd, the whole reason why Kylo Ren killed Snoke so it would be in order to do away with the whole Sith vs Jedi, Empire vs Rebel, and it just him and Rey together running shyt THEMSELVES....