Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Ok so I finally understand the relationship between the resistance/rebellion/first power thanks to various forums that explain the books.

The new republic demilitarized sometime in between rotj and tfa but kept a star-fleet. The republic also signed a peace treaty with the first order giving them control of some Outer Rim planets.

Leia foresaw that the first power would be a problem and created the Resistance, which is rag tag of fighters who are secretly funded by the Republic.

When Hux is giving his Nazi speech he also mentions that the Republic violated the treaty by supporting the resistance, which was his excuse for destroying those five planets.

There's more to the story but that's the gist of it.
Exactly.

And after literally having their capital planet and many members of the Senate obliterated, between TFA and VIII or during Episode 8 the Republic is going to be furious and scrambling for available forces. Much more so than the OR just before the Clone Wars.

Since VIII will be similair to the ESB in terms of tone and darkness, I wonder if it wil involve the Republic quickly mobilizing across the Galaxy and 'striking back' (:heh:), or the FO pressing forward with a much larger than expected Fleet and taking large swathes of Republic terrirtory before they are able to respond.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Breh he was same with Obi wan they hid, got flabby like gohan in the buu saga

Just imagine if the rebels had a general like Yoda or Obi Won leading em

Esp watching star wars rebels cartoon reminds me of how pathetic Yoda was

You wanted Yoda and Obi Wan to fight the Sith and those clones/ stromtroppers by themselves????? Chess not UNO bruh.............

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That's the main reason I'm on "Rey is Luke's daughter camp". There's too much pain in Luke's face for Rey to be a complete unknown, at the very least he knows who she is.

More than angry I think he was like "you don't really wanna do this :usure:"

Yeah, it's not like being confronted by his own light saber would remind him of the tragedy of failing to raise a new generation of Jedi as his own blood turned to the dark side once more and account for that pain in his eyes. :jbhmm:

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Breh he was same with Obi wan they hid, got flabby like gohan in the buu saga

Just imagine if the rebels had a general like Yoda or Obi Won leading em

Esp watching star wars rebels cartoon reminds me of how pathetic Yoda was
To be frank, Yoda did fight papaltine in the Senate conference and kinda got his ass handed to him, while Mase Window almost murked him easily :jbhmm:

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it is bruh! when she touches lukes lightsaber she has visions of herself as a child on jukku watching her family fly off and she sees the image I described. and it implied that punk ass Vader wannabe bested Luke!!!

naw, man, that's not implied at all....kylo and the KOR fukked up the temple while luke was gone....luke touching rd was in the aftermath of him coming back to see what they had done, kylo was gone.....he's never fought luke.....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another hint about rey people missing: han already knows who rey is....when the alien lady asked him, they cut away when he was finna tell her....also, i think leia knows who she is too.....the way she looked at and hugged her, she knows rey.....we, the audience, just dont know the backstory and how they know her....which is great cause this was just the first movie....

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Force Awakens stans killing this dude on twitter for articulating the problems with Rey. he is a screenwriter so he has some credibility.

just found out this dude father is the great John Landis.

He's dead on primarily because she is like a Jedi savant while self trained, when force Jesus anakain and his son took two movies to do what she did in one scene....Luke damn near died before he force-pulled a light saber, she does it because she wants to.

The way we see Jedi skills improve with training she should be 3-4x as powerful as a Skywalker unless she's straight up broken.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Luke didn't run.... It's blatantly obvious that he doesn't want to kill Ren and felt guilty about what Ren became and how shyt got fukked up again.......... He sees this shyt happening again and he doesn't want it to end like it ended with Darth Vader/ Anakin............ Dude is obviously trying to figure out the solution without death....... Luke is not running nor was he hiding.........

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
naw, man, that's not implied at all....kylo and the KOR fukked up the temple while luke was gone....luke touching rd was in the aftermath of him coming back to see what they had done, kylo was gone.....he's never fought luke.....
The Vision showed Kylo and his crew standing behind a cloaked Luke while he was crouching down with his hand on R2. I took at as Kylo gave Luke the business because there is no way Luke would let someone destroying his temple and killing his pupils slide. He would have went after Snoke and Kylo without any hesitation. Obiwan and Yoda had a reason to run and Hide. Anakin the Chosen one was pissed at the Jedi Council, he finally had a Powerful Master that could help him reach his full potential and the were gunning for any Jedi who survived Order 66.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
He's dead on primarily because she is like a Jedi savant while self trained, when force Jesus anakain and his son took two movies to do what she did in one scene....Luke damn near died before he force-pulled a light saber, she does it because she wants to.

The way we see Jedi skills improve with training she should be 3-4x as powerful as a Skywalker unless she's straight up broken.
I felt some kind of way about her giving Kylo that work

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Here's a question.

Who separated Rey and her parents.

If I'm betting on anything I'm saying that Rey and kylo ren BOTH went to be trained by Luke, rey was exponentially more powerful and so luke, fearing the dark side he felt in ren, hid Rey on the most Podunk planet he could find...and was proven right to do so when kylo ren went to the dark side.