Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
i'm going tonight to watch the movie. Made the mistake and watched a few videos off reddit..

All this build up about Snoke being more powerful than Vader and Sidous... But yet saying he can see into Kylo's mind and then lets Kylo kill him by the light saber..
I think to point of that scene is subtly show how powerful Kylo is with the Force.

He pretty much tricked Snoke like a Sith would and took advantage of his arrogance....a theme that is key in the movie, as it's also the reason why Luke no longer believes in the Jedi.

My only problem was that we should've gotten more backstory on Snoke. We still don't know shyt about him, how he rose to power and what's his obsession with Luke.

Last edited:

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
I think to point of that scene is subtly show how powerful Kylo is with the Force.

He pretty much tricked Snoke like a Sith would and took advantage of his arrogance....a theme that is key in the movie, as it's also the reason why Luke no longer believes in the Jedi.

My only problem was that we should've gotten more backstory on Snoke. We still don't know shyt about him, how he rose to power and what's his obsession with Luke.

I won't be suprised if their is a book or comic that talks about snoke in the near future.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@THASTUNNA replying to your last PM:

Trust me, you need to see the full context of the scene, and Snoke's appearances earlier in the film, where he is shown to be literally the most powerful Force user we've ever seen. During his death scene, he is full of arrogance and the taste of imminent victory. In addition he underestimates Kylo Ren's deceit, and is caught completely off-guard

I wonder that as well. I'm not 100% convinced that Snoke has been destroyed. That particular body was killed, I think (no Maul-like return), but perhaps Snoke has mastered the art of Transfer essence or is capable of occupying multiple bodies.

I don't see why they would introduce such an immensely powerful character, and one that is seemingly integral to the plot, and yet kill him off without providing any backstory/explanations. So we shall see :manny:

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Oh no question there's gonna be a book or book series about him. But a 2 minute backstory scene wouldn't have hurted the movie either.
If there are no future plans for him, chronologically, then they should've at least provided a 2-3 minute overview of his history. Which could still then be fleshed out in a novel or animated series.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If there are no future plans for him, chronologically, then they should've at least provided a 2-3 minute overview of his history. Which could still then be fleshed out in a novel or animated series.

Exactly.

Trust me, you need to see the full context of the scene, and Snoke's appearances earlier in the film, where he is shown to be literally the most powerful Force user we've ever seen. During his death scene, he is full of arrogance and the taste of imminent victory. In addition he underestimates Kylo Ren's deceit, and is caught completely off-guard

I wonder that as well. I'm not 100% convinced that Snoke has been destroyed. That particular body was killed, I think (no Maul-like return), but perhaps Snoke has mastered the art of Transfer essence or is capable of occupying multiple bodies.

I don't see why they would introduce such an immensely powerful character, and one that is seemingly integral to the plot, and yet kill him off without providing any backstory/explanations. So we shall see :manny:

I think the point of showing him as such a powerful being was to prove how arrogance is the main weakness of any Force user and it was the demise of the most powerful Jedi and Sith. I agree that building him up so much to just kill him off and forget about him is weird though.

Not sure I want him back, specially with Johnson not handling the story anymore. The whole point of the movie is moving forward and letting go of the past. Having Snoke as a presence is going backwards imo, It would also open up a whole new thread the story doesn't need. We have enough with the Rebellion vs First Order and Rey vs Kylo to have Snoke as a third party.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Exactly.

I think the point of showing him as such a powerful being was to prove how arrogance is the main weakness of any Force user and it was the demise of the most powerful Jedi and Sith. I agree that building him up so much to just kill him off and forget about him is weird though.

Not sure I want him back, specially with Johnson not handling the story anymore. The whole point of the movie is moving forward and letting go of the past. Having Snoke as a presence is going backwards imo, It would also open up a whole new thread the story doesn't need. We have enough with the Rebellion vs First Order and Rey vs Kylo to have Snoke as a third party.
True, bringing him back at this point probably wouldn’t work; I just wish he’d survived longer. His scenes, although few, were excellent.

Regarding his origin, it seems they were hinting he was...an ancient Sith? One that was somehow reawakened or freed? For example, when Kylo Ren was telling Rey it was time for the past to die and something new to emerge (right after killing Snoke), he made sure to mention the Sith and Jedi, as if Snoke and Luke represented the two. Maybe I’m imagining things, I need to rewatch the scene.

If he was an ancient Sith, his origins could be explored in an Old Republic film. Maybe in Rian Johnson’s trilogy :yeshrug:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Let me know What? That u loved it, that's obvious bruh u a stanley I wanna hear from dudes who don't love everything star wars at this point. But for your sake I do hope it's dope, that way you won't commit that. :russ:
I can't even argue with any thing you just said breh

:manny:

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston

well then I can't wait to watch the full film.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Is it true luke doesnt have any real fight scenes putting in work with the light saber? After all these years they couldnt give some fan service having him take out a squad of troopers or something?