Reppin
Flint, Michigan
aaiKodR.gif

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
how he read into a movie like the force awakens like that and got 12 years a space slave in itself makes it sound ignorant

Again, if you actually watched the video & listened you'd understand instead of guessing & assuming

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
JJ is on some bullshyt with this one.

Jedi were always unique and elite, the force was never just open for everybody- that's why Vader sensed Luke, that's why the Emperor was so scared of Luke ("the son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi").

Also, "The force is strong in my family".

The idea that the force was selective came from the very first Star Wars movie, not midichlorians. "When shyt gets serious, you could harness the force" is some bullshyt and explains why Rey was doing what she was doing in Episode VII. In that sense he strayed further from the original movies than the prequels did.

According to the canon though EVERYONE has midi-chlorian count. Kinda like in the same way some people have more idk white blood cells or are more susceptible to cancer. Its alluded that Anakin is the artificial life that was created (by Darth Plagues) and basically made of purely the force. Thus the Skywalker gene is HEAVY in midi-chlorian count and strong in the force. Everyone in his line (Luke, Kylo, Rey?) would be a more than adept force-sensitive.

Some people even say Han and his "Smuggler's Luck" is an extension of the Force. He still didn't die from anything until he basically offers himself up to be killed.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
According to the canon though EVERYONE has midi-chlorian count. Kinda like in the same way some people have more idk white blood cells or are more susceptible to cancer. Its alluded that Anakin is the artificial life that was created (by Darth Plagues) and basically made of purely the force. Thus the Skywalker gene is HEAVY in midi-chlorian count and strong in the force. Everyone in his line (Luke, Kylo, Rey?) would be a more than adept force-sensitive.

Some people even say Han and his "Smuggler's Luck" is an extension of the Force. He still didn't die from anything until he basically offers himself up to be killed.

I would agree with this, and so do the movies. Qui-Gon specifically states lifw without midichlorians is not possible.

My beef is that JJ seems to have a beef with this as if it's a prequels idea. He wants the force to be easily accessible, like Rey dipping into it and learning mindtricks and fighting.

It's not though, not according to the OG movies.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
their was a deleted scene meant for qui gon at the end of sith where he appears as a force ghost, i have to go back and read why it wasnt kept in, i think because they couldnt get liam

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I would agree with this, and so do the movies. Qui-Gon specifically states lifw without midichlorians is not possible.

My beef is that JJ seems to have a beef with this as if it's a prequels idea. He wants the force to be easily accessible, like Rey dipping into it and learning mindtricks and fighting.

It's not though, not according to the OG movies.
But to be fair to JJ.. When everyone fell in love with star wars with the OG trilogy, The Force was supposed to be a religion that you could tap in to. Then in the prequels when Lucas had no checks and balances he went and fukked it all up:francis:. For anyone who's interested in how Lucas fukked so many things up with the prequels, please watch The People vs George Lucas.