Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
question, how big do you think the first order really is. obviously they don't hold weight like the empire, and their starbase was just destroyed.

did we witness the end of the first order? like are they still gonna be around come episode 8? and in what capacity?

They evacuated the base so they'll be back in 8 no doubt.

Daps
tumblr_o02r9cnd6p1u2fnswo1_1280.jpg

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
question, how big do you think the first order really is. obviously they don't hold weight like the empire, and their starbase was just destroyed.

did we witness the end of the first order? like are they still gonna be around come episode 8? and in what capacity?
Well they had way more troops than the resistance seemed to have with the republic destroyed so I doubt it

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I know it's funny to laugh at that gif of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan but you have to remember that Jedi usually only use their lightsabers for defense or to stop an opponent. Sith use their lightsabers more aggressively and offensively. If either one of them stopped or bluffed in their rotations with their lightsabers, they would have been cut in half because that would have been the response to an attack with the saber. Remember Lucas borrowed from different sword styles IRL in order to flesh out lightsaber battles. What Anakin and Obi-Wan were doing were "flower circles". With actual swords you could use it to stop arrows or parry an opponents attack using the speed and momentum one would gather from the rotations. Luke was never a polished saber user in the movies because he didn't have enough time to master lightsaber fighting or learn the many subtleties of them. Likewise, Vader's saber skills were diminished greatly because of the cybernetics that Palpatine put in him to keep him alive, but were still more than enough to toy with what was the equivalent of a Padawan in Luke. Kylo was taught by Luke but never completed his training. That's why Rey was able to beat him, because she was very powerful in the force AND using Lukes old saber. Kylo was giving in to the darkside but he's not even a full Sith so all in all that was a pretty fair fight and once again highlights how the darkside while powerful, can cloud your judgement and lead to ruin....

it wasnt just that part of the fight. The whole lightsaber fight between Obi Wand and Anakin was just like that. Like someone said earlier, the whole fight look a dance performance. Honestly I know that this is not a very popular opinion, but that was the worst lightsaber fight in all the movies, original included.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
it wasnt just that part of the fight. The whole lightsaber fight between Obi Wand and Anakin was just like that. Like someone said earlier, the whole fight look a dance performance. Honestly I know that this is not a very popular opinion, but that was the worst lightsaber fight in all the movies, original included.
The fight between Vader and Obi Wan in ANH is pretty ass. People just never want to criticize anything from the originals but go back and watch it......it's literally the worst lightsaber fight of the whole franchise

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The fight between Vader and Obi Wan in ANH is pretty ass. People just never want to criticize anything from the originals but go back and watch it......it's literally the worst lightsaber fight of the whole franchise

i would still put it above all the prequel fights, and even the TFA fight. more at stake, more tension, plus there's more happening beneath the surface than just a physical fight.

i admit it lacks the dazzling fight choreography we expect from modern day blockbusters but they weren't thinking about that in 1977 and i bet you nobody cared. plus it's still looks pretty cool, like they put their whole bodies into the fight. it's so raw, like they're grappling with each other almost.

plus the whole fight you both guys just exchanging classic bars left and right :whew:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There's a ton of Rey/Ren theories around but I want to see more on Finn. I think people are underestimating his importance going forward. Someone on reddit mentioned how when Snoke asked Kylo if he felt the awakening it was shortly after Finn defected and well before Rey came into play. That would explain Kylo staring down and recognizing the presence of a lowly foot soldier. He felt Finn awakening. He immediately knew it was FN-2187 who helped Poe escape. There might be some misdirection going on that would also make true all of the "Finn as Jedi" talk we got from the trailers. I'm not buying that he's just the new Han.

I could see the First Order to putting a bounty on his head.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lmao true but didnt they say he started the force ghost shyt? Plus he taught all the OGs the skill so maybe Mace come back and scream "wake the fukk n*gga u the last black jedi now"Fukkin Lucas.

One thing i liked about kylo was the physics of his light saber. It didnt seem like fakkets twirlin batons but a heavy ass weapon like Excalibur. When he swung that shyt u could here the woosh of the wind
Man if he said this word for word :dead:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Maybe she's related to Obi-Wan and not them :ld:

this is a popular theory actually

i would still put it above all the prequel fights, and even the TFA fight. more at stake, more tension, plus there's more happening beneath the surface than just a physical fight.

i admit it lacks the dazzling fight choreography we expect from modern day blockbusters but they weren't thinking about that in 1977 and i bet you nobody cared. plus it's still looks pretty cool, like they put their whole bodies into the fight. it's so raw, like they're grappling with each other almost.

plus the whole fight you both guys just exchanging classic bars left and right :whew:

The fight itself is pretty wack :francis:

The dialogue and the way it is presented was nice though. :ehh:

The lightsaber duel in ESB is easily the best lightsaber battle in the series though.

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Finn was born to be a soldier, he knows nothing else which made his behavior strange at times. He broke free from the empirical mind washing on his own when he was first thrown into combat, that takes alot of heart, seeing as how the storm troopers and kylo were calling him a traitor in sheer disgust. It explains how he wasn't scared of going back to the orders base, with his training he was able to push himself harder like a marine. halfway in he's finally fighting for a cause he truly believes in, but yeah going back to how he broke free of the brainwashing through righteous thought and action was remarkable. He wasn't freed by anyone but himself to question the system and do what he felt was right. That's why Finns my favorite character

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Light sabers were originally meant to be heavy to hold in ANH, this brings me back to ren and how he's just pretending to be an all powerful sith. The way he wields his saber and the way the light saber looks itself is very primitive (medieval) like he just half assed a light saber because he had no clear idea of how to build a proper one. It looks unstable with its fiery outline like its going to explode. Whereas everyone else's looks lighter and more precise like something you'd see jet Li wield. His fighting style is primitive because I remember the scene in kingdom of heaven where balian is learning how to fight and his father a knight shows him how the blade isn't the only part of a sword that can be Lethal.