Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
"You go to make a movie and all you do is get criticized,” is how George explains why he stepped away from the world-famous franchise he created. “And it’s not much fun. You can’t experiment.”

That's not a quote from a guy who thinks he messed up
He did though :manny:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Midichlorians were like two lines in three movies, I never understood how that blew up so much. But i get your point.

Although I would say that how they used the force in Episode vii is not even consistent with the originals (at least not on Reys part).

Luke needed training, it wasnt all spiritual.

"Obi-Wan has taught you well, but you are not a Jedi yet"
"Obi-Wan is no longer around to train him"

Shyt they devoted half of Empire to a training montage.
Also, everyone who knew about midichlorians are long dead

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
But it was his execution. He had no checks and balances like in the OG trilogy with Kasden etc.
My point is while the execution was lacking the story was not bad and the world building was exceptional. The prequels arent some total failure imo. Episode 3 is one of my favorite star wars movies ever. Did he make some mistakes? Yeah:manny:. Were the prequels a huge fukk up that should never have existed? No i have to disagree. I think its disrespectful to even insinuate it. I think if you take the same movies and fix the dialogue in the scripts, keep basically everything else and you would have a solid trilogy. I feel like a lot of people were just made that "it wasnt star wars" :shaq2:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
IMG_0153.jpg

new comic series.. taking place after TPM and between ATOC

Kanan, ObiWan & Anakin

Also perhaps Vader and Lando (haven't read these two yet but they have been reviewed well)

Is this real
tumblr_mxng02iibj1qcm0m3o1_400.gif

thinking about getting these

should i stay away because they aren’t canon anymore?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My point is while the execution was lacking the story was not bad and the world building was exceptional. The prequels arent some total failure imo. Episode 3 is one of my favorite star wars movies ever. Did he make some mistakes? Yeah:manny:. Were the prequels a huge fukk up that should never have existed? No i have to disagree. I think its disrespectful to even insinuate it. I think if you take the same movies and fix the dialogue in the scripts, keep basically everything else and you would have a solid trilogy. I feel like a lot of people were just made that "it wasnt star wars" :shaq2:
This

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"You go to make a movie and all you do is get criticized,” is how George explains why he stepped away from the world-famous franchise he created. “And it’s not much fun. You can’t experiment.”

That's not a quote from a guy who thinks he messed up
I bet Lucas hates Star Wars fans. Don't blame him either:yeshrug:

Really interested on where he would've took Star Wars with 7-9.
Maybe he'll give the outline to an author and they can make a Legends novel(s) with it

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@Front 2 Back n/m I can see it on my phone, I'm not sure as the majority of Legends canon I read was novels. Only comic I read was Legacy (which I definitely recommend), set 130 years after ANH with the main character being a Skywalker.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Disagree. He fukked up big time. It wasn't just the dialogue that trash. A lot of parts didn't make sense. The casting of Anakin was horrible. Having Jedi fight so many droids just flat out looked lame in live action.

I'm not sure anyone says they should have not existed but it's pretty straightforward. In the OT he had other people working WITH him to make something great. With the prequels he was the king of the whole project and made something bad.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

And I don't blame the fans

What has Lucas done for Star Wars movies since the OT?

Special Editions with a lot of unnecessary bullshyt

A shytty PT that undermines the OT

Blu Ray special editions with a lot of unnecessary bullshyt

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

Really interested on where he would've took Star Wars with 7-9.
Maybe he'll give the outline to an author and they can make a Legends novel(s) with it
If George just released the very original films most of the fans would stop being so mad at him :yeshrug: