Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Thats fine we all know the black folks in that movie won't be bucking with big eyes chasing white women and tripping over themselves like it was the early 1900 birth of a nation movie.

Go back to the ladies room

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Just watched this shyt at 2AM. It's a typical Rian Johnson movie in the sense it needed at least three more rewrites and a director who understands pacing.

The best stuff in the movie are the Kylo Ren/Rey force scenes. Actual tension and very imaginative.

Finn/Rose is pure filler. It's clear that Johnson had no clue what to do with Finn and it shows in every scene. I'm not a Coli militant by any means but they definitely downgraded the fukk out of him, and there's a clear juxtaposition with Poe who is basically fukking up the entire movie too but is still presented as a heroic character.

Matter of fact, the entire movie is a dark pit of faux-pas feminism about fumbling men who constantly doubt strong women only to be proven wrong. Between Laura Dern looking like every middle-aged hipster lesbian ever and the ridiculous Leia-in-space force scene I can't even decide which part is the worst.

Actually, I know which is worse. Laura Dern's admiral Holdo since they did something truly disgusting to force her into the movie in the first place.

Killing admiral Ackbar off screen! What the flying fukk?!

Add stuff like completely wasting Benicio Del Toro and the awful out-of-place humor and for every scene that actually adds something to the universe, there is something tearing it apart at the same time.
But it's star wars...there hasn't been any bad star wars films...except for like 5,6 of em. :patrice:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Just watched this shyt at 2AM. It's a typical Rian Johnson movie in the sense it needed at least three more rewrites and a director who understands pacing.

The best stuff in the movie are the Kylo Ren/Rey force scenes. Actual tension and very imaginative.

Finn/Rose is pure filler. It's clear that Johnson had no clue what to do with Finn and it shows in every scene. I'm not a Coli militant by any means but they definitely downgraded the fukk out of him, and there's a clear juxtaposition with Poe who is basically fukking up the entire movie too but is still presented as a heroic character.

Matter of fact, the entire movie is a dark pit of faux-pas feminism about fumbling men who constantly doubt strong women only to be proven wrong. Between Laura Dern looking like every middle-aged hipster lesbian ever and the ridiculous Leia-in-space force scene I can't even decide which part is the worst.

Actually, I know which is worse. Laura Dern's admiral Holdo since they did something truly disgusting to force her into the movie in the first place.

Add stuff like completely wasting Benicio Del Toro and the awful out-of-place humor and for every scene that actually adds something to the universe, there is something tearing it apart at the same time.

I was surprised at the amount of humor, it almost feels like Spaceballs since they even pull off pranks in major scenes.

Luke casually tossing his lightsaber over his shoulder. Which I again feel was a shot at JJ for that garbage ending to TFA.

Poe asking for "General Huggs"

Like...they STARTED THE MOVIE with these two shyts :russ:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Rian Johnson isn't a good director it seems for a ongoing trilogy film especially not the middle film . He's a story teller it seems but not within others guidelines ( his work on breaking bad lead to the fly while inventive is kind of divisive and his other more traditional episodes were better )

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Saw it

1- If you are one of the people who's enjoyment relies on what Finn does and overthink everything involving his character....don't go watch this movie. NOT BECAUSE HE'S JOKE, read my spoilers for more details, but because you are not gonna get any payoff worth a damn for the hopes/investment you have on him :manny:

2- This was better than Force Awakens, but it's far from perfect. A lot of things work, a good number don't. I see plenty of people hating or not liking it because of those "misses". The Honest Trailer for this is gonna be hilarious :pachaha:

3-The biggest problem this movie has is, in fact, Force Awakens. So I have no fukking clue how the hell JJ is supposed to end this trilogy neatly. And honestly, this story shouldn't end in Ep. IX....

4- I'm really excited for Johnson's trilogy. Having free reign to tell a story that doesn't have to answer to any other and just build lore and loosely connect with the cannon will suit him perfectly.

Anyways, about them spoilers...

Rian Johnson basically said "fukk your movie" to JJ Abrahams :heh:

I really liked where he took the story and the lore - except for the Leia "resurrection/flying" scene, that shyt was out of place and unnecessary - but everything that happened in Force Awakens felt like big weight this movie couldn't shake off. Like, if this had a different film to continue from, Last Jedi could've been amazing. But a lot of the time it felt like a bunch of retcons to take the story were Johnson wanted: When it seemed like we were gonna find out shyt about Snoke, he gets killed. Rey's parents are nobodies. Kylo's "betrayal" gets explained but we the Knights of Ren are not even mentioned by name this time. Phasma gets dealt with and thrown to the bushes...all choices I have no big problem with, but it just rendered Episode VII as useless.

Finn's story started pathetically. NO ONE laughed at his goof ass intro, I'm glad the point of his arc was going away from being a clown/coward and evolving into a "hero". The Canto Bight shyt was too long though and could've been better executed. It was kinda saved by the last scene with the force sensitive kid showing the Rebellion ring, but still, most of that arc felt like filler just to give him shyt to do.

Kelly Marie Tran's character is meh at best.

LOVED how you can feel the desperation and how dire the situation is for the Rebellion. Every death matters and it makes you go :lupe: thinking how the fukk are they gonna escape. But again, it's a shame Force Awakens did such a terrible job of showing how important the loss of the Republic was and how much of a threat the First Order is. Besides, Rian Johnson makes the FO look like the Empire without giving any context besides the intro scroll.

Also loved the space battles and the action in general. The shot of Holdo's kamikaze against Snoke ship was :ohlawd: :ohmy: my lord.

Luke....man, this is gonna be one of the main things people hate about this fillm. We don't see him beast with a lightsaber - I just wanted a little bit more from the Kylo fight, just a couple of offensive moves at least - and only in the end you realize how much of a MONSTER he is with the force. To me, the shot of him levitating in the island and revealing he was using a damn projection on Crayt was enough for me to understand and respect his true power. But I know a bunch of folks will find it wack that's all he did. My only problem with Luke's story is that it's never explained why he left half the map with R2D2. He pretty much wants to die in the island - and actually does - so why the fukk did he left bread crumbs to be found....

Yoda's cameo had me :wow: and they used the OG puppet and no bullshyt CGI :banderas: and the motherfukker created lighting from the sky to burn the library :damn: and also hit Luke with his stick....makes you think what will Luke do in Ep. IX if needed, he did tell Kylo he would be seeing him again.

Leia...I don't know brehs. The point of the film was showing how the Rebellion will have to rely on other people to lead it, but her "resurrecting" after the ambush, flying and then doing nothing else with the Force was weird as fukk. She showed incredible power and then it was just same ol' Leia. And JJ can't use her in IX, really weird what they did with her imo. I'm glad we got a Luke and Chewie reunion with her though.

I have zero faith in JJ Abrahams sticking the landing. He'll probably re-retcon what Johnson did and gives a bunch of new cliffhangers and misteries :francis:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I guess I'm in. Going to see it at my local IMAX theatre tomorrow morning(12/15 1:00am). I figured I'd buy my ticket at 12am today, but I was 30 minutes late.. That was enough time for the first show to be almost completely sold out(only terrible seats left, so I passed on the 9:30 show).

I was going to read this thread, but after seeing all of the spoiler tags, I think I'll pass until I see the movie.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I liked what Johnson did with Finn more than JJ. He actually gave him and arc and evolution, he's not a clown anymore after the movie ends. His introduction was fukking garbage though. Most of the movie felt like RJ shytting on what JJ did and then moving forward with what he wanted. The Finn/Rose stuff was indeed filler though.

I liked Holdo. Leia's was cringe worthy, it had no follow up either.

Humor was all over the place, a lot of shyt fell flat, I did laugh at parts though.
The aliens at Luke's island hating Rey had me :mjlol:

And yeah, what Johnson did best was moving forward with the Force lore

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Rian Johnson isn't a good director it seems for a ongoing trilogy film especially not the middle film . He's a story teller it seems but not within others guidelines ( his work on breaking bad lead to the fly while inventive is kind of divisive and his other more traditional episodes were better )

I think he's fine as director, his forte is definitely storytelling though, I agree with that. And yeah, if anything, he should've started this new trilogy

he basically tried to do it anyways with this middle film :heh:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This thread is hilarious. I just saw a last jedi commercial in the gym saying "dont be spoiled" in a dramatic voice like they know they fukked and trying to keep them first weekend numbers strong.

I think that's because the spoilers read way worse than what they actually are, as the movie tries to go into a different/new direction. Reading them now after watching the movie, I think only 1 is garbage.

The other spoilers will lead people to go :stopitslime: :camby: but if you actually see how they play out, they'll probably go :ehh: or even (best case scenario) :ohhh:

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
@Jmare007 definitely agree it's way better than Tfa and Rian was shytting on JJ. I mentioned it earlier but direct shots were:

- Luke tossing the saber. One of the first things we learned is that Rian wasn't amused by JJ's cliffhanger ending.

- Snoke clowning Kylo for getting got by Rey and being a wannabe and telling him to take that ridiculous mask off.

- Luke telling R2 replaying the og-Leia hologram was a "cheap trick". This was the most direct shot imo.

- Snoke/Phasma getting bushed.

- Luke clowning Rey for thinking all it takes to be a Jedi is to physically reach out (literally what she did in TFA).

- the mystery of Reys parents.

- General Hux getting clowned by....everyone. Not even his subordinates fear him.

There's way more but i completely agree that this felt like him trying to course correct TFA.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did Luke end the OG Star Wars in a Coma or did he DESTROY the Death Star? Like a HERO?

Oh wait wait...Finn isn’t meant to be Luke, he’s meant to be more in the mode of Han right?

Did Han end the OG Star Wars in a Coma? Or did he come back in a nick of time to aid Luke? Like a HERO?

Bu bu but... WAIT until the next movie!! Finn is going to be more fleshed out!!!

So did Luke in ESB get his ass kicked, run around like a little bytch pining after Leia, get his ass kicked some more. Have a brand new character be more heroic, brave, and capable. Get his ass kicked AGAIN. And prove himself totally worthless of screentime?

OR

Did he go train with Yoda to become more stronger in the force. Bravely battle the much more powerful villian Darth Vadar to save his Friends, and even though he lost that particular battle, sacrificing a body part to do so, vow to find his friend and reunite him with his beloved, like a HERO?

shyt.. I keep forgetting, Finn isn’t meant to be Luke. Black men can’t be the force sensitive protagonists in these stories...

So did Han get his ass kicked, prove worthless of his screentime, and needed others to constantly save him?

OR

did Han fight bravely on behalf of his friends, to the point of torture and being frozen in a hibernated state and sold as a Hut’s ornament. Earning the love and undying devotion of the female lead...Like a HERO??

Holy shyt you say! Wait until Episode NINE you say!!??!!?!

Finn will be making Poe and Rey scrambled Eggs and English Muffins with a side Peach flavored All Fruit by the time Episode 9 hits theaters. He will have The Resistance’s uniforms neatly pressed and starched. He will make sure Rose has her morning Coffee. And he will have fresh cut flowers lain on Leia’s tombstone every fortnight.

Mark my words. C3PO will be a more useful hero than Finn by the time this trilogy is over.

Truth.