Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I know that was a thing in the originals, my question is more, how can that happen when we now know they were all over the place only like 30 years before then

I answeed this in another thread but look at it this way.. 40 years is 2 generations...using our times as an example its like this ...
( current generation) I'm 42... I know about the twin towers.. seen them .. been there... etc...
( 1 generation ) my 14 yr old daughter... heard of twin towers on the news once every year.. only seen pictures if watching old movies...
(2nd generation) my grand kids.. might not even know what the twin towers are...

Shyt.. in 2041 will we even still be having twin tower moments of silence.. i doubt it cause they slowly cutting back on ceremonies.. and we not even half way there

Its 2015... How often to we speak on Pearl Harbor, Vietnam, shyt Dessert Storm..... Just that quick something can be forgotten and thats just on this planet.. imagine shyt happening in an entire star system .. what happens on 1 planet doesnt make it out to other planets .. and BOOM ... in 40 years .. shyt can become legend very quickly

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I answeed this in another thread but look at it this way.. 40 years is 2 generations...using our times as an example its like this ...
( current generation) I'm 42... I know about the twin towers.. seen them .. been there... etc...
( 1 generation ) my 14 yr old daughter... heard of twin towers on the news once every year.. only seen pictures if watching old movies...
(2nd generation) my grand kids.. might not even know what the twin towers are...

Its 2015... How often to we speak on Pearl Harbor, Vietnam, shyt Dessert Storm..... Just that quick something can be forgotten and thats just on this planet.. imagine shyt happening in an entire star system .. what happens on 1 planet doesnt make it out to other planets .. and BOOM ... in 40 years .. shyt can become legend very quickly

plus theres no internet in star wars, and shyt is happenening all over the galaxy. Prolly hard for images and news to get around the whole galaxy like that.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
with Finn I wanted badass clone arc trooper type of character who is possibly awakening to the force
What I got was an eccentric stormtrooper who had a conscience but also some real fears

Rey I wanted a character who wasn't like a caricature of a strong female and had some sort of growth
What I got was a very close to perfect character who doesn't grow and basically was at the end of her development

Two leads need some work done on them in the next movie
TFA isn't a bad movie but it does need some solid direction in the next movie

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Wish i had a son i could introduce to star wars :mjcry:

Dont need sons... I got 14 yr old and 12 yr old daughters ... they all into star wars.. dc.. marvel. lotr... bttf... all that sci-fi stuff i like... and when my 3 yr old and 7 month old sons get older... they gonna be into star wars and dc and marvel and shiyt too...

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
with Finn I wanted badass clone arc trooper type of character who is possibly awakening to the force
What I got was an eccentric stormtrooper who had a conscience but also some real fears

Rey I wanted a character who wasn't like a caricature of a strong female and had some sort of growth
What I got was a very close to perfect character who doesn't grow and basically was at the end of her development

Two leads need some work done on them in the next movie
TFA isn't a bad movie but it does need some solid direction in the next movie

the problem with TFA is WE know there's 2 more movies coming.. they can space out character development... In 77... sequels werent guaranteedd.. movies where all or nothing each time out

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
plus theres no internet in star wars, and shyt is happenening all over the galaxy. Prolly hard for images and news to get around the whole galaxy like that.

and if Im not mistaken ... the emperor's demise was pushed under the rug and kept a secret... if the empire (first order ) is still in command somebody stepped up real quick... We know it wasnt vader and it wasnt Luke.... Did the emperor have a secret apprentice.. just like vader wanted luke to kill the emperor and rule as father and son .. did palpatine have a secret he was waitign to kill the skywalkers with if vader failed

Juven

All Star
Daps
:russ: dudes expecting development in a disney film. Who did they develop in avengers 2?

episode 8 will be the same movie with an even bigger death star, fukkin more female stormtroopers, and then daisy ridley saving the day. Movie added nothing to the star wars universe.

finn did a great job. enjoyed his performance

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I know that was a thing in the originals, my question is more, how can that happen when we now know they were all over the place only like 30 years before then
They weren't all over the place. Thats where your thinking is flawed. There was probably not even 1000 jedi ot 100's of thousands of planets. Also you underestimate the Empire's propaganda machine.

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
yea but then we would see it coming. if we start the movie following finn, it has an entirely different affect.

the beauty of that scene imo was the fact that it happened so suddenly, right in the middle of what we perceive is just another stormtrooper raid. in that brief moment everything we think we know about this war changes. these stormtroopers are people too.

wow, just thinking back to that scene:whew:
Yeah that was a great introduction I was shocked when the blood smeared on his helmet really puts you in his shoes during that moment honestly it's what sold me on Finn as a character.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Its weird but this movie had made me appreciate the prequel trilogy a little more. I still think the majority of the prequels were trash but i appreciate the fact that they expanded the universe and took some risks (even if some were misguided)

Yep. All Lucas had to do was come up with the story and then give it to talented writers/directors to get his vision displayed in a good way. There was a lot of possibility with this. Probably would have been better if he just made little Skywalker older.

Imagine if Nolan was given The Phantom Menace (in his vision), Attack of the Clones given to Danny Boyle, Revenge of the Sith given to Darren Aronofsky. Dude's who probably would have jumped at the idea of doing Star Wars in their relatively young careers (at the time). Maybe not, but would have been cool if it happened.

Honestly this movie makes me appreciate the original trilogy alot more,cuz there will will never be another SW or other trilogy to come close...Despite some issue i have with this joint it still doesnt come close for me to 4,5 or 6...

The first two are so rewatchable. It has the rare ability to come on tv and make a breh want to watch it no matter what I'm doing. We'll see if this can do the same.