Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: for what? To dress up and act like a jiggaboo for white people? fukk that c00n ass house nikka

Forest for the trees bruh:snoop:

The blueprint=Create and own your content

People bytching about black representation in cac fantasy movies that they don't even want you in

But I'll spell out for you more

Look at these asian countries, look at bollywood. They're not thinking about cacs putting them in movies because they have their own

Black people need to do the same

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
is isn't about social issues. It's about a story that doesn't make any sense, and where characters have no stakes and no challenges. There have been tons of strong female characters in movies.

I think the movie was whack. Period. But some things really stood out.

1) Finn is just a janitor, but he can go toe-to-toe with Darth Vader's grand son who was trained by Luke Skywalker. The same guy who can stop laser beams? Same guy who wrecked the entire New Jedi order? It would have been okay if they dropped subtle clues to show he is a force user, but the movie went out of it's way to show that Finn was just a normal janitor. Kylo was hurt? Fukk that, I don't belive it

2) captain phasma? She was hyped up to be the bad-ass, but did she actually do? Why did she so easily lower the shields? So one of the New Orders best solders wouldn't sacrifice her own life to save the millions on starkiller base?

3) rey: who is she? Was her mind wiped? Does she already training? Why isn't this explained? She suddenly discovers she is a force user and can challenge Kylo Ren? What's the point of training?

4)What is the purpose of the new order? What do they want? Are they a terrorist organization?

5) the resistance.. Are they some militia? Why doesn't the republic have an army that challenges the new order? They need a proxy organization (the resistance) to fight the new order? Why? what is the big problem with the Republic fighting a organization like the New Order that is clearly out to destroy the republic.

6) its not a complete movie. What are snokes objectives? Who is he? Why does he have control? Is snoke a sith lord?

7) why is Luke in hiding? Finding him was the whole point of this movie, and the ending wasn't very fulfilling.

Some of those answers are in the books cause most people's arguments against the prequels were all of the politics.

Like for 4 and 5, the First Order is a remnant of the Empire that the Republic allows to exist in the Outer Rim planets after the Republic got rid of it's military a few years after Return of the Jedi. They also signed a peace treaty with the First Order, which is why the Resistance works alone to disrupt them, Leia was one of the only people in the Republic that saw them as a threat.

Luke went into exile like Yoda and Obi-Wan because he failed with the New Jedi Order.

And Finn isn't just a normal janitor worker. He said he worked in the sanitation department on the base but he's also trained to be a Stormtrooper which is why he was part of the village raid.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
First it was Mad Max, now it's Star Wars. I bet the moment we get a movie again where the female lead is tied to a chair these motherfukkers are going to celebrate like:

tumblr_n291q6GwAu1srbyoyo1_400.gif
I don't believe that the people calling Rey a Mary Sue want her to be a Damsel in distress. It is just that she started displaying advanced force abilities out of nowhere and if she had some repressed training/memories like Charly Baltimore in the long kiss goodnight or River Tam from Firefly then fine but something like that needs to be addressed and established. Also her never taking any Ls or being in any real danger contributes to her being labeled a Mary Sue. Luke stayed getting rescued and his ass handed to him in the original trilogy so it is not a sexism thing it is just a bad writing thing. The Bride from Kill Bill, Ellen Ripley and Vasquez from Aliens, Sarah Connor from Terminator, Katnis Everdean from the Hunger Games and even Princess Leia from the original trilogy are all strong female characters but they weren't Mary Sues.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Forest for the trees bruh:snoop:

The blueprint=Create and own your content

People bytching about black representation in cac fantasy movies that they don't even want you in

But I'll spell out for you more

Look at these asian countries, look at bollywood. They're not thinking about cacs putting them in movies because they have their own

Black people need to do the same
They're also in their original home country/continent where they are the majority :dame: The fact is that black america only supports c00ney like Tyler Perry. When we have a really good actor like Boyega in a STAR WARS movie (which is a really big deal) people are saying he's a simp cause he didn't up in a coma. See how ass backwards we are?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
So was neo...:troll:

Besides without Luke the emperor would still be in charge with an iron fist and lukes presence did balance the equation out when Vader killed the emperor and Vader died...

:yeshrug:

And if lord snoke is Darth plageuis then Luke is in big fukking trouble... :huhldup:
Without Anakin palpatine doesn't rise to power :sas1:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Without Anakin palpatine doesn't rise to power :sas1:

True but then again. darth maul and dooku still existed... plus palatine was manipulating everthing from behind the scenes anyway, the clone army, the trade federation war, and order 66 would have been unleashed anyways. Nothing would have stopped him if anakin didnt take his place as apprentice there would have been others or snoke (plagueis) would come back in some form to fukk shyt up anyways.

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
1) Finn is just a janitor, but he can go toe-to-toe with Darth Vader's grand son who was trained by Luke Skywalker. The same guy who can stop laser beams? Same guy who wrecked the entire New Jedi order? It would have been okay if they dropped subtle clues to show he is a force user, but the movie went out of it's way to show that Finn was just a normal janitor. Kylo was hurt? Fukk that, I don't belive it

I wasn't going to say nothing about this because I thought people were trolling.......ya'll can't be fukking serious :russ:

They're going to send a regular janitor with no combat training on a combat assignment :mjlol:

Stop looking for reasons to be upset. Even infantrymen in the Army get put on cleaning/cooking details :pachaha:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I wasn't going to say nothing about this because I thought people were trolling.......ya'll can't be fukking serious :russ:

They're going to send a regular janitor with no combat training on a combat assignment :mjlol:

Stop looking for reasons to be upset. Even infantrymen in the Army get put on cleaning/cooking details :pachaha:

But his MOS was sanitation :mindblown:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
is isn't about social issues. It's about a story that doesn't make any sense, and where characters have no stakes and no challenges. There have been tons of strong female characters in movies.

I think the movie was whack. Period. But some things really stood out.

2) captain phasma? She was hyped up to be the bad-ass, but did she actually do? Why did she so easily lower the shields? So one of the New Orders best solders wouldn't sacrifice her own life to save the millions on starkiller base?

3) rey: who is she? Was her mind wiped? Does she already training? Why isn't this explained? She suddenly discovers she is a force user and can challenge Kylo Ren? What's the point of training?

4)What is the purpose of the new order? What do they want? Are they a terrorist organization?

5) the resistance.. Are they some militia? Why doesn't the republic have an army that challenges the new order? They need a proxy organization (the resistance) to fight the new order? Why? what is the big problem with the Republic fighting a organization like the New Order that is clearly out to destroy the republic.

6) its not a complete movie. What are snokes objectives? Who is he? Why does he have control? Is snoke a sith lord?

7) why is Luke in hiding? Finding him was the whole point of this movie, and the ending wasn't very fulfilling.
Negged. Shoutout to my higher learning folk @Serious

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Follow the clues brehs.

Poe is the one that had the persona and charisma of a Han early in the movie. Once he's removed...

The real Han shows up.

Poe finally comes back. Han is killed.

We're going to see much more of Poe in the the next movie(s).
Finn is something different and new added to the franchise. Should be handled better by Rian Johnson.

Bu bu bu Finn is the new Han, because now he ain't super Jedi lets make up some new role for him :troll:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
You don't send janitors(mos) on combat missions, bruh :dame:
Yes you do, especially if its for a critical combat mission and have to call up support MOS's for combat. :rudy:

I bet they all went to basic training and every trooper orginal MOS was combat arms. But his general MOS was sanitation.

Last edited: