Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
As I've said in this thread. I completely get people hating this movie, the choices Johnson makes will no doubt be divisive. I just happen to like them :manny:

yeah, I loved how he got rid of all those pointless mysteries and avoided sinking deeper into that hole, now for the third one he left the template for a good old, rebel army vs an empire and powerful jedi vs powerful sith story for the third one, without any baggage.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I disagree about Luke. I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan and I found his plot the best part of the movie.
And in all honesty

he gave his life for the greater good of the cause, for the future of the jedi..he knows more are out there...just like obi wan..had 1,2,3 come out before ANH people would shyt on obi dieing like He did

Thought it was very good still processing it a little bit..will drop something more later. Rian did his thing tho....

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
he gave his life for the greater good of the cause, for the future of the jedi..he knows more are out there...just like obi wan..had 1,2,3 come out before ANH people would shyt on obi dieing like He did

and after what Yoda did as force ghost, who the hell knows what Luke can pull off as one :wow: :banderas:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Those that are tripping about Finn probably need to calm down. There are subliminal clues in TFA that only the hardest core of Star Wars fans would catch. Watching these theory videos on YouTube has changed my opinion on the preliminary negative critiques that have been given on Finn's character. There are WAY TOO MANY COINCIDENCES!!!! I'm sure the subliminals will be missed in the first viewing of TLJ. After a few viewings, people will start putting pieces together.

That's not to say I wouldn't put it past white people & Disney to completely write Finn out of the storyline(and they can since they own the property and George Lucas doesn't), but give it a chance.

About to shower up, eat then head to the theatre... My showing starts at 1am.... Wouldn't want it any other way!

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
breh when he has the showdown with Kylo and the frame cuts to him levitating on the island using the Force I lost my shyt :wow:

The entire theater started applauding, it was as a special moment :ohlawd:

SAME HERE IN MY THEATER

Like..blowing up the Death Star and turning his father back into Anakin were both great

But THIS was Jedi Legendary

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the FORCE" - Darth Vader ANH

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you separate TFA from TLJ this movie was great on its own.

TFA had a lot of questions coming out of it which had a lot of people looking for satisfying answers in TLJ. Unfortunately half the questions you had won't get answered and the ones that did won't be very satisfying.

But as a singular film I think this was the best star wars movie since the original trilogy.

In my opinion the biggest problem with TLJ is TFA :yeshrug:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If you separate TFA from TLJ this movie was great on its own.

TFA had a lot of questions coming out of it which had a lot of people looking for satisfying answers in TLJ. Unfortunately half the questions you had won't get answered and the ones that did won't be very satisfying.

But as a singular film I think this was the best star wars movie since the original trilogy.

In my opinion the biggest problem with TLJ is TFA :yeshrug:

Great minds think alike breh :wow:

Saw it

3-The biggest problem this movie has is, in fact, Force Awakens. So I have no fukking clue how the hell JJ is supposed to end this trilogy neatly. And honestly, this story shouldn't end in Ep. IX....

:salute:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Sounds like OG star wars fans hate it. It was made for the newbies.

I'm an OG fan and don't hate it at all.

it was better to have this movie which threw a ton of curveballs

than what I've had in my head for what this 'should' look like and ultimately be predictable.

the franchise is fine..like Obi Wan said, "LET GO YOUR FEELINGS"

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I was so excited to see this movie, I had high hopes. I’m sad to say that this will be my last Star Wars movie in the theatres. Disney may have plans to make these movies well into the next decade but for me the franchise is dead now.

I truly believe they’ve sacrificed compelling characters and character development to appeal to what they think is most marketable - people who think Kylo Ren is cute or somehow represents the physical embodiment of who a main lead should be (broody misunderstood white male). He’s a whiny baby, and his anger, and story arc makes no sense. Teenage Anakin is more plausible than this guy. And the way they twisted both Luke and Rey’s character development to make Kylo sympathetic was so transparent and cheap.

And I really dislike what they did to Finn. It was classic bait from the beginning. They had no intention of giving this guy any real shine.

Aside from that, Daisy Ridley really is a great actress and should go far. I enjoyed her scenes. Also, it was nice to see Carrie Fischer in her last performance with so much material. She really did make the movie come alive for me. But those were the only highlights really, IMO.

Overall, the movie was too long and uneven, and there were things built up that did not deliver. It just wasn’t fun. And I say that as a long time fan who saw her first Star Wars film in 1978. Maybe that’s the problem, maybe I know and remember what these movies used to be and I can’t let go of the amazing characters, character development, and clear cut story lines that made sense.

I guess you can’t teach a old dog new tricks. If folks disagree and enjoy this movie, I say good for them. But this old dog did not enjoy it, and I will be watching Episodes 3-5, and perhaps Rogue One to get my Star War fix from here on out.

It was fun while it lasted. May the force be with the new fans and new generation.

4 out of 10 for me :francis: