Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I'm very concerned about what Marvel does with BP. After SW, it seems like we were all foolish to believe that Disney would actually place a prominent, respectable black character at the forefront of one of their movies. At this point...I can almost *guarantee* that BP will have *some* major caveat. It might be subtle, it might be hand-waved, it might not be apparent to those that only skim through movies...but it'll be there. There will be *something* that takes away from either his character or his kingdom.
These same guys gonna swoop in and be like wait til the next movie :mjlol:

They can't find no fault with Finn character cause they want to ignore it.

There were some in here still denying that he's a trash man when he explicitly stated it and his occupation was even used to tie in another nostalgia joke about the trash compactor. At this point they being intentionally obtuse.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
He didn't singlehandily save the galaxy and become a Jedi while wearing a Black Power shirt :mjlol:

:heh: Like that would happen in the first movie alone?!?!

I think Finn will be tied into the whole jedi thing but they're keeping it a secret of sorts I mean even if he's force sensitive or not you gotta admit he came up against a sith apprentice and lived (barely) :mjlol:

So much hate...

So what he worked Sanitation as a stormtrooper.... :heh:

I think his motivations and resentments for abandoning the first order is more solid than shown in the movie, he was stolen from his family, trained and "Indoctrinated" to kill... I would be vengeful after that.

Plus his mind resisted "conditioning" Maybe he's force adept and doesnt know it?!?:ld: and even if he isnt he's gonna be a great character to have, he's not worse than jar jar binks or insufferable like young anakin. :pachaha: let the breh cook...

You know the jedi shyt is coming..:jawalrus:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
^
People thought he'd carry himself like a legit hero. He didn't need to save shyt.

Moses in Attack the Block > Finn in SW: Force Awakens

Moses would be afraid and run as well, etc. But you always felt he had leadership qualities and confident.

This guy...

A good funny sidekick in the movie :manny:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
^
People thought he'd carry himself like a legit hero. He didn't need to save shyt.

Moses in Attack the Block > Finn in SW: Force Awakens

Moses would be afraid and run as well, etc. But you always felt he had leadership qualities and confident.

This guy...

A good funny sidekick in the movie :manny:

In attack the block tho... everyone knows moses was the leader, he did what a leader does...

Finn is more like the unreluctant hero... :mjlol: He's the guy who was competent but still afraid as shyt, that knows that the first order are evil so he ran and in the end chose to fight...

I mean he KNEW he had no chance against Ren and still fought, Real talk would you have pissed your pants seeing kylo ren coming at you with that lightsaber??? :mjlol: I would have been like...:whoa:

maybe i could surrender i dont need to loose and arm breh...

:troll::mjlol:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
In attack the block tho... everyone knows moses was the leader, he did what a leader does...

Finn is more like the unreluctant hero... :mjlol: He's the guy who was competent but still afraid as shyt, that knows that the first order are evil so he ran and in the end chose to fight...

I mean he KNEW he had no chance against Ren and still fought, Real talk would you have pissed your pants seeing kylo ren coming at you with that lightsaber??? :mjlol: I would have been like...:whoa:

maybe i could surrender i dont need to loose and arm breh...

:troll::mjlol:

You could say the same about Moses as well. He wasn't about helping mofo's he didn't know for real. It was him and his crew surviving the night. His character arc felt meaningful in that movie.

His heroic moment at the end felt much more satisfying and earned.

It's like I said before. If Finn was a really battle tested Storm Trooper that flipped it adds more to his character.

Finn felt like a sacrificial lamb in order for Rey to step up in her leadership/hero moment :manny:

I'll put it to you like this. Finn was Debbie stepping to Deebo and it led Craig to finally be the one to beat him up

@I AM WARHOL @Groot @Ziggiy @Mike Otherz :pachaha:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Well I wouldn't say she helped no one but damn sure didn't help more people than Finn. Which is why he was the star of the film and drove the plot forward.

And for all of this he gets called the C-3po on the coli:francis:
Who did she help? I can't think of anyone.

She told the robot where he could get some help and uh I think she may have saved finn once? Maybe.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I dont think that's it but damn there's alot of hate tearing his character down... :pachaha: his character arc is not even over really...

Its not over for Finn. Rian and the next movies can save him (again :troll:)

j/k

I think he can be a great character in the next movies if handled right. . He just was meh in this movie. So brehs are going to call it what it is. :yeshrug:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
:martin: We gnna act like that boy Finn didn't slice that boy Ren up tho(i think he hit his shoulder). Finn's no jedi training,Sanititaion worker ass weakened that boy some more.

If you think about Chewie and Finn knocked Ren's HP down like halfway anyway. Rey was fighting a wounded man.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I dont think that's it but damn there's alot of hate tearing his character down... :pachaha: his character arc is not even over really...

The arc may no be over (that we know of) but there's a bunch of stuff to criticize about his portrayal. Nothing wrong with pointing it out. We aren't "militants" for that.

And rather the producers hear the complaints now and fix it, than not say a word and the producers think it's all good.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The arc may no be over (that we know of) but there's a bunch of stuff to criticize about his portrayal. Nothing wrong with pointing it out. We aren't "militants" for that.

And rather the producers hear the complaints now and fix it, than not say a word and the producers think it's all good.

They've already finished writing the episode 8 script tho.... :pachaha: but i get you... if the fans scream vocal enough it may shift things...