Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That official thread is getting ran over with spoilers. Didn't see a spoiler thread so I figured it's best to create one now. No need to tag spoilers in here.

Last night I thought Rey captured the Force too quickly (still do in a way), but the more I think about it, the more I realize we know essentially NOTHING about her backstory. That'll be explained in the next one so it'll be interesting what training she may have gotten before. There's a reason she's carrying that staff around too :patrice:

She could already have been trained and just forgot it. :jbhmm:

I think rey is luke's kid, we'll find out next movie....think either luke didn't know about her or he knew about her, and was worried she would want to be like vader cause of him, so he was trying to protect her by dropping her off...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Snoke's going to be a background villain ala Sidious/Emperor he will not be doing the fighting, it will be Kylo who will have the same role as Vader and Dooku. Dooku was 1-0 up after Clones and was shown to be able to hold Yoda. Vader was 1-0 after a New Hope and then 2-0 after Empire. Kylo's 0-1 with a KO, it's over for that character. Got beat and washed by a rook, so damn stupid:mjlol:. Would have worked for a one and done like Maul, but that's not going to be the case with Kylo.
What if Rey turns evil

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
my 2 posts from the other thread.

YESSIR. You have the same beef as me. Fin was like i said, space django, except in this case he didnt even come into his own at the end. still getting his ass whooped by cacs.. that shyt dissapointed the hell outta me. this was my most anticipated movie of the year bar none. and i was ready to leave halfway through cause that dude was either a happy negro early on, over doing the whooping and hollering, and absolutely useless in the rest of the film. and that white girl constantly saving his ass and telling him how to do shyt shyt, man, i was disgusted. if i see yet another "oooh look, the girl is so independent and is saving shyt and a natural leader” i was finna scream. how the fuk was she telling han solo about his own damn spaceship and how to operate it. ridicolous. man, like you said, just stop putting black men in film if this is how you gonna be treating us.

anyway some positives, oscar issac killed his role. great actor. harrison ford was dope. i even felt some emotion for bb8. and adm driver was good as well. as well as dominic gleeson. those 4 i was happy with. wasnt even happy with lupita. yet another wise black woman trope helping cacs to find themselves ( even though she looks like an alien)

and

spoiler, ahead, u been warned:

smh. this film was trash. surprised at how much i didnt like it. wasnt bad wasnt good either. they did my man john boyega wrong. had him looking like space django, not knowing how to do shyt. everyone else having to rescue his ass. did he even do anything of merit other than be scared and hopeless. not his fault, its jj abrams fault. as for the chick. thats what happens when feminist culture takes over everything. shyt was star wars for females. nothing agaist that but was not my cupof tea. chick knew everything, was correcting everyone, whooping the bad guys, flying space ships, whoping the bad guy after tha bad guy gave boyega that ass whooping . smh. they emasculated my nikka john boyega. wont be seeing the next 2 since its clear what the agenda is.

Your post sums the exact reason I knew early on I wasn't going to see that nonsense. I put two and two together watching the trailers and started getting :patrice: After reading the spoilers it was all :russell: from there. Driving Miss Daisy nonsense.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm disappointed they tricked my ass in regards to Finn.

They obviously marketed him with the lightsaber so that we would go into the theater expecting to see the first Disney movie with a black hero.

Instead, we get the first Star Wars movie with a white female hero, the 1,000,000,000th Disney movie with a white female hero.

I'm hurt. They could have at least given him something, like Han in the OT.

Han had the Millenium Falcon, he had Chewie, he had Leia's love, and he had swagger. He was a deuteragonist in the OT, but Luke didn't overshadow him at every turn.

With the ST on the other hand, Rey is a genius-level mechanic, a better pilot than Han on her first try, a stronger jedi than Luke on her first try, and is a better fighter than Finn armed with nothing more than a stick.

Finn, on the other hand, is a character whose strongest impression on the audience is that he makes them laugh. Not exactly a pioneering role for a black character. In the end, he is left with nothing to do but lapse into a coma. At least Han saved Luke's life in the OT, first when they were destroying the Death Star in ANH, then on Hoth in ESB. Finn's failed attempts to save Rey are actually played as a running joke in TFA. Like 'ha, ha, joke's on you, Rey is too awesome to need saving by the likes of you'. That shyt is so annoying, and does nothing to endear me to her character.

At this point, I don't even want to reward Disney's deceptive marketing by paying to see the next movie. And I feel like it's going to be even worse than this one for Finn, a Peeta/Katniss situation where he pines hopelessly after the jedi girl while she treats him like a beloved pet.

I'm a woman btw so don't accuse me of being sexist for not liking Mary Sues.

:wow:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna happen. She's the main hero of this series and "perfect" for a reason.

I'm not sure if I'm on the same page with you, but her being "perfect" makes sense in a time when Title IX is being enforced in a ridiculous manner, rape accusations mean guilty, you're a misogynist if you don't subscribe to 3rd wave feminism, rape culture on college campuses, microaggressions, safe spaces, feminist coloring books, over usage of the word "badass" in relation to white geek women, 3 Cactresses & a Stereotypical Jemima that is the pending Ghostbusters reboot, and now this Finn character playing a butler role to some flimsy white chick, etc.. This is all happening as a backdrop to a pending Clinton administration. That's just what it is IMO.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I think rey is luke's kid, we'll find out next movie....think either luke didn't know about her or he knew about her, and was worried she would want to be like vader cause of him, so he was trying to protect her by dropping her off...

When did Luke father a child ? Was he fukkn someone during ROTJ credits in the ewok tree house I missed...

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea.. but we didnt know Luke and Leia were siblings until the 3rd film... Shyt.. in ANH Luke had a crush on Leia and was salty she liked Han..

The only reason I dont think Rey is Luke's daughter is because Han/Leia was the only relationship back then... Luke was a virgin... and with the way Luke was in ROTJ and his "exile" .. I just feel Rey is not his...

Deep down I hope Rey joins Kyle .. and Luke has to kill them both in ep9 only for leia to step in

Now that would be dope. But I know Disney hoe ass would not touch this.

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
read some of the thread, gonna post my thoughts then read the rest:

- this movie was good as shyt...yea, it's basically a new hope retold, but who gives a shyt....that's what these 3 movies were gonna be anyway: an up to date re-telling of esp 4-6, with a few new things mixed in (just like the books)...if you thought anything else, you were trippin....anyway, jj did a hell of a job giving the fans treats here and there, while mixing the old with the new...

- lol at the people calling finn a side kick...yea, he bout as much a side kick as han was....as much as the story talked about rey, kylo, the force, rebels/republic, finn was the main character the story revolved around....and I think it will stay like that for the other 2 films...we have the dark side being lead by kylo, the light side being lead by rey, and finn is gonna be the lynch pin to it all....also, think the title of the film references him just as much as it does rey...he has some force in him too....

- like what they did with kylo...they didn't make him all powerful yet...you could tell he's still new to the dark side for the most part, with how he was mostly about power and emotions....anytime he got mad, some furniture got moved by a lightsaber lol.....think in the next movie, to finish his training, he gonna kill snoke...and phasma will be his #2...

- speaking of capt phasma, she was the only thing disappointing in the film to me...they hyped her up and she looks cool as hell, but they didn't let her do shyt but get kidnapped....hopefully in the next movie, she does things....think she will cause she will take ole boy's place that was talking shyt to kylo....it'll be a changing of the guard: kylo will replace snoke, she'll replace ole boy...

- I like rey as a character....they drew us in about her and have us wanting to know more about her now...it's obvious she's luke's kid though...the force was so strong naturally with her, like vader and luke...her being stronger than kylo is like luke being stronger than leia....and yea, obvious finn/rey gonna get together by the end of this trilogy...which would be cool...

- han going out like that hurt...hell of a scene, even though you could sense it coming...like someone else said: would've loved if kylo would've referred to him as 'father' before killing him...to help illustrate even more the importance of kylo having to do that to be fully on the dark side....

...was such a good, fun movie...cant wait for the next 2...

Last edited: