Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and he suffers from the same inferiority complex as the rest of the Finn haters.

"Black dude isn't a Jedi so he's a side kick and a waste character."

Mean while the fukking series isn't "Jedi Wars". The Jedi are just a part of a larger whole. Anyone butt hurt about Finn is woefully inept at watching films. He's a duteragonist which is much better than a fukking side kick.

Like I said earlier, if Han did all the shyt that Finn did people would be talking about how much "survival instinct" he has. And how much heart he had cuz he took on a sith in training.

Can't win with you nikkas I swear. :snoop:

well cacs been dominating cinema for years so having a cowardly sidekick character who was a sanitation worker wouldnt have a big impact on their representation. given the racist history of african american representation in cinema, we cant afford to be giving passes at this point. we need that black excellence representation as soon and as much as possible. im all for flawed characterisations, we dont need perfect characters, but this hit like every negative stereotype that its hard to overlook.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
This whole discussion about Rey being a "Mary Sue" or overpowered on social media is hilarious. Feminists and Men's Right Activists are using this film for yet another battle.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
well cacs been dominating cinema for years so having a cowardly sidekick character who was a sanitation worker wouldnt have a big impact on their representation. given the racist history of african american representation in cinema, we cant afford to be giving passes at this point. we need that black excellence representation as soon and as much as possible. im all for flawed characterisations, we dont need perfect characters, but this hit like every negative stereotype that its hard to overlook.
How was Finn cowardly?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I felt the same way that he was Terri cloth but I got the struggle. He WANTED to go to the darkside. He didn't want any light in him. Normally we see the journey from the other side where someone is trying to be a Jedi and fighting this internal struggle to not be pulled to the darkside and normally they give in because of emotions left unchecked. This cat tho wanted to be evil. He wanted to be the new Vader more than anything. I think there was enough bread crumbs to get a good enough picture of who he was and who he is: he trained with his uncle and was seduced by Smoke and wanted to live up to his grandfather rather than be like his mom or his dad. And he even said Han wasn't the greatest dad and from what we know of Han it wouldn't surprise me that he wouldn't be.
He was seduced by big smoke :wow:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Oh she's definitely a Mary Sue but she's bad ass as fukk and it's awesome

I'm just saying it's hilarious that they can't turn their brain off for 2 hours and 10 minutes without thinking of social issues.

Edit: Also I feel like the majority of people saying that have a problem with Finn even getting a kiss on the forehead so I can't fully co-sign them.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC

:ufdup:this is only the beginning. don't forget that this is a DISNEY movie.

which means:

- rey will most likely discover she is a princess

- finn will be turned into a talking animal

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Im embracing our simp lord space garbage man now :yeshrug: they pump faked us with the promotion and his character centering around being Rey's weed/light saber carrier leads to tons of room for growth :troll: once he wakes up out the coma that is :troll:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Im embracing our simp lord space garbage man now :yeshrug: they pump faked us with the promotion and his character centering around being Rey's weed/light saber carrier leads to tons of room for growth :troll: once he wakes up out the coma that is :troll:
you're all gonna eat you words once they release episode VIII: from simp to pimp:birdman:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just saying it's hilarious that they can't turn their brain off for 2 hours and 10 minutes without thinking of social issues.

People's (especially Americans) readiness and willingness to turn their brain off is the reason we have social issues in the first place

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

:deadmanny:

Was I the only one who half-expected Rey's "friend"ly forehead kiss to magically wake him up?

He's now the only SW character to be in a coma too.

Obi-Wan and Anakin got cut the fukk up by Dooku and stood right up. Dooku lost both of his hands and took it. Anakin got his arms and legs cut off, burned to a crisp and tortured into a suit and didn't pass out. Luke got beat the fukk up, dismembered and threw himself down a shaft and stayed conscious. Han Solo was forzen in carbonite and was kicking ass while blinded right after they freed him.

Finn got his shoulder cut and his back slashed. Would've made more sense if Kylo forceblasted his mind or some shyt.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Edit: Also I feel like the majority of people saying that have a problem with Finn even getting a kiss on the forehead so I can't fully co-sign them.
And they act like there was some secret feminist motive behind everything. Rey is a bad ass interesting character and daisy Ridley killed it.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Oh she's definitely a Mary Sue but she's bad ass as fukk and it's awesome

First it was Mad Max, now it's Star Wars. I bet the moment we get a movie again where the female lead is tied to a chair these motherfukkers are going to celebrate like:

tumblr_n291q6GwAu1srbyoyo1_400.gif