Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Is it true luke doesnt have any real fight scenes putting in work with the light saber? After all these years they couldnt give some fan service having him take out a squad of troopers or something?
If you want him to see him beast with a lightsaber, you will be very disappointed. He does have a showdown but it's short and he doesn't do much with the saber. You do get to see how much of a fukking BEAST he's with the Force though.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At first I thought it was just the coli hating on it but I browsed through the force.net forums and the Star Wars fanboys are hating on this hard. Watching this tonight so I'll reserve my judgment

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
At first I thought it was just the coli hating on it but I browsed through the force.net forums and the Star Wars fanboys are hating on this hard. Watching this tonight so I'll reserve my judgment

It makes sense, the movie takes bold gambles and people that want to see "same ol' Star Wars" are not gonna like them.

I'm actually not sure if time will treat the movie favorably, when people stop watching it with their pre conceived notions and expectations. Or will it suffer like Dark Knight Rises, when the hype died down and people began going :patrice: at it's flaws.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It makes sense, the movie takes bold gambles and people that want to see "same ol' Star Wars" are not gonna like them.

I'm actually not sure if time will treat the movie favorably, when people stop watching it with their pre conceived notions and expectations. Or will it suffer like Dark Knight Rises, when the hype died down and people began going :patrice: at it's flaws.

The people on the forum who defended the movie made the argument that TLJ is getting a similar reaction to what Empire Strikes Back got when it first came out. It was so radically different in tone and vision from the original that the fans hated it initially. Wasn't until later that it was regarded as a classic and the best of the series. But the haters are all saying that not only is it different but it also just doesn't connect well with the Force Awakens. ESB may have had a different tone but the characters were still consistent with the original. But again, I'll reserve judgment for after I watch it.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I've avoided the spoilers completely. I am ready. For whatever twists and turns and deconstructing and expanding and familiarity that they're going to give me. I loved TFA. but I'm ready to see where it goes with an open mind. It's Star Wars season. Not one review on here, positive or negative will weigh on my mind when I watch. Only the Force and my wife will be accompanying me tonight.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The people on the forum who defended the movie made the argument that TLJ is getting a similar reaction to what Empire Strikes Back got when it first came out. It was so radically different in tone and vision from the original that the fans hated it initially. Wasn't until later that it was regarded as a classic and the best of the series. But the haters are all saying that not only is it different but it also just doesn't connect well with the Force Awakens. ESB may have had a different tone but the characters were still consistent with the original. But again, I'll reserve judgment for after I watch it.

Actually, I agree with both sides. It's not that it doesn't connect with TFA, it's that by going to such a different direction than expected, it ends up doing stuff that renders Ep. VII kinda meaningless except a few pieces. At the end of the day, the enjoyment of the movie will rely on how much you liked or how interested you are in the new direction Johnson gave it. In my case I really liked, to the point I'm more :ld: about Force Awakens now (a movie I liked a lot before watching LTJ) than being lukewarm or hating Last Jedi. But I can totally see why people would feel the opposite. That's why I'm curious to see if time will be kind to this movie or not.

The Empire comparison works in the sense of being so different from it's predecessor, but LTJ is not at that level as a film. I also think people worrying about spoilers and judging the film solely on them and not actually watching the move would've hated ESB. Can you imagine after all the hype for the Star Wars sequel, after the movie ends spoilers come out and read like:

-Luke goes to a swamp planet and trains with a green alien puppet dwarf that talks backwards. He lifts an X-Wing with his mind.

-There's a new main villain, an old dude that you don't see his face. He's the real leader of the Empire.

-Han Solo is turned into stone.

-Vader is Luke's father. He cuts Luke's hand after a lightsaber battle.

:pachaha:

Last edited:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
No shyt sherlock, ofcourse the criticism of the character is magnified by his race. If i am a black star wars fan and i hear there is going to be a lead thats black in 2015, guess what my expectations are going to be raised to what that characters potential could be given how far we have come as a society. If billy dee and samuel L got as much shine with what little screen time i could only imagine what a black lead can do in this era. And then force awakens happens.

Stop with the talented actor nonsense this isnt Shakespeare it star wars, there are serveral chiselled actors over 6 foot that are talented they went for short and stubby boyega for a reason. Miss me with that white, latino question, you know fully well the ratio between their representation and a black is lopsided.

I still dont understand how homosexuality comes into play, wanting to see a black character look equal to his counterparts is gay? The fukk :why:
:mjpls:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yeah this movie is gonna divide the fanbase
I'll say TFA has its detractors but it is still considered a good star wars movie but this one is about to be put down there with the prequels which is not good

I have to say its pretty bad for a star wars movie
Its like Kylo is the main character and occupies everyone else's attention when in the last movie he was a bytch and got beat by a newbie force user.
RJ went in a completely different direction then what JJ left for him and to me it wasn't even set up right. He just did it
He's a good writer but its obvious with so many things in this movie he's just doing his own thing.
From Luke
To Leia
To the side plot
To all the new characters
No knights of ren mention at all

Its like he didn't even watch TFA and just got the characters names and status quo