Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Read this Finn
Yes, the vast majority of it is canon (except for someone editing in that Finn wasn't FS :francis:).

@wire28 as well
:jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:

too bad the film mentioned none of this, and is as canon as you can get

with that said he's a garbage man :mjlol: its ok. he was the best acted character and has the most room for growth from the cowardly simp lord space garabage man liar to possibly something alot more. we'll see how they handle him in episode 8

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
How you gonna Cape a dude that body his own father because he hates the feeling of good. Yall sith nikkas boy i tell u
Easy cause dude a ill ass villain from character design to easily the hardest lightsaber ever built
12339617_10153205110937344_7335736505132387749_o.jpg

Kylo!
images

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So was neo...:troll:

Besides without Luke the emperor would still be in charge with an iron fist and lukes presence did balance the equation out when Vader killed the emperor and Vader died...

:yeshrug:

And if lord snoke is Darth plageuis then Luke is in big fukking trouble... :huhldup:
Anakin fukked up the balance

Luke redeemed his father and brought the balance back

Ben trying to fukk it up again

So after the next generation wipe out the entire bloodline

:russ:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm::jbhmm::jbhmm:

too bad the film mentioned none of this, and is as canon as you can get

with that said he's a garbage man :mjlol: its ok. he was the best acted character and has the most room for growth from the cowardly simp lord space garabage man liar to possibly something alot more. we'll see how they handle him in episode 8
:russell:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Is the book considered Canon? If so, its kind of strange considering in the film he doesn't come across like that at all (except didn't captain phasma say something about him being top ranked?)

Yes the book is canon, its the novel version of the movie. In the books during training simulations he goes out of his way to save his comrades when they fall behind and still manages to complete the objectives. He gets credit for basically completing missions while making them harder on himself but Phasma doesnt like it because she considers any trooper that falls behind weak and they should be left to die. Explains why he basically quits when he sees his friends dying in real life.

Since he was one of the more talented cadets it also shows why other troopers are especially pissed at him leaving.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Easy cause dude a ill ass villain from character design to easily the hardest lightsaber ever built
12339617_10153205110937344_7335736505132387749_o.jpg

Kylo!
images

I still give maul's double light saber the nod as the dopest. I give his saber 2nd place even tho i dont see the need for the cross hairs on the side.

Oh and i guess it got cut but i wanted to see the part in the 1st trailer where they show him going thru the woods then stops and lights that bytch up for some work

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I still give maul's double light saber the nod as the dopest. I give his saber 2nd place even tho i dont see the need for the cross hairs on the side.

Oh and i guess it got cut but i wanted to see the part in the 1st trailer where they show him going thru the woods then stops and lights that bytch up for some work
Maul shared that saber though I seen so many double sided blades but none like Kylo's.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes the book is canon, its the novel version of the movie. In the books during training simulations he goes out of his way to save his comrades when they fall behind and still manages to complete the objectives. He gets credit for basically completing missions while making them harder on himself but Phasma doesnt like it because she considers any trooper that falls behind weak and they should be left to die. Explains why he basically quits when he sees his friends dying in real life.

Since he was one of the more talented cadets it also shows why other troopers are especially pissed at him leaving.

SMH Why couldn't they include this in the film (in some form):mindblown: Makes me hate JJ Abrams even more. :heh:

BillyOcean

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh did you even watch the movie?

They never implied Kylo fought Luke and forced him to exile. They said Kylo undid the work Luke was trying to do by training a new set of Jedi to watch over the galaxy by killing them. This caused Luke to question if what he was doing was actually helping anything so he got discouraged and exiled himself to ponder that. Kylo is pretty strong with the force and the only thing that seems to be holding him back is him fighting between accepting the light and dark sides of the force. Its not a stretch that he would be able to kill some trainees Luke gathered from who knows where.

Yep. Watched it and enjoyed the movie. I may go see it again. This does not mean that there are not a few plot holes. I have a few more things that don't quite add up - Kylo's timeline and Luke's disappearance for instance - but I do not want to be the overly critical fan.

And it is a fukking stretch to say Kylo was able to kill trainees then get his ass handed to him by a Jr Varsity, Microwave Jedi/Mary Sue. It is also bad writing when a few minutes before, Kylo was able to "Force Freeze" Microwave Jedi/Mary Sue but chose not while they were fighting.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is proof positive as to how much these so-called "conscious", "HOTEP" nikkaz are still living with a slave mentality. Y'all begging for a black superhero in STAR WARS??? STAR WARS??? We got more pressing and serious social issues going on in real life and you are angry over your OWN mislead expectation? Meanwhile, the dude that plays POE is Hispanic and got the least screen time in the entire film and ain't heard a bytch-fest from not one person from the Spanish community. Y'all wanting a black Jedi as if there's never been on in Star Wars lore.... freakin' cry babies. Trying to force some "deeper" meaning as if there's racist intent to his role or some subliminal bullshyt that is only made up in your own insecure minds.

My people are SO insecure. SO conditioned to post traumatic slave disorder that they'll cannot just sit and enjoy any more with a black lead without overly scrutinizing. White people don't ever have to sit and feel that insecure and protective of THEIR image and can freely have an array of characters from the scumbag to the hero. Everything Finn is, Han Solo 40 years ago WAS in A New Hope. And Han was worst.

For real, stop bytching about this film or this character in the film and focus on REAL problems we are facing against these devils.

Some of you sound real threatened and unnerved at people... Black people, asking hard-hitting questions about Finn's depiction like there's something wrong with it:patrice:, especially with the marketing that cats like like you love to gloss over :mjpls:

Out here :cape: for the mary sue girl and having zero problems with it, "Rey's a great new character", "she's flawless?... so what, Strong female character?", but when someone says they expected Finn too have been like that and to have taken no losses, or to have simply been competent like Poe it's immediately :whoa: "It wouldn't have worked, Finn's role is good and groundbreaking, he can grow" :skip:

Y'all stay exposing yourselves :whoo:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
So am I the only one who thinks Rey is from Bastila Shan's line?
That little shyt she pulled at the end there to win the fight looked a lot like Battle Meditation to me.

Didn't Rey put on Luke's X-wing helmet whenever they showed her early in the movie living in that AT-AT? I mean, the film heavily implied she is the daughter of Luke Skywalker :manny:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Yep. Watched it and enjoyed the movie. I may go see it again. This does not mean that there are not a few plot holes. I have a few more things that don't quite add up - Kylo's timeline and Luke's disappearance for instance - but I do not want to be the overly critical fan.

And it is a fukking stretch to say Kylo was able to kill trainees then get his ass handed to him by a Jr Varsity, Microwave Jedi/Mary Sue. It is also bad writing when a few minutes before, Kylo was able to "Force Freeze" Microwave Jedi/Mary Sue but chose not while they were fighting.

I chalk that second portion up to conviently forgetting some powers exist. I mean even in ESB Vader could have immediately went for a force choke on Luke in their battle. Honestly no Jedi/Sith should start a fight without going for force choke or weapon pull first. I'd only actually duel if those first two methods fail.