Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
On first watch, and I usually don't change much after repeat viewings:

Empire
Sith
Rogue One =Jedi
Last Jedi = Clones
Menace
Force Awakens

I don't rank the OG Star Wars as it's the mother of all these flicks. It stands above all by default (even if not my favorite). TFA is last for the opposite reason, fukk that copyjob remake.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he's fine as director, his forte is definitely storytelling though, I agree with that. And yeah, if anything, he should've started this new trilogy

he basically tried to do it anyways with this middle film :heh:
Lol he's a good director it just may be he's better telling his own story than continuing someone else. I don't Remember brother bloom but looper and Brick both were very good movies buuuut were very much stand alone original movies who weren't for everyone . JJ. ( love or hate TFA ) managed to make a bunch of new characters that everyone cared about and left a bunch of open ended stuff that could easily lead to a sequel .

Disney was hamstrung tho because a bunch of haters said ohh it's too similar to a new hope BUT are now saying ohh what are these changes !!! I want typical Star Wars . They should of just got Ron Howard to do this

Daps
That kamikaze scene was fukking sick :banderas::banderas::banderas:
Snoke's death was kind of anti-climatic,even though his death was kinda creative.

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Did Luke end the OG Star Wars in a Coma or did he DESTROY the Death Star? Like a HERO?

Oh wait wait...Finn isn’t meant to be Luke, he’s meant to be more in the mode of Han right?

Did Han end the OG Star Wars in a Coma? Or did he come back in a nick of time to aid Luke? Like a HERO?

Bu bu but... WAIT until the next movie!! Finn is going to be more fleshed out!!!

So did Luke in ESB get his ass kicked, run around like a little bytch pining after Leia, get his ass kicked some more. Have a brand new character be more heroic, brave, and capable. Get his ass kicked AGAIN. And prove himself totally worthless of screentime?

OR

Did he go train with Yoda to become more stronger in the force. Bravely battle the much more powerful villian Darth Vadar to save his Friends, and even though he lost that particular battle, sacrificing a body part to do so, vow to find his friend and reunite him with his beloved, like a HERO?

shyt.. I keep forgetting, Finn isn’t meant to be Luke. Black men can’t be the force sensitive protagonists in these stories...

So did Han get his ass kicked, prove worthless of his screentime, and needed others to constantly save him?

OR

did Han fight bravely on behalf of his friends, to the point of torture and being frozen in a hibernated state and sold as a Hut’s ornament. Earning the love and undying devotion of the female lead...Like a HERO??

Holy shyt you say! Wait until Episode NINE you say!!??!!?!

Finn will be making Poe and Rey scrambled Eggs and English Muffins with a side Peach flavored All Fruit by the time Episode 9 hits theaters. He will have The Resistance’s uniforms neatly pressed and starched. He will make sure Rose has her morning Coffee. And he will have fresh cut flowers lain on Leia’s tombstone every fortnight.

Mark my words. C3PO will be a more useful hero than Finn by the time this trilogy is over.
GODDAMN:damn:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Lol he's a good director it just may be he's better telling his own story than continuing someone else. I don't Remember brother bloom but looper and Brick both were very good movies buuuut were very much stand alone original movies who weren't for everyone . JJ. ( love or hate TFA ) managed to make a bunch of new characters that everyone cared about and left a bunch of open ended stuff that could easily lead to a sequel .

Disney was hamstrung tho because a bunch of haters said ohh it's too similar to a new hope BUT are now saying ohh what are these changes !!! I want typical Star Wars . They should of just got Ron Howard to do this

No, I much prefer the direction Johnson gave to the story. Even if it meant downplaying TFA as much as it did, it still took a more compelling turn than a more traditional sequel would've went.

Instead of wanting someone like Ron Howard to make Last Jedi, I was lelt wanting someone else to make Force Awakens and give Johnson's film a better foundation :manny:

And this is coming from someone that liked TFA a lot. But seeing were the story is going now, I couldn't help wanting another type of movie/story as a prequel to TLJ.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I still can't believe some of what transpired. But for the most part it was excellent.

Rian Johnson needs to replace Abrams for IX

The more I think about, the more I think this is needed - but wont happen as Johnson will be focusing on creating his own trilogy and doesn't have time for IX - mainly because I don't think a lot of people can follow the paths he took in Last Jedi. Certainly I don't see JJ doing a good job...he'll probably do a time skip that's long enough for him to retcon some stuff and give a bunch of new mysteries that will be left unanswered.

And, specially considering the last scene of this movie, there's no way this story should just end in IX. It will either feel VERY rushed or there's gonna be a huge time skip that will leave us wanting to know what the fukk happened between VIII and IX :francis: