Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finn was originally written as a white character if im not mistaken, or at least written as not specifically black. Also, dude was the male lead in a star wars movie and his character was basically something that chris pratt would play. stop being so insecure.
Exactly I've pointed this out for years ontop of how in the OG trilogy the heroes took l's Luke got got in every movie and was full of corny jokes and humor ( han had some real cheesy one liners ) the problem to them is he's not a black Jedi . To me though I like the first FO member to break programming from a organization he been in since childhood

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tried to tell y’all two years ago when they pulled the bait and switch.

All the Black nerds and white Boys cried foul on that “you just WAIT until the next one you hotep militant!!!! YOULL SEE:damn:

I told y’all the moment that he got his ass kicked by Kyle Ren and was the ONLY new protagonist to end the goddamn movie in a COMA that the fix was in and that Finn was going to be live action Jar Jar Binks.

Where are all you black nerds and white boys now:heh:

Won't spend a dollar watching that bull shyt. Bad enough lupita is a ugly ass alien.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread is hilarious. I just saw a last jedi commercial in the gym saying "dont be spoiled" in a dramatic voice like they know they fukked and trying to keep them first weekend numbers strong.

Im trying my hardest not to look at these spoilers since i already got my imax tickets for sat paid for but is it at least visually beautiful so i can drink something to ease the pain of the story

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Major major spoilers be warned:

Not a boss.

He doesn't leave the island. He does one major thing which is basically a long distance Jedi mind trick on Kylo and it literally kills Luke. He becomes one with the force

What the fukk.....yeah this a trash movie. Obie one rolling in his grave. Anakin ain't die for this bull shyt.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I shouldve avoided this thread like the plague, fukk you guys, im spoiling black panther as soon as spoilers are out

Thats fine we all know the black folks in that movie won't be bucking with big eyes chasing white women and tripping over themselves like it was the early 1900 birth of a nation movie.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Exactly I've pointed this out for years ontop of how in the OG trilogy the heroes took l's Luke got got in every movie and was full of corny jokes and humor ( han had some real cheesy one liners ) the problem to them is he's not a black Jedi . To me though I like the first FO member to break programming from a organization he been in since childhood

Did Luke end the OG Star Wars in a Coma or did he DESTROY the Death Star? Like a HERO?

Oh wait wait...Finn isn’t meant to be Luke, he’s meant to be more in the mode of Han right?

Did Han end the OG Star Wars in a Coma? Or did he come back in a nick of time to aid Luke? Like a HERO?

Bu bu but... WAIT until the next movie!! Finn is going to be more fleshed out!!!

So did Luke in ESB get his ass kicked, run around like a little bytch pining after Leia, get his ass kicked some more. Have a brand new character be more heroic, brave, and capable. Get his ass kicked AGAIN. And prove himself totally worthless of screentime?

OR

Did he go train with Yoda to become more stronger in the force. Bravely battle the much more powerful villian Darth Vadar to save his Friends, and even though he lost that particular battle, sacrificing a body part to do so, vow to find his friend and reunite him with his beloved, like a HERO?

shyt.. I keep forgetting, Finn isn’t meant to be Luke. Black men can’t be the force sensitive protagonists in these stories...

So did Han get his ass kicked, prove worthless of his screentime, and needed others to constantly save him?

OR

did Han fight bravely on behalf of his friends, to the point of torture and being frozen in a hibernated state and sold as a Hut’s ornament. Earning the love and undying devotion of the female lead...Like a HERO??

Holy shyt you say! Wait until Episode NINE you say!!??!!?!

Finn will be making Poe and Rey scrambled Eggs and English Muffins with a side Peach flavored All Fruit by the time Episode 9 hits theaters. He will have The Resistance’s uniforms neatly pressed and starched. He will make sure Rose has her morning Coffee. And he will have fresh cut flowers lain on Leia’s tombstone every fortnight.

Mark my words. C3PO will be a more useful hero than Finn by the time this trilogy is over.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just watched this shyt at 2AM. It's a typical Rian Johnson movie in the sense it needed at least three more rewrites and a director who understands pacing.

The best stuff in the movie are the Kylo Ren/Rey force scenes. Actual tension and very imaginative.

Finn/Rose is pure filler. It's clear that Johnson had no clue what to do with Finn and it shows in every scene. I'm not a Coli militant by any means but they definitely downgraded the fukk out of him, and there's a clear juxtaposition with Poe who is basically fukking up the entire movie too but is still presented as a heroic character.

Matter of fact, the entire movie is a dark pit of faux-pas feminism about fumbling men who constantly doubt strong women only to be proven wrong. Between Laura Dern looking like every middle-aged hipster lesbian ever and the ridiculous Leia-in-space force scene I can't even decide which part is the worst.

Actually, I know which is worse. Laura Dern's admiral Holdo since they did something truly disgusting to force her into the movie in the first place.

Killing admiral Ackbar off screen! What the flying fukk?!

Add stuff like completely wasting Benicio Del Toro and the awful out-of-place humor and for every scene that actually adds something to the universe, there is something tearing it apart at the same time.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Oh wait wait...Finn isn’t meant to be Luke, he’s meant to be more in the mode of Han right?

Did Han end the OG Star Wars in a Coma? Or did he come back in a nick of time to aid Luke? Like a HERO?

He ended Empire frozen in carbonite and got saved by a woman :ohhh: