Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
If Rian Johnson wrote The Clone Wars Anakin's dad would have just turned out to be a dead beat father that sold his son and wife to Wado for booze money.

You see how lame that sounds. That's basically what he did with Rey.

Darth Vader being Space Jesus is stupid as shyt though

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
wasn't Anakin's parents nobody's as well that got sold ...so its the same shyt

He was an immaculate conception from the Force, his attachment to his Mother played a big part in his downfall to the dark side.

Rey was a poorly-written character from jump, same as Kylo...awful characters, good actors though.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He was an immaculate conception from the Force, his attachment to his Mother played a big part in his downfall to the dark side.

Rey was a poorly-written character from jump, same as Kylo...awful characters, good actors though.

I know that .. but I'm saying the people that raised him in general.. they weren't any better than Rey's parents ..but I understand what you saying..

it would have better if Palpatine after learning of Young Skywalker had fears his apprentice, Vader, would try to overthrow him with his son ... in his fear of this he manipulated the mediclorions again and it created Rey

Kylo and Rey should get married and creat a new order .. not jedi/not sith

maybe just a force users academy

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Based on some of the reactions in here, I'm convinced that a movie like Episode IV could never release today and become the monster that it was back in '77.

Everything doesn't have to be explained.

The entire Star War's franchise has been and is overrated as fukk. It has a cult following and will make money but overall it's a bunch of fukkery.

They have yet to make a compelling/satisfying trilogy.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Darth Vader being Space Jesus is stupid as shyt though
Exactly. But that is what was implied throughout the series.
In TFA it was implied the Rey's parent's were of some significance. Only to turn around and say "well they're actually nobodies, well not only that but their jerks too."

If Rey's parents are nobodies and its doesn't matter who they are then why was it such major plot point in TFA.

Why not just write them off in TFA where it would have made sense. That's the problem with TLJ it gives no fukks in honor the plot threads made in TFA.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Luke better be back as a force ghost or his whole sacrifice speech about him not being the last jedi will be pointless since he told rey to fukk off the whole movie. Im rewatching the force awakens now and TLJ gives more weight to the Starkiller base Hux nazi scene. They really wiped out the fukking republic and they only had like 20 ships left
:ohhh:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aight, saw it and gotta say initial feelings about it: it was an entertaining, yet disappointing film....there were some damn good moments that made smile like a kid, but too many moments where it felt like they played it too safe and/or just flat out dropped the ball....

seeing yoda....seeing the imperial guard ready to fukk shyt out at the drop of a hat.....capt phasma....

too many 'that was close, but it all worked out' moments....especially with characters not dying...rose shouldve died....leia shouldve died....

not killing leia...not only did they not kill her, they had her survive in space, smh....seriously, what the fukk?!?!? that wouldve been the perfect send off for the character and a way to help make kylo come off more than a whiny kid......speaking of kylo: he still comes off as a whiny kid and not a big bad villain the universe should fear.....instead of killing leia, they killed capt phamsa...what a waste of a cool ass character...she shouldve been kylo's right hand man, she was the character to instill fear; she was the one....having the imperial guard getting bested by ray/kylo the way they did...no way in hell it shouldve been that easy....a lot of the forced comedy..

...if you read that spoilers, you probably think i disliked the movie, i didnt...overall it was enjoyable....it just felt like disney played it too safe to me, when they didnt have too....this didnt feel like the 'empire strikes back' that it shouldve been...it felt more like return of the jedi....

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. But that is what was implied throughout the series.
In TFA it was implied the Rey's parent's were of some significance. Only to turn around and say "well they're actually nobodies, well not only that but their jerks too."

If Rey's parents are nobodies and its doesn't matter who they are then why was it such major plot point in TFA.

Why not just write them off in TFA where it would have made sense. That's the problem with TLJ it gives no fukks in honor the plot threads made in TFA.

Im not sure if it is but maybe carrie fishers death forced them to change some things because Disney had that huge life insurance policy on her during filming and after the mary poppins scene its obviously the next movie was supposed to be her Arc of the trilogy