Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
According to @wire28 if anyone ever blindly defends something and refuses to acknowledge its flaws, they are a "stan" of said thing, and are being really terrible.
you-got-me.gif

I liked the movie but lmao at people actually trying to argue that it wasn't lazy storytelling.

I already dislike Jedi for giving us a SECOND DEATH STAR even if it did give us a great space fight. These niccaz gave us a third one.

"Another Death Star?"
"No.....this one's bigger :troll:"

If George would've written that for a prequel he would've been lynched even worse than he already has been. Same for half of this movie.

Orange Yoda was literally JayZing Yoda's lines on some "I'm not a biter I'm a writer for myself and others I'm reading Yodas lines I'm only tryna big up my brother big up my order..that I'm not a part of so it's way different :troll:" (cue deleted scene where she uses the force to bring down the ceiling on stormtroopers).
Right. Why JJ get a pass? George would have got abused.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Right. Why JJ get a pass? George would have got abused.

Exactly.

I dislike TPM more than Episode VII but I respect George way more for trying something new. Even if a blockade due to tax reasoning became boring as hell, and a kid hero came off silly and a retro comic relief character didn't work - he had a vision and stuck to it. He even flipped the script on the Jedi/Sith and made the Sith Lord a "good" Politician and the Jedi stuck in the Republics bureacracy.

All shyt people hated but all completely new to Star Wars.

Force Awakens gave us A New Hope and put little twists on characters (Luke the orphan farmer is now Rey the orphan scavenger/Han the smuggler on the run is Finn the stormtrooper on the run/Obi the mentor who went through the war is Han etc.).

Nothing pure. It's way more fun than Phantom Menace, but I'm not giving JJ credit for that since he copied George's blueprint - it's more fun than Phantom BECAUSE of how dope George's initial movie was.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Shid I'm a cop the Walmart and target one been watching digital since last week :noah:
I know you got a 9.1 system or something wild so you're doing yourself a disservice not popping in that blu-ray. Because the sound is shytting on the digital version :ufdup:

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I know you got a 9.1 system or something wild so you're doing yourself a disservice not popping in that blu-ray. Because the sound is shytting on the digital version :ufdup:
Gonna cop a regular for home theater purposes lol

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Some funky shyt with the audio when Rey runs into the woods at Maz's place. Thought it was just the bootleg :shaq2:

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
Ok so let me ask y'all do y'all think the next movie will be original or a empire strikes back remake :mjlol:
Well, what we know so far is that it picks up right after 7, Luke and Rey crash a diplomats' social event, Finn rides on a big taun taun, Laura Dern plays a Resistance officer who clashes with Poe who then takes her place, and Leia gets seriously wounded. So sounds pretty different so far

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Well, what we know so far is that it picks up right after 7, Luke and Rey crash a diplomats' social event, Finn rides on a big taun taun, Laura Dern plays a Resistance officer who clashes with Poe who then takes her place, and Leia gets seriously wounded. So sounds pretty different so far
help us rian johnson, you're our only hope
4lSMiA6.png

edit: spoiler'd