Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
- This Star Wars trilogy is biggest Jedi battle tease. Hype up all these super Jedi powers, but we ain't about putting out a real battle.

- I was hoping that Finn was going to a more integral character. He was... in the worst ways imaginable by listening to Poe's dumbass.

- This film didn't have the galaxy expanding scale that I come to expect with Star Wars film. It was really condense to what amount to be a 2 hour chase scene.

Solid 8/10. They are really saving a decent Jedi battle for the 3rd film is kinda of lame. Especially when you considered what all happened in this film which leaves only one viable battle to end the trilogy.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Great movie...Don't agree with complaining at all:patrice:
Some stuff I wish was done differently, but enough:banderas: moments to make this a dope flick for me. Definitely better than Force Awakens
I can see why people who saw the Original Trilogy when it came out are pissed. They lost Han in a fukkery way, then they lost Luke in a fukkery way, now there's no way to bring the Expanded Universe in the way they had it in the 80s and 90s.

Basically "it didn't go the way" they thought it would.

Let's not forget that Snoke got killed off easily and Rey's parents are nobody.

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Snoke out here looking like David lo pan

From big trouble in china town

latest

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Realistically what is the purpose of Finn? Why is he needed

yeah, what is the purpose of finn.
especially, since they need to explain how finn broke free of the empire's mind meld and why.
if they do not explain the mind meld and how finn broke free.
then, he serves no purpose.
also, if they never reveal his ability to break free of the mind meld is force sensitive.
then, they need to show that he is linked to lando.
as lando is the only black character they ever shown and they need to explain the scarcity of people to aliens and also black people to regular whites and why.
since, they won't do that the only out is to have lando be there and explain how lando came into or out of ownership of cloud city and if he perished or not.
which gives you an out of finn being lando's son and some credence and call back to the grouping and history of han, leia, luke and chewie accompanied by r2 and 3pO.
which leads to a simple reveal and what happened to cloud city and the fact lando was free after return of the jedi.
i mean it is the only credence they have to show a black guy and give it heft and weight via the story.
when leia met finn, and ol' girl [jeez what is her fukk'n name].

leia should have been like, lando's son fin calrissian.
along with the reveal in the first movie of ol girl being luke's daughter or the twin or younger daugher of leia.

leia should have been we lost you two playmates, finn calrissian, and my daughter or luke's daughter rey, was also lost separately as well,.. blah blah blah.
finn, it is so good go to see you.
we lost you in the seige upon cloud city so many moons ago, or some shyt.
when the empire mind melded you, it wiped away any ability to find you, yadda yadda.
instead. none of that,..just some stoic cool general leia shyt.
leia as a battalion leader, was handled really well outta the legends.
until she became a cold reaches of space surviving space force bene gesseret sorceress.
who appears more powerful than luke himself,....
which opened up this scarlet witch byrned era bag of worms,...i am sure that this new star wars trilogy and marvel films eventually could turn out to meet the impending doom of when:

JOHN BYRNE WROTE AND PENCILED WEST COAST AVENGERS

thus leading to vision turning white and possibly the next avengers, storyline in the next avengers.
where the source material takes a dive in west coast avengers.
surrounded by the awful trash of the avengers never being an actual good actual read month to month as a comic.
as west coats avengers, was the only good avengers book.
which is exactly why hawkeye's team members are mostly present outside of the marvel mainstays as actual team member.
outside of captain's eventual obvious simplistic usa cold war with russia film love boo thing in scarlett as a failsafe.
if they ever need a on screen in team romance that feels right in the avengers film franchise.
to save it. if the marvel dc film wing gets as closely looking to inept as can be to the new star wars writing team.

what should have happened in this exact star wars was a triumphant reveal of course.
which always needs to happen in the second movie to give it weight in this franchise.
plus, it could have gave use a triple reveal and we would have been happy to finally get the origin of these characters in snoak, finn, and ol girl, rey.
instead, they elongated force powers way out of the spectrum of the galaxy of writing for the actual film franchise.
especially since the books after return of the jedi = rotd, have all been deemed as not cannon by disney, now.

realistically star wars fans and public should be treated to the films in this trilogy.
giving us a definitive end to the characters from the next arc and the carry over to the ordeal of their children.
especially, in the time of splintered divorce gen era.
carrying over, in to and during the single parent era in this post great recession current depression currently taking place now.
this was just another finger pointing drop of the ball.
where if the wherewithal was potentially shown to condense the plus must have positives to this film trilogy.
resulting in and to save actual film screen running time and actual budgeting cost for this franchise to increase profits as well.
including another incident, where the finger needs to be pointed exactly whom messed this up.
as blame needs to be cited and placed on whom just cost actual film time.
as it relates to story, and running film time cost.
all in all, the weight of concluding this story in what makes sense.
given what starwars is will crush the bicep-less mouse and eventually cause the ripple effects.
that open the tiny holes in quality discussions, just boiling at the tipping point.
of marvel and the bicep-less mouse at disney not understanding the timeline and important storytelling depth and weight of these individual properties.
where over time, acquiring both marvel and star wars will cause the same ruin warner faces now being perceived by the way of dc comics and superman and batman.

so, the bi-cepless mouse better get to telling the most hellacious series closing ever for this last star wars.

may the force be with that bi-cepless mouse,....mickey's gonna need it.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Even when they bootlegging the art Barr album? :usure:

And it's selling out?..

yeah,..

i understand how all this shyt works.
if i get on fire.
the streets gon eat off of a nikka, and i welcome and actually want that, too.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Earlier someone brought up the point that Rian needed it for the last scene with Broom Kid.

the ozone in breakin meets ginuwine, so anxious nod was not needed.
Simply because we already got two movies about that and no origin.
it is like they are making star wars into the live action version of oliver and friends.

art barr

Last edited:
Daps
Easily the 2nd worst film of the series. Only behind Episode 2. But even episode 2 had some moments that stood out like Yoda fukking shyt up. This one had nothing for me.

I went to the first showing 6pm on Thursday with all the fanatics, so you know if some shyt happened everyone would react with claps or cheers. But damn it was dead silent the whole time.

Thats a first for me. Far cry from 1, 2, 3, Rogue One, and 7. I saw all those on the first showing too. people damn near did standing applauses for a lot of those movies. This had nothing. No wow moments.

The main problem i had was with the villains.
First we have kylo ren. He's supposed to be this generation's Darth Vader. He has no confidence. He's a loser. He loses to everyone he comes across. Who has he beaten? He gets bytched by Snoke. Rey has his number. Hes outsmarted by Luke. Those red body guards damn near bodied him. and now he's the supreme leader? The Rebels have it easy this next film.

Second we have that red head general. He's kylo ren's bytch and that says a lot. He's the bytches bytch. The movie starts and he already gets clowned and not taken serious. Any time he tries to push his weight around kylo ren checks him with ease.

Third we have Snoke. one of two true formidable villain in this trilogy. In 7, it looked like the rebels have someone they have to deal with... but What happens to him. All that boasting gets him killed like nothing. Wasted.

4th Phasma. the other true formidable looking villain. In 7 she didnt do shyt. ok now was the time to fix that. buttttttttt she basically gets played out the same way. Back 2 Back. she might as well have stayed in the trash compactor.
"Those red body guards damn near bodied him" :dead: lmfao
"

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
:scust:Just got home. i'm just glad it's over

Star Wars is dead and gone brehs. If you're an OG rider, do yourself a favor and save your money. It's now OFFICIALLY just a Disney movie that is borrowing Star Wars characters.

Oh, and to the people in here who have been temporarily tricked into thinking you actually liked this film due to the 1-2 cool scenes near the end... just wait. Let this whole movie marinate and sink in for a week or two. When your opening night excitement dies down you will realize how much of an atrocity this was. Listen to me now, believe me later on:francis:

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
How are the prequel light sabre fights more exciting than the trash this shyt gave. All these bytch asses would be stomped by the likes of Dooku, Yoda, Anakin, Obi Wan and Macd Windu. Kylo Ren is a bytch ass who keeps getting stomped his most badass moment was stopping a blaster bolt in mid air since then it has been downhill.:scust:The character is just trash and this is the fukk boy left to carry on the legacy of the Skywalker name........hell no. They should have just taken elements from the EU and ran with it. At least Luke had a wife and kids and was a supreme badass as he should be.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'll see Episode 9 of course but idk if I'll care enough to see it on day one like this and TFA.
When you think about it all we have to look forward to in the next episode is the Rey vs Kylo fight otherwise they already played their hand.
I was thinking the same thing. Like what can they really do to move the needle in the next film. It's gonna be pretty straight forward

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Finn side story.... the main problem is the SETTING and the over the head liberal message(s). The payoff with the last scene was fitting, but I believe had they changed the setting to something similar to Tatooine to which has parallels so to speak link it to the final scene
(I mean, that kid could be the next Anakin)
. But by making that setting too EARTHLY and too on the nose... it really sucked. I understand its purpose of misdirection...but the execution did not work because of how they set it up and force fed its social message.