Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Was that Vader's theme that played briefly when Luke is first shown?

That had me wondering if Luke is evil low key...Everything he's done to this point makes me feel like he's gone to the dark side...nikka was even rocking all black in that last original.

Yoda told homie if he cut corners he's basically the dark side...so he cut that corner....he had that vision where he saw his own face in Vader's mask..

Say it aint so Luke!!!!! :damn:

Am i trippin brehs? :lupe:

Yes

In ROTJ he didn't give in to the dark side, and straight up told the Emperor "I'm a Jedi" :umad:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

i must say that is quite the story :wow:

quite the story that 90% of the viewing audience will never know and therefore they will never view finn as any of the qualities other than those they see shown on the movie screen :wow: aka a guy that is comedic relief, currently 0/2 in physical confrontation, and currently in a coma. but he delivered the plans though :smile:

literally just one or two of those plot points in the movie and it would have expanded upon his (and phasma's) character immensely but i guess JJ preferred to use that movie time on nostalgia call backs and moments of comedic relief from finn :smile:

i didnt see the tag because i ignored/am continuing to ignore the thread cause i got tired of hearing yall whine

CHL

Superstar
Daps

quite the story that 90% of the viewing audience will never know and therefore they will never view finn as any of the qualities other than those they see shown on the movie screen :wow: aka a guy that is comedic relief, currently 0/2 in physical confrontation, and currently in a coma. but he delivered the plans though :smile:

literally just one or two of those plot points in the movie and it would have expanded upon his (and phasma's) character immensely but i guess JJ preferred to use that movie time on nostalgia call backs and moments of comedic relief from finn :smile:

i didnt see the tag because i ignored/am continuing to ignore the thread cause i got tired of hearing yall whine

Setting aside the disagreement over his portrayal in VII who says Finn's backstory won't be covered more in Episode 8?

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

I was reading about Finn here also , pretty cool reading and hearing about some of these new charterer backgrounds
Finn
link /\

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Setting aside the disagreement over his portrayal in VII who says Finn's backstory won't be covered more in Episode 8?

rian already has alot to explain and delve into when it comes to snoke, luke, rey's training, kylos training, the conflict between the rebellion and first order, etc. and finn is currently in a coma. i guess maybe while he is unconscious he can have a dream state but for the most part i expect them to be moving ahead. i have no expectations or excitement for his character other than hopefully he is conscious by the time the first act is over.

plus we have the novels so there really is no point to delve further into his backstory right :dame:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
rian already has alot to explain and delve into when it comes to snoke, luke, rey's training, kylos training, the conflict between the rebellion and first order, etc. and finn is currently in a coma. i guess maybe while he is unconscious he can have a dream state but for the most part i expect them to be moving ahead. i have no expectations or excitement for his character other than hopefully he is conscious by the time the first act is over.

plus we have the novels so there really is no point to delve further into his backstory right :dame:
If he's out for an extended period of time why would John Boyega say "We’re just starting work on ‘Star Wars VIII,’ the next film, so I’m back to keeping secrets again. It’s great. Much darker, but we’re very excited… My part in the next film will be much more physical so I might be in the gym a bit more.”?:jbhmm:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If he's out for an extended period of time why would John Boyega say "We’re just starting work on ‘Star Wars VIII,’ the next film, so I’m back to keeping secrets again. It’s great. Much darker, but we’re very excited… My part in the next film will be much more physical so I might be in the gym a bit more.”?:jbhmm:
he had instagram videos of him working out and his role in ep 7 consisted of getting his ass whopped, minimal light saber work, running in a desert, and waiting for rey to position to ship right so he could shoot down tie fighters

sorry if im not jumping off the walls at the normal PR talk to hype up the next movie, i'll wait to see what happens

CHL

Superstar
Daps
he had instagram videos of him working out and his role in ep 7 consisted of getting his ass whopped, minimal light saber work, running in a desert, and waiting for rey to position to ship right so he could shoot down tie fighters

sorry if im not jumping off the walls at the normal PR talk to hype up the next movie, i'll wait to see what happens
If he's out for an extended period of time unconscious why would John Boyega say "We’re just starting work on ‘Star Wars VIII,’ the next film, so I’m back to keeping secrets again. It’s great. Much darker, but we’re very excited… My part in the next film will be much more physical so I might be in the gym a bit more.”?:jbhmm:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If he's out for an extended period of time unconscious why would John Boyega say "We’re just starting work on ‘Star Wars VIII,’ the next film, so I’m back to keeping secrets again. It’s great. Much darker, but we’re very excited… My part in the next film will be much more physical so I might be in the gym a bit more.”?:jbhmm:
i dont know. why would they have images of him wielding the lightsaber like a jedi and it turn out he is just a weed carrier for rey. again i'll wait for it to come out. as of now he is unconscious after getting his ass whooped, i'll wait to see what happens. you'll continue to cape, im not bout to argue with you for posts about this and all the other stuff you left unanswered from previous posts. the thread is yours, again

CHL

Superstar
Daps
i dont know. why would they have images of him wielding the lightsaber like a jedi and it turn out he is just a weed carrier for rey. again i'll wait for it to come out. as of now he is unconscious after getting his ass whooped, i'll wait to see what happens. you'll continue to cape, im not bout to argue with you for posts about this and all the other stuff you left unanswered from previous posts. the thread is yours, again
It's been answered many times before, I just thought it best not to start that up again :beli:

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
2.5/5

As pathetic as Finn was, I felt he was a far better character than Rey. I don't think these people know how to make truly compelling female characters. All they did was move the dial to the other extreme. Don't like the damsel in distress? Let's create a Mary Sue.
Daisy Ridley's awful performance didn't help either.

Overall it's a very average film that went out of it's way to be as inoffensive as possible, hitting all the right notes. Maybe that's great for fans of the franchise but I found myself bored throughout.

With the exception of Kylo Ren, the characters come off like cardboard cut outs. I know it's stupid to ask for character depth in something like SW but when it failed to bring spectacle, other flaws become apparent. I wanted something to latch onto but I can't think of anything this film does well.

See, the prequels were bad but I've always felt that they were a competent director away from being good. I admire Lucas for his ambition and guts to try something different. Sure he failed to bring his lofty ideas to fruition but the ideas were there. In different hands who knows......

I can't say the same TFA. It's just a really pedestrian script. Can't see anything that could have done to make it better.

Last edited:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
2.5/5

As pathetic as Finn was, I felt he was a far better character than Rey. I don't think these people know how to make truly compelling female characters. All they did was move the dial to the other extreme. Don't like the damsel in distress? Let's create a Mary Sue.
Daisy Ridley's awful performance didn't help either.

Overall it's a very average film that went out of it's way to be as inoffensive as possible, hitting all the right notes. Maybe that's great for fans of the franchise but I found myself bored throughout.

With the exception of Kylo Ren, the characters come off like cardboard cut outs. I know it's stupid to ask for character depth in something like SW but when it failed to bring spectacle, other flaws become apparent. I wanted something to latch onto but I can't think of anything this film does well.

See, the prequels were bad but I've always felt that they were a competent director away from being decent. I admire Lucas for his ambition and guts to try something different. Sure he failed to bring his lofty ideas to fruition but the ideas were there. In different hands who knows......

I can't say the same TFA. It's just a really pedestrian script. Can't see anything that could have done to make it better.
@Ziggiy would you agree?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right now I find Rey boring compared to Finn, but what would be dope is if Kylo kills Snoke and takes Rey as his apprentice. Feminist groups would probably go ape shyt though :stopitslime:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@2 Up 2 Down then in IX Luke has to duel Kylo and Finn (after being trained by Luke) has to either take out Rey or redeem her? :wtf: