Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
But the thing is TFA did come out and was super successful tho . So Rj Really should of worked within the framework of that movie though . TFA was very very very successful and people are interested in all the new characters as well. Granted im seeing the movie at 10:45 tonight so we'll see . I think I'm gonna love it but I'm more devil advocating for the people saying this isn't their star wars

As I've said in this thread. I completely get people hating this movie, the choices Johnson makes will no doubt be divisive. I just happen to like them :manny:

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Why people care about Finn so much? :scust: like who gives fukk about him once we knew he wasn’t a Jedi we knew what it was along with the whole Rey/Feminist/Strong Woman movement. In my opinion anything after ROTJ should be about Luke. Period

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As I've said in this thread. I completely get people hating this movie, the choices Johnson makes will no doubt be divisive. I just happen to like them :manny:
On my way to the theatre . Can't wait . Do you feel that Rian answered or addressed suitable amount of questions raised by JJ

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
On my way to the theatre . Can't wait . Do you feel that Rian answered or addressed suitable amount of questions raised by JJ

Read this after you watch the movie.

Yes, he answered enough questions but instead of giving a satisfying answer to most of them, he used them as a catalyst to drive the story to were he wanted.

What the hell happened with Luke? He lost faith in the Jedi after what happened with Kylo, realized he became too arrogant as Jedi in general tend to do, and it always leads to big fukking problems.

Why did Kylo turn? He was too powerful and couldn't control the dark side calling to him, and he saw his master "trying to kill him". He doesn't believe in Jedi or Sith.

Who are Rey's parents? Nobodies who sold her for food. Used as a way to make her feel alone in the world and create a bond with Kylo.

Why is Rey so powerful? Because, as a way to balance Kylo's huge power, the Force found a vessel to counter Ben Solo.

Snoke is the only big mystery he didn't even bothered to touch, which was weird. We just know he's incredibly powerful and falls because of the same arrogance that had cost the Jedi so much.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Read this after you watch the movie.

Yes, he answered enough questions but instead of giving a satisfying answer to most of them, he used them as a catalyst to drive the story to were he wanted.

What the hell happened with Luke? He lost faith in the Jedi after what happened with Kylo, realized he became too arrogant as Jedi in general tend to do, and it always leads to big fukking problems.

Why did Kylo turn? He was too powerful and couldn't control the dark side calling to him, and he saw his master "trying to kill him". He doesn't believe in Jedi or Sith.

Who are Rey's parents? Nobodies who sold her for food. Used as a way to make her feel alone in the world and create a bond with Kylo.

Why is Rey so powerful? Because, as a way to balance Kylo's huge power, the Force found a vessel to counter Ben Solo.

Snoke is the only big mystery he didn't even bothered to touch, which was weird. We just know he's incredibly powerful and falls because of the same arrogance that had cost the Jedi so much.
If they decide on the “birthed by the Force somehow” explanation for Rey I just don’t see how it would work, unless they have an extremely solid explanation for how it is possible and why it occurred randomly in between the era of the Empire & First Order.
Im still hoping she will be revealed as a Skywalker (via Leia). This would explain the strong Force bond between Rey & Kylo, which parallels the one between Luke & Leia.
If she’s not a Skywalker, how else does Lucasfilm intend to continue the “Skywalker saga” in IX and beyond when Kylo has now become seemingly irredeemable? Maybe they have no plans for Episodes 10-12? :yeshrug:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Just left the movie. Ion know shyt about Star Wars but wasn’t another movie to see with this movie pass.

Too many loud breathing, fat, cacs and I didn’t know what was going on so it was boring as a mf.

Ima read some recaps and try again next week
Yeah I guess if u never seen a star wars movie and aren't into space fantasy it might be wack.

See the og trilogy and you'll see why it's so revered but these new movies just don't capture it's essence. It was a different time too, shyt was magical in movies back in the day it seemed. All this cgi and digital film looks different and doesn't feel real. :francis:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If they decide on the “birthed by the Force somehow” explanation for Rey I just don’t see how it would work, unless they have an extremely solid explanation for how it is possible and why it occurred randomly in between the era of the Empire & First Order.
Im still hoping she will be revealed as a Skywalker (via Leia). This would explain the strong Force bond between Rey & Kylo, which parallels the one between Luke & Leia.
If she’s not a Skywalker, how else does Lucasfilm intend to continue the “Skywalker saga” in IX and beyond when Kylo has now become seemingly irredeemable? Maybe they have no plans for Episodes 10-12? :yeshrug:
I didn't meant it as "birthed by the Force" like Anakin did. Snoke pretty much tells Kylo that as he grows stronger, someone will show up to counter him, that's just how the Force works.

There's a bunch of examples of kids coming from nothing and becoming hugely powerful with the Force. Rey is one of them, it's just that in this case we know why she was "lucky" to get all that power. And at the end of the movie we see a poor kid from Canto Bight being force sensitive and even "using" his power by moving a broom towards him.

That's why I'm not sure we are gonna see the end of the Kylo/Ren story in IX. Johnson set up too much shyt for it to be wrapped up in just 1 movie.

They can always pull out of their ass a kid Luke had in between Ep. VI and VIII if they need another Skywalker too :mjlol:

And god forbid, but if this ends up with Kylo turning back and being a "normal" dude, then he'll just have kids with someone :russ:

Last edited: