Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@Box Cutta Plageuis was only mentioned once in the prequels though and anyway they can't just ignore the existence and implications of an entire trilogy

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Snoke should be an entirely new character. Leave that prequel baggage behind

Plagueis is a badass fukking sith.... :ufdup: imagine a sith lord that can cheat death?!!? can influence life???:whoo: luke would have his fukking hands full:sadcam: also might I add it was plagueis who created anakin skywalker in the first place...:francis: (my theory)

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Put me in the Snoke ISN'T Plagueis camp....:manny:

They won't make a prequel character/issue that prominent in this trilogy if they don't have to.

Also, they've said time and time again that Snoke isn't a SITH.

But this isn't an average ass universe breh. This is fukking STAR WARS. It's about knights, and smugglers, and bounty hunters, and royalty, and religious power, and treachery, and romance, etc etc etc.

So they finally introduce a BLACK character, and all of a sudden it's "oh, well, Finn is just your average Joe trying to get by...:troll:" ?

Its been established that breh was just a stormtrooper a long time ago:martin:

Actually for what he was, dude did alot of shyt in this movie to be honest

Went from stormtrooper to shooting a fair one with a force user

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Plagueis is a badass fukking sith.... :ufdup: imagine a sith lord that can cheat death?!!? can influence life???:whoo: luke would have his fukking hands full:sadcam: also might I add it was plagueis who created anakin skywalker in the first place...:francis: (my theory)
Nah I'm not sayin he's a weak character, I'm sayin people are already complaining about how much the movie reused elements from the others.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Finn a "black character" or a character played by a black actor? We're poking fun because you can turn anything into a subliminal racist message regardless of the film. If Finn was played by a white actor his story would be exactly the same and you all would not be analyzing every single little moment to see if it was racist. We're not saying there has never been racist black characters written.
possibly the dumbest shyt i ever read on the coli. congratulations. :salute:and merry christmas,

CHL

Superstar
Daps
It's star wars bruh... :heh: I always wanted to see the older sith lords in all their glory... plagueis the wise was no fukking joke... :sadcam:
Also the Jedi and Sith each need an origin trilogy at some point in the next few decades :noah:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sad that some you guys can't see the big picture on Finns character portrayal vs all the other characters. I know this board has people of other races and ethnic backgrounds who like to pretend to be black so they can get avoid scrutiny for their opinion on racial issues who always try to get racially charged conversations deaded and deleted when they get uncomfortable for them and then we have the really black posters who "don't see it" or "it isn't that serious" or "it's just a movie". If you're the latter then i hate to tell you that it is that serious. Hollywood has been doing this for over 100 years. Rooms of white people writing how minorities should be portrayed and these images then go world wide and that's how they view us.it

The truth is Finn could've been played by any minority or a alien even because at the end of the movie he had no victories and stole no thunder from the real lead characters Han Solo(white male) and Rey(white woman). His lack of skills was used to highlight and amplify how much skill those two had. Rey beats him soundly the first time they meet,somehow speaks wookie,speaks droid,can pilot ships in contrast to....Finn who can't do any of those things but is supposed to be her partner and co-lead but she's carrying him.Crisis adverted the white female is leading the black male "co-lead" and not the other way around. Then they meet Han Solo and Finn goes from supposed co-lead to 3rd/4th string just along for the ride because of his lusting for the white woman who is treating him like he's an asexual droid. She wants nothing to do with him romantically and he gets ready to leave. He watches the people he's running from destroy a galaxy but doesn't come back cause it's the right thing to do. He comes back because of her. He gets a lightsaber, the moment people have been waiting for...so he can hand it off to white female lead and gets a lucky kill then soundly gets beat by his first real competition while white male bails him out and pulls off best move in fight scene.Crisis averted white male still looks more capable than the black male co-lead and black male "co-lead" is not the going have the chosen ones thunder. Black male "co-lead" comes up with plan to rescue white female lead,white male lead commandeers plan because it's not really a good plan, then takes charge and white female lead rescued herself. Crisis averted, black male has not stolen thunder from white male or female lead. White male lead dies and enter new white lead with the same attributes as old white lead. Black male "co-lead" is still jobber status. Enter final fight part 1, new white male lead is set up to be great thanks to the plan of old white male lead, what's going on in final fight part 2 you say? White female lead is down and only person around is black male "co-lead" so the outcome of the movie is now on his shoulders. Black male "co-lead" is putting up a fight and thunder is slowly draining from white female lead and this movie is going to end with him taking back his original co-lead title. Nope, he's knock out cold along with the white female le...nope she got knocked unconscious into a pile of smelling salt snow and is back up and ready to save the day. We all sit and watch the thunder jump back to the white female lead except for the the black male "co-lead" who probably is having a nice dream where he has thunder like one of the white leads but we know that will never happen because in Hollywood if the black guy saves the day then the villain won and we can't have that. We can't have a black man saving the white damsel in distress. Think about the children.

Believe all of these thing aren't calculated if you want to. Just remember to bump this thread and give the few guys who see it their props when Finn doesn't end up with the white girl who he was doing all of this for and gets treated like a kid brother by the white man who gave him a cool nickname that goes on to take his love interest by being bold and dashing while Finn looks on applauding them. We've seen this happen before just never in a galaxy far far away
Man stfu you fake militants kill me . You completely ignore the movie ( and Star Wars universe ) to pick and choose what fits your point

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
@Box Cutta Plageuis was only mentioned once in the prequels though and anyway they can't just ignore the existence and implications of an entire trilogy
You'd be surprised.

Sheeeiiit...LF will barely even say the word "prequel"....:laugh:

And the fact that he was only mentioned once works both ways. On one hand, yeah, he doesn't have a SUPER strong prequel association (The same way, say, Padma might), on the other hand, outside of online circles/hardcores, nobody even knows who that is. He wouldn't be some major reveal to mainstream audiences, but you would still have to explain a bunch of shyt regarding him and Palpatine.

They are better off just using Snoke as some old, mysterious power. He actually needs less explanation that way.

Is she gonna identify as transspecies now :mjlol:

SCUST @ Maz being an alien-wench.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Man stfu you fake militants kill me . You completely ignore the movie ( and Star Wars universe ) to pick and choose what fits your point
You can tell who's a Star Wars fan and for whatever reason has issues with the characterization of Finn and has legitmate points (e.g @wire28 ), and then who came in here as a Tariq Nasheed stan not knowing anything about Star Wars :mjlol: