Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Damn brehs,
I got out of the theatre like :wow:and couldn't believe how great of a job Rian Johnson did with this movie then come here and see everyone shytting on it for the strangest reasons that never even crossed my mind.
Its just because finn wasnt the main character and the militants from the ladies room came in here shytting on it

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Its just because finn wasnt the main character and the militants from the ladies room came in here shytting on it
You have some low standards
Luke got shytted on something serious in this movie
Entirety of the OT trio is dead and their legacy was spit on to give us Kylo Ren. A pretty unworthy legacy holder for the skywalker mantle.
Snoke the last real threat amounts to nothing and is killed unceremoniously to prop up the weak af villain the main hero beat last movie.
FO was made into a joke with this movie
I mean last movie they blew up 5 planets and now with this one the entire organization looks dumb
Oh that's right its because Kylo is leading them now and its the incompetence of all the FO that led that to happen.

Any true Star Wars fan who was hyped to see Luke in TFA and find out what he was up to since ROTJ will be really disappointed
Finn is just a special issue I have with this film because I as a black man was hype to see a new black face like Lando or Mace but be a main hero

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
I disagree about Luke. I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan and I found his plot the best part of the movie.
You have some low standards
Luke got shytted on something serious in this movie
Entirety of the OT trio is dead and their legacy was spit on to give us Kylo Ren. A pretty unworthy legacy holder for the skywalker mantle.
Snoke the last real threat amounts to nothing and is killed unceremoniously to prop up the weak af villain the main hero beat last movie.
FO was made into a joke with this movie
I mean last movie they blew up 5 planets and now with this one the entire organization looks dumb
Oh that's right its because Kylo is leading them now and its the incompetence of all the FO that led that to happen.

Any true Star Wars fan who was hyped to see Luke in TFA and find out what he was up to since ROTJ will be really disappointed
Finn is just a special issue I have with this film because I as a black man was hype to see a new black face like Lando or Mace but be a main hero

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Ya'll saying Finn had a good story arc?
Breh he literally had to learn the same lesson from TFA all over again, Oh so he's still not sure whether to run from the FO or help the resistance?
RJ couldn't even be assed to try and do something with his character
He is literally still the clueless as hell space janitor who is getting talked down to by more knowledgeable people
To a degree its really stupid as well because timeline wise it picks up right after TFA so that coma must have made him forget everything he experienced in the previous movie

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Breh he literally had to learn the same lesson from TFA all over again, Oh so he's still not sure whether to run from the FO or help the resistance?
He is literally still the clueless as hell space janitor who is getting talked down to by more knowledgeable people
To a degree its really stupid as well because timeline wise it picks up right after TFA so that coma must have made him forget everything he experienced in the previous movie

I didn't love his arc but found it to be better than TFA as a character. Plot wise his story is mainly filler that could've been handled better. But then again, he's one the reasons..
the force user kid goes :salute: with the Rebellion at the end of the movie. Finn is clearly a part of the"spark" the rebels look for so desperately during the whole movie.

He's a clown/joke starting the movie, I hated that part - along with Leia flying and "resurrecting" were the only parts I cannot defend from this movie - his main focus is Rey, just like it was on Force Awakens.

As the movie progresses, he goes from the clown/coward/simp that he was to a dude that actually fights and does everything in his power to help the Rebellion, not the girl he's salivating for. shyt, he even goes the hero route and tries to sacrifice himself for the cause and he's the one being chased by a girl, not the other way around this time.

Having said that, for anyone that wanted him to be a main player on the story, this movie does little to give you a big payoff. So I get still not being convinced or not liking what they did to him.

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
Yeah this is pretty much how I felt. Talking more about the spoiler you posted I think that was his real impact and that's what I liked about it.
I didn't love his arc but found it to be better than TFA as a character. Plot wise his story is mainly filler that could've been handled better. But then again, he's one the reasons..
the force user kid goes :salute: with the Rebellion at the end of the movie. Finn is clearly a part of the"spark" the rebels look for so desperately during the whole movie.

He's a clown/joke starting the movie, I hated that part - along with Leia flying and "resurrecting" were the only parts I cannot defend from this movie - his main focus is Rey, just like it was on Force Awakens.

As the movie progresses, he goes from the clown/coward/simp that he was to a dude that actually fights and does everything in his power to help the Rebellion, not the girl he's salivating for. shyt, he even goes the hero route and tries to sacrifice himself for the cause and he's the one being chased by a girl, not the other way around this time.

Having said that, for anyone that wanted him to be a main player on the story, this movie does little to give you a big payoff. So I get still not being convinced or not liking what they did to him.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, I much prefer the direction Johnson gave to the story. Even if it meant downplaying TFA as much as it did, it still took a more compelling turn than a more traditional sequel would've went.

Instead of wanting someone like Ron Howard to make Last Jedi, I was lelt wanting someone else to make Force Awakens and give Johnson's film a better foundation :manny:

And this is coming from someone that liked TFA a lot. But seeing were the story is going now, I couldn't help wanting another type of movie/story as a prequel to TLJ.
But the thing is TFA did come out and was super successful tho . So Rj Really should of worked within the framework of that movie though . TFA was very very very successful and people are interested in all the new characters as well. Granted im seeing the movie at 10:45 tonight so we'll see . I think I'm gonna love it but I'm more devil advocating for the people saying this isn't their star wars

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie picks up like right after TFA though , he didn't learn that lesson last movie really he was fighting for Rey and ended the movie fighting Kylo cause he knocked out Rey and was stopping them. His first thought waking up would be of Rey as last he saw her they were both getting worked by Kylo