Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
U might be on to something because han is out in front of the poster and was really the focus of this movie and we dont see luke at all on the poster and he has 7 seconds of screen time and no lines. Bytch did have that rage in her too!

Shyt is like micro transactions in video games. To get the feel of the complete movie i gotta buy the novel, the comics leading into it and 2 seasons of rebels to get the full experience or cop the complete edition bluray next year

:ohhh:
And don't forget Luke looked kinda mad when he seen her in the end like he wasn't to pleased to see her.:mjpls:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Shame on JJ :manny:

One of the flaws of this movie is that the camera doesn't linger. It doesnt allow itself to breathe and soak in what we're seeing. Just a extra 5 seconds of Finn looking at the Light Saber could have given far more meaning to it and sold the pump fake at the end even better.

Oh well. :manny:
Do you think it was JJ or Kathleen?:sas1:

Anyways THIS IS CANON AND IT DID HAPPEN. :lupe:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
One thing I don't get: In the movie this can't be more than 30, 40 years max since they blew up the last death star. Presumably the rebels won and the Empire was destroyed. How, then do the Jedi become 'myth' again? Luke should've been the most famous person in the galaxy so where does the myth and legend come in? Not only that but 30 years isn't long enough in our world for anything to become myth or legend so in this galaxy with thousands and thousands of years of known history and interplanetary conflict/communication does something become mythical that quick? Not to mention Rey literally lives on the planet with destroyed Empire equipment laying around from the rebellion. What is mythical about any of this?

Luke is the last living jedi for all intents and purposes and just remember even in episode 4 the people knew of the force and jedis but to them its was an old wives tales stories now imagine 30 years on top of that we know that Luke defeated the empire by Vader killing palpatine but everyone probably thinks the rebels did it and took credit for it, Luke is the unsung hero.

It's mythical because as time stretches for them they don't see enough jedi's around. So 1 whisper of a jedi in an entire galaxy alot of people would think its a story a myth...

I mean it's not like its on earth and we only be here imagine hundreds of thousands of planets and 1 man was responsible for killing the emperor and crushing the empire?!? :yeshrug: I would have been like its bullshyt too...

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That might be a problem depending on what route JJ decided(if that was his decisions) to do with Finn, Rey, and Ren roles in the sequel.:patrice:

I can not see him still making Rey a mary sue and Ren a main villain and having them in round 2 in episode 8. :patrice:

Way to predictable.:patrice:

Yep. Its going to interesting how this plays out and how JJ/Rian find a balance in both of their vision.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Do y'all think the way they made Rey so strong in the movie because she gonna switch to the dark side in the next sequel?:ohhh:

Look at the movie poster.:wtf:
tfa_poster_wide_header.jpg

The dark side and the light of the force.

Look how Rey is parallel to Ren in the poster.:mjpls:

If they gonna do some mind fukked plot twist we gotta see what signs they hinted in TFA.

They talked about this on Collider.

How it would have a ton of guts to make her join the darkside in the sequels.

Either Kylo switching to the light and her switching to the dark. Or she joins Kylo and its Finn who has to stop her.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami

Either Kylo switching to the light and her switching to the dark. Or she joins Kylo and its Finn who has to stop her.
Can you link me to the video where they talk about this?:ohhh:
Imagine the duality if she betrays Luke just like Kylo did :wow:

Imagine if she ends up killing her dad just like Kylo did :wow::ohlawd:

Not happening though :francis:
Yeah I don't think Disney has the balls.:mjcry:

I hope I'm wrong tho.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

The sanitation worker gonna BEAT THAT ASSSSSSSSSSSSS :banderas:

REY, I LOVE YOU. :damn: Dont make me do this

Fight me nikka

7-crucial-clues-you-may-have-missed-in-the-star-wars-force-awakens-trailer-3-rey-s-read-675741.jpg

star-wars-episode-7-john-boyega.jpg

O you wanna use the N word bytch?

boyega_12.0.gif

RenChewbacca.jpg

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
My big question is how in the world did the lemon head chick get a hold of a light saber that fell down a random mile long shaft on another planet? Who would have found that and known it belonged to Luke and Anakin? They carved their names on it?
She got Mace Windu's and Yoda's sabers too?

Things that make you go :jbhmm:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

This is a good read.

I thought this was interesting:

5) Kylo doesn't feel so great after killing Han
In the movie, it isn't clear what's going through Kylo's mind after he stabs his father through the chest with his lightsaber. The scene quickly shifts gears, and Kylo, wounded by a shot from an enraged Chewbacca, snarls up at Finn and Rey from a crouched position before the two heroes flee.

In the novelization, Kylo feels "stunned by his own action."

"Following through on the act," the narration says, "ought to have made him stronger, a part of him believed. Instead, he found himself weakened."

Foster wrote the novelization based on a version of the script that later underwent significant revisions. It's possible that the discrepancy between page and screen here is not a casual inconsistency but a deliberate choice—that J.J. Abrams and company didn't want to suggest that Kylo felt conflicted after the fact. Of course, given how difficult it is to visually convey an internal monologue, it's also possible that this moment wasn't so much deliberate struck as overlooked for simplicity's sake.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

love screen junkies but man i wish they would hop off max landis's dikk. yes he makes an occasional good point but my god he sounds like such an insecure little brat, like a forum poster who somehow made it big.

anyways i really disagree with him on finn from 16:00 - 17:33. the idea he proposes would have achieved something entirely different and it wouldn't have had nearly the same impact. in his version we see the raid through finn's eyes from the start, giving more context to his awakening on the battlefield. not saying it wouldn't have worked but in my opinion that is not nearly as powerful as the way it was actually handled. we don't EXPECT to sympathize with a stormtrooper, that was the beauty of it. up until now all they have represented is that of faceless evil. so that moment we actually flip perspectives in the middle of the battle and see the war through his eyes i thought was a stroke of genius.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
My big question is how in the world did the lemon head chick get a hold of a light saber that fell down a random mile long shaft on another planet? Who would have found that and known it belonged to Luke and Anakin? They carved their names on it?
She got Mace Windu's and Yoda's sabers too?

Things that make you go :jbhmm:
In the film Maz is directly asked this question by Rey. She says, and I quote, "that's another story for another time.":yeshrug: