Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
According to the canon though EVERYONE has midi-chlorian count. Kinda like in the same way some people have more idk white blood cells or are more susceptible to cancer. Its alluded that Anakin is the artificial life that was created (by Darth Plagues) and basically made of purely the force. Thus the Skywalker gene is HEAVY in midi-chlorian count and strong in the force. Everyone in his line (Luke, Kylo, Rey?) would be a more than adept force-sensitive.

Some people even say Han and his "Smuggler's Luck" is an extension of the Force. He still didn't die from anything until he basically offers himself up to be killed.

I'm not sure if you saw my post about midichlorian count, but I equate it to the intelligence quotient.
After thinking about it, I didn't think the midichlorian count was bullshyt at all. If they believe that the Force is in all living things, everyone has some potential to be a Jedi. They would need a way to test to see who is highly Force sensitive, worthy of training. They aren't gonna reveal their secrets to everyone. This means there would need to be some sort of scale to measure it. I compare it to an IQ test to check for geniuses. But by the time of the OT, there was only Obi Wan and Yoda left, so these mofos were only banking on Luke the whole time. Obi Wan probably tested him and Leia and Luke's was the highest of the 2.

But to be fair to JJ.. When everyone fell in love with star wars with the OG trilogy, The Force was supposed to be a religion that you could tap in to. Then in the prequels when Lucas had no checks and balances he went and fukked it all up:francis:. For anyone who's interested in how Lucas fukked so many things up with the prequels, please watch The People vs George Lucas.

I think that it's not The Force that's a religion, but instead the Jedi code. This is what they practice. If The Force was a religion, anyone that studies would have powers. Grievous didn't have the Force and he was trained in the Jedi arts. And I'm sure that there are/were 1000s of people/lifeforms that were Force-sensitive without becoming Jedi.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
xGOh3Gd.jpg

TkYVYTu.jpg

CX1yqIrW8AIkYy3.jpg:large

CX1vHmjWAAIHCTy.jpg:large

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Just saw it yesterday and it's meh to me. It's a good action flick with nice cameos (from the older movies) but all in all it's disappointing. Flick is still better than first 2 prequels (which are horrendous so it's not like it's surprising) but it's still below the 3 OG ones.

The biggest disappointment for me is Kylo Ren : he's just a suburbian teen with anger issues (and lol at him fukkin things up with his lightsaber when he hulk up) but more importantly, he's just hollow compared to Vador. Vador only had his mother which he left early and witnessed her die. He was born into slavery but was highly skilled so he thrived for recognition which he couldn't have with the Jedis so the reason to pass to the dark side was (a little at least) legit. I don't how Ren switched to the dark side but I can't see no legit reason why he did.
But the real reason he's a disappointment is that he should never have removed his mask. It was the essential part of his character and once he removed it, all the mystic was gone. I couldn't help but :snoop: because it was only halfway through the flick and the villain was already uninteresting to me.

Also, Finn most likely has some force with him (thus why he can make Luke's lightsaber work). He may be a descendant of Mace Windu somehow.

And the scene at the end was so garbage.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure if you saw my post about midichlorian count, but I equate it to the intelligence quotient.

I think that it's not The Force that's a religion, but instead the Jedi code. This is what they practice. If The Force was a religion, anyone that studies would have powers. Grievous didn't have the Force and he was trained in the Jedi arts. And I'm sure that there are/were 1000s of people/lifeforms that were Force-sensitive without becoming Jedi.
Agreed. But in a New Hope I think fans were interpreting that it was a religion

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Explain what you agree about , I remember at the time when it dropped I disagreed but don't remember it

Only thing I didnt like is how he was still asleep at the end while Rey went off to find Luke solo. Other than that I didnt see it. Tried to look at it objectively instead of going in with an agenda like Tariq did :yeshrug:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the fact that rian johnson is doing the next star wars is the only thing that might bring me back. but ima let people i trust see it first and see if its worth my while. jj abrams is clearly a good solid manager type director. but very little innovation. he did his job. re established star wars as something everyone wants to see, as bland as it was. rian johnson has 2 interesting films behind him, and as long as disney corp. dont suffocate his vision, things might look up .