Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
NYC
My big question is how in the world did the lemon head chick get a hold of a light saber that fell down a random mile long shaft on another planet? Who would have found that and known it belonged to Luke and Anakin? They carved their names on it?
She got Mace Windu's and Yoda's sabers too?

Things that make you go :jbhmm:
an even bigger question is when did light sabers go from being inanimate objects to something mystical that actually CALLS out to its owner.

That was weird to me.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
blackdisneylogo.gif

81DPbAdPHBL._SL1500_.jpg

:sasgroot:

I am Groot...​

Groot we are

:mjcry:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
an even bigger question is when did light sabers go from being inanimate objects to something mystical that actually CALLS out to its owner.

That was weird to me.

I think the lightsaber being due to it's bearer, the residual memories are imprinted on itself... like you remember the movie the dead zone?!? Or maybe rey is so passively intuned with the force maybe she can psychically pick up on things... maybe she has different force abilities??? :yeshrug:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Luke is the last living jedi for all intents and purposes and just remember even in episode 4 the people knew of the force and jedis but to them its was an old wives tales stories now imagine 30 years on top of that we know that Luke defeated the empire by Vader killing palpatine but everyone probably thinks the rebels did it and took credit for it, Luke is the unsung hero.

It's mythical because as time stretches for them they don't see enough jedi's around. So 1 whisper of a jedi in an entire galaxy alot of people would think its a story a myth...

I mean it's not like its on earth and we only be here imagine hundreds of thousands of planets and 1 man was responsible for killing the emperor and crushing the empire?!? :yeshrug: I would have been like its bullshyt too...
That's true I suppose but the [terrible] prequels show tons of Jedi running around only like 20-30 years before the events of Episode 4. So this is like 50-70 years since these cats were running around all over and advising the government and being major players. Why would their existence be 'old wives tales'?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think the lightsaber being due to it's bearer, the residual memories are imprinted on itself... like you remember the movie the dead zone?!? Or maybe rey is so passively intuned with the force maybe she can psychically pick up on things... maybe she has different force abilities??? :yeshrug:

it's still just a blunt object:manny:

it's not like it's Excalibur or some shyt that was forged by the gods.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

love screen junkies but man i wish they would hop off max landis's dikk. yes he makes an occasional good point but my god he sounds like such an insecure little brat, like a forum poster who somehow made it big.

anyways i really disagree with him on finn from 16:00 - 17:33. the idea he proposes would have achieved something entirely different and it wouldn't have had nearly the same impact. in his version we see the raid through finn's eyes from the start, giving more context to his awakening on the battlefield. not saying it wouldn't have worked but in my opinion that is not nearly as powerful as the way it was actually handled. we don't EXPECT to sympathize with a stormtrooper, that was the beauty of it. up until now all they have represented is that of faceless evil. so that moment we actually flip perspectives in the middle of the battle and see the war through his eyes i thought was a stroke of genius.

Yeah I loved that part. An extra 10 minutes on Finn before that, maybe some time with the guy that died and left his hand print on the mask would have been great.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That's true I suppose but the [terrible] prequels show tons of Jedi running around only like 20-30 years before the events of Episode 4. So this is like 50-70 years since these cats were running around all over and advising the government and being major players. Why would their existence be 'old wives tales'?

Palpatine did everything in his power to wipe out their entire existence. blew up their school, killed their kids, destroyed ALL their religious texts that was in that school. I mean alot of people be like the jedis are the shaolin monks but palpatine killed any and everybody connected to them... I mean its an entire galaxy... and time passes, there are some planets that no one even knows what the jedi is, besides all of them was exterminated* and then add 16 years on top of 30 years... :manny: I mean i dont understand it either the only thing i can correlate it to is the vastness of an entire galaxy plus time...

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah I loved that part. An extra 10 minutes on Finn before that, maybe some time with the guy that died and left his hand print on the mask would have been great.
yea but then we would see it coming. if we start the movie following finn, it has an entirely different affect.

the beauty of that scene imo was the fact that it happened so suddenly, right in the middle of what we perceive is just another stormtrooper raid. in that brief moment everything we think we know about this war changes. these stormtroopers are people too.

wow, just thinking back to that scene:whew:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Palpatine did everything in his power to wipe out their entire existence. blew up their school, killed their kids, destroyed ALL their religious texts that was in that school. I mean alot of people be like the jedis are the shaolin monks but palpatine killed any and everybody connected to them... I mean its an entire galaxy... and time passes, there are some planets that no one even knows what the jedi is, besides all of them was exterminated* and then add 16 years on top of 30 years... :manny: I mean i dont understand it either the only thing i can correlate it to is the vastness of an entire galaxy plus time...
Brehs yall clearly don't remember Han saying "there's no such thing as a mystical force" in A New Hope? Even by that time it had fallen into the abyss of history. I really don't think alot of people in this thread has ever seen any of the previous movies

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That was weird to me.

True and Whats with snoke saying if luke is found more jedi would emerge? So his fear is not 1 jedi the rebirth of the whole clique?

Knowledge is power and look might be the only one left that can look at poe and say your a great pilot because i sense the force in u him her that thing over there etc

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's got final say over Rian's Johnson movie as well. Because it supposedly has to fit "tonally" with TFA.

Rian gets final say on Episode 9.

We'll see how it plays out.

The bolded is FALSE. Rian Johnson does not answer to JJ on his movie. Rian is delivering his vision for the film. JJ has NOTHING to do with Rian's movie. JJ nixed a few things Rian wanted to happen in TFA to set up his movie (episode 8), because JJ didn't believe it fit for "his movie. TFA" But JJ has no input into Rian's movie.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Finn was never gonna win with some of you dudes.

Force Sensitive Finn(Which is still a possibility) would've still got the beats put on him by Ren and dudes would have been unhappy about that. Rey is of that Skywalker bloodline so of course she would be damn powerful. My theory is she already had SOME Jedi training.

Critical thinking,Strategist Finn is getting called a fukking garbage man with no skills. I could very easily see him being the leader of the resistance someday.

The black mans intellect has always been questioned and we have a character that finally displays high IQ,strong morals, resourcefulness and courage, yet dudes are complaining.

:pacspit: all the Finn haters

Alot of dudes gnna be looking real silly when when episode 8 and 9 conclude. I'm seriously :mindblown: how people don't see how this man is gnna be important to this story.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
The bolded is FALSE. Rian Johnson does not answer to JJ on his movie. Rian is delivering his vision for the film. JJ has NOTHING to do with Rian's movie. JJ nixed a few things Rian wanted to happen in TFA to set up his movie (episode 8), because JJ didn't believe it fit for "his movie. TFA" But JJ has no input into Rian's movie.
Isn't JJ an executive producer on VIII and IX?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Saw it on IMDB board that he did. Guess I was wrong. So thats good to know.