Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
From another site

"So I just downloaded the Force Awakens audiobook novelization. And it describes the scene when Maz gives him the lightsaber and says "to everyones surprise gives the lightsaber not to Han or Chewie, but to Finn" and when Finn holds it "it feels comfortable in his hand" and after the lightsaber battle with the storm trooper a scene that wasn't in the movie between MAz and Finn happens. She says to him that she sees the eyes of a warrior now instead of one who wants to run."

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Brehs need to stop speculating that Finn is going to be a Jedi....lets not do this to ourselves again...

I'm skeptical that he's the next Han (I believe he's going to be own new thing, which is cool if it's developed properly)

But thats more believable now that him being a Jedi.

Lets just hope he becomes a great character. My hope is this is just the silly version we would look back on before he evolved into a badass :yeshrug:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
From another site

"So I just downloaded the Force Awakens audiobook novelization. And it describes the scene when Maz gives him the lightsaber and says "to everyones surprise gives the lightsaber not to Han or Chewie, but to Finn" and when Finn holds it "it feels comfortable in his hand" and after the lightsaber battle with the storm trooper a scene that wasn't in the movie between MAz and Finn happens. She says to him that she sees the eyes of a warrior now instead of one who wants to run."
Shame on JJ :manny:

One of the flaws of this movie is that the camera doesn't linger. It doesnt allow itself to breathe and soak in what we're seeing. Just a extra 5 seconds of Finn looking at the Light Saber could have given far more meaning to it and sold the pump fake at the end even better.

Oh well. :manny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Just found out that this is the only Star Wars JJ signed on to do now everything makes perfect sense

He said fukk taking any chances. He basically made a 2 hr Star Wars commercial, where it feels like Star Wars at some point but nothing sticks

He made a flawless heroine for feminists who didn't face danger once in the movie, so that they wouldn't be offended

He lured black people in with a bait and switch hero

This was a lick for JJ, that's why he just remade ANH to hedge his bets

He's got final say over Rian's Johnson movie as well. Because it supposedly has to fit "tonally" with TFA.

Rian gets final say on Episode 9.

We'll see how it plays out.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I don't think that's rushed at all. It's called A FORCE AWAKENS for a reason.

I think she was previously trained and her memory suppressed like Jason Bourne. Her character supposed to be the most mysterious.

We dont know that right now and when she fought off those two dudes after her droid,it was no indication it had anything to do with the force...At that point it hasnt been recosgnized by her as a power...

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps

One of the flaws of this movie is that the camera doesn't linger. It doesnt allow itself to breathe and soak in what we're seeing. Just a extra 5 seconds of Finn looking at the Light Saber could have given far more meaning to it and sold the pump fake at the end even better.

Yeah they needed to let it breathe. Little moments like Rey just chilling with the x-wing pilot helmet on was really cool. It's like you've created these amazing looking sets, CGI and costumes. Let us take it all in for a bit.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I’ve deployed twice as an 11B and I’ve never seen anyone outside of combat arms/combat medics who were allowed to leave the base for combat missions. There’s no reason to because there is no shortage of infantryman. The same thing can be applied to the movie. There is nothing to suggest that the First Order were so hard pressed for troops that they needed to pull regular janitors away from their duty to help out for a mission. Read Finn’s bio. He was on the mission because he was groomed for it, not because they just needed an extra man and just grabbed whoever.

It doesn't work like that in the Army at least. The ASVAB doesn't choose your MOS, it just decides what MOS are available for you to choose. It doesn't matter if the recruit is the best and the brightest, there are times when soldiers get picked for details that have nothing to do with their MOS. Especially infantry. Seriously, ask any grunt and they will tell you "We do everybody's job :shaq2:"

Infantry stay getting put on bullshyt details and stuff that has nothing to do with what they signed up for:pachaha:
nikka I was in a MP unit and when they deployed, all the support MOS's went outside the wire for combat and patrol mission, so yes the cooks had CAB's as well as the pencil pushers.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:
aR2kXsB.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The "idea" of Finn is fantastic. Boyega's performance makes it much better than it is. The material/execution itself left a lot to be desired.
I really wished they went more into his history before the first fight. Honestly it was really cool seeing the battle from a storm trooper point of view and him looking around.

Maybe rogue one or a future spin off will give us something similar.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's a 2 hour and 16 minutes movie. I know we could handle more time but this a franchise that's meant for kids to get into. They're not ready for a nearly 3 hour movie. It must have been a bytch to edit and even if they added details about Finn we'd still want more for the other characters. I'm sure they'll look at things critically and be sure to include what they missed in the next one or the directors cut.

This is going to be the most over analyzed movie until the next one.