Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Is this vauble right now ? The movie just came out. I wonder how it’ll be after the weekend.
Maybe not. It could also be a nerd smear campaign. I never even usually look at it that closely. someone pointed it out on the Blu-ray forms.

But I do sometimes find the discrepancy between critics and audiences fascinating. We'll see how it all pans out.

I just don't find the movie anywhere near how critics were gushing about it. Even someone I usually agree with was calling it the best out of all of them. Which is absurd.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Is this vauble right now ? The movie just came out. I wonder how it’ll be after the weekend.

Its not, its getting vote bombed because people are pissing and moaning that its not an Aryan-love-fest-light-saber Darth Maul flips kung fu movie.

Its STAR WARS not JEDI WARS.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Thank you. Literally nothing changed lol. Where are the risks?
Kylo's a big bad guy who can't beat Rey, we already knew that. Is this shyt gonna go on for another 6 movies like Voldemort chasing Harry Potter? At least Voldemort was interesting. Kylo's like "nobody is giving props to my grandfather, so I'm gonna go and kill my dad and embrace the dark side". After two movies, do we even know WHY Kylo was so drawn to Snoke? Was it just his fixation on his granddaddy or something else? He's literally a caricature of a villain. We have no clue about why he killed his father. When Rey asked, he asked her a question as a reply. WTF? Rey's sympathy for him is baffling after that.

So any movie with strong female leads is feminist bullshyt now. You guys sound just like the white boys who cry about black male leads in movies. You want a dikk fest with slave-era Leias thrown in to stroke your ego. Them days is over, sorry.
Ehhh a lot of reviews are giving good reasons as to why Rey’s characterization is bullshyt

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
This

I like my movies dark

fukk Disney fukk this feminist bullshyt

Same nikka that made looper directed this :smh:
Yeah a lot of people are saying the franchise is “disneyfied”.

No risks and of course black people have been polarized with Finn

Still excited to see it

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Just got out, it was cool but not over ESB. You got to applaud Rian for taking the story to another layer and not copying the past.

Edit: it was dope to see Luke on the big screen though.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Ehhh a lot of reviews are giving good reasons as to why Rey’s characterization is bullshyt

That's because Rey's characterization is bullshyt. But the leap from bad character development to feminism is also bullshyt. There are dozens of poorly drawn white boy heroes, never heard it blamed gender or gender politics.