Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If George just released the very original films most of the fans would stop being so mad at him :yeshrug:
:usure:
And I don't blame the fans

What has Lucas done for Star Wars movies since the OT?

Special Editions with a lot of unnecessary bullshyt

A shytty PT that undermines the OT

Blu Ray special editions with a lot of unnecessary bullshyt
It was his story, his films, from his money. Besides Han shooting second I don't mind the additions. He did try to make the world of the OT look more diverse and alive like the PT.
He expanded the universe with the PT which gave more material for the EU. Brought interest of Star Wars to a new generation that grew up seeing the PT in theatres.
And he brought us The Clone Wars :banderas:

I don't think Star Wars would be as poppin if Lucas just left it alone after ROTJ. Sure we wouldnt have these movies we having now.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
in retrospect the last scene with luke played out pretty well, kind of like the ending of TDKR with no words being said, plus lukes expression tells a million stories at once

If George just released the very original films most of the fans would stop being so mad at him :yeshrug:

if they would have just let han shoot first and didnt give darth vader a NOOO! at the end of jedi, i dont think fans would attack the special editions as much

:russ: @ han bobbing his neck like michael jackson to dodge the blaster shot

85805491_1303149773.gif

Last edited:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Besides Han shooting second I don't mind the additions.

Obi-Wan's ridiculous new dragon call

Han walking on Jabba's tail and calling him a wonderful human being
The entire entrance into Mos Eisley
This fukking shot
MosEisleyWalking.gif

Vader yelling "noooo" when he tosses the Emperor
The new CGI song number in ROTJ
The Anakin ghost is now Hayden Christensen, a person Luke has never seen before
And about 100 other things that didn't need to be changed (Luke screaming when he falls down the shaft, creepy blinking Ewoks, changing/omitting lines, R2 hiding behind rocks, Jabba's palace door being a mile wide, Sarlacc beak, etc. fukking etc.)

Which wouldn't be that big of a deal, except that for 30 years, the best way to watch the original movies would be VHS and LaserDisc.

"But Won Won, the originals were bonus discs with the Special Edition DVDs 10 years ago!"

nonanamorphic.jpg

Wow. Thanks for your scraps, George.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obi-Wan's ridiculous new dragon call

Han walking on Jabba's tail and calling him a wonderful human being
The entire entrance into Mos Eisley
This fukking shot
MosEisleyWalking.gif

Vader yelling "noooo" when he tosses the Emperor
The new CGI song number in ROTJ
The Anakin ghost is now Hayden Christensen, a person Luke has never seen before
And about 100 other things that didn't need to be changed (Luke screaming when he falls down the shaft, creepy blinking Ewoks, changing/omitting lines, R2 hiding behind rocks, Jabba's palace door being a mile wide, Sarlacc beak, etc. fukking etc.)

Which wouldn't be that big of a deal, except that for 30 years, the best way to watch the original movies would be VHS and LaserDisc.

"But Won Won, the originals were bonus discs with the Special Edition DVDs 10 years ago!"

nonanamorphic.jpg

Wow. Thanks for your scraps, George.

:yeshrug: Don't bother me.
The Han calling Jabba a human did stick out but I now just consider it an insult.
I forgot about the "NOOO" never cared for it.
Hayden showing up as a force ghost besides that's how he looked before becoming a Sith. I'm sure Luke can see that was his dad when he was younger.

You don't like the current canon versions of the OT and you don't like the PT. Why worry about them? Plenty of people that do fukk with them.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
:yeshrug: Don't bother me.
The Han calling Jabba a human did stick out but I now just consider it an insult.
I forgot about the "NOOO" never cared for it.
Hayden showing up as a force ghost besides that's how he looked before becoming a Sith. I'm sure Luke can see that was his dad when he was younger.

You don't like the current canon versions of the OT and you don't like the PT. Why worry about them? Plenty of people that do fukk with them.
thats what i always took it as, han being a smart ass. Plus lucas always meant for jabba to be in the original, puppeteering just wasnt as refined as it was today, if it wasnt for that, jabba would have looked like this

152.jpg

i think he was in a competition with kubrick as to who could make the first realistic live action puppet on screen, Kubrick's idea for AI was to have David Be performed by an Actuall robotic puppet.

I read somewhere that jabba was supposed to be in poor health by the time that jedi happened. Useless knoweldge i been wanting to know, did luke really save a bunch of slave girls from being delivered to jabba? thats why that one twilek bytch killed herself, because she didnt listen to luke and wanted to know what it would be like to be a palace dancer instead she became the fat slugs sex slave

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats what i always took it as, han being a smart ass. Plus lucas always meant for jabba to be in the original, puppeteering just wasnt as refined as it was today, if it wasnt for that, jabba would have looked like this

152.jpg

i think he was in a competition with kubrick as to who could make the first realist live action puppet on screen, Kubrick's idea for AI was to have David Be performed by an Actuall robotic puppet
Imagine if those two (Lucas and Kubrick) worked together on at least one of the Star Wars films :mindblown:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
plus wasnt this just reference and study for harrison ford going into the scene seeing as how he was going have to act with a puppet and not a real person, he needed a real actor around to bounce lines off of

jabbas already a big enough deal in the star wars verse, that even the empire are hesitant to make deals with him. So as said before i got no qualms with it being there

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

I'm explaining why fans don't like post 80s Lucas. Has nothing to do with "experimenting" or whatever excuse George is using

plus wasnt this just reference and study for harrison ford going into the scene seeing as how he was going have to act with a puppet and not a real person, he needed a real actor around to bounce lines off of

It wasn't reference, that's originally who Jabba was. It wasn't until years later that he became a space slug.

The Special Edition scene was an excuse to use some CGI and to throw some more Boba Fett in there. But the CGI Jabba was horrible, Han stepping on his tail looked awkward as hell, and the scene doesn't tell you anything that you didn't know from the Greedo scene. Just 1 of a 100 pointless changes

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga

jabbas already a big enough deal in the star wars verse, that even the empire are hesitant to make deals with him. So as said before i got no qualms with it being there

i recently saw A New Hope for the first time a few weeks ago and i knew nothing about the backstory to this and i thought it was such a trash looking scene and threw everything off...then i start reading about it and it all makes sense why it stuck out like a sore thumb on that movie