Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
breh you gotta put some more up thats dope im going to see if i can notice any

you should make a thread
I'll try to think of more, honestly transitions like those aren't common, it's either difficult to achieve or a lot of directors don't have the visual IQ to pull it off or they simply don't care. Kubrick was a photographer and a master visual artist and I think JJ is a superb director with a very good eye for visuals.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I love great transitions in films, it's really an art.
e9a2b742bd52150d93c4f80645f6a38e.gif

I saw a shirt that had the stormtrooper helmet with bloody handprints, but I haven't copped it yet. Needed to get another Iron Man shirt first,

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
well she obviously has intricate knowledge on mechanics from being a scavenger on jakku and she was going to steal another ship before it got blown up by tiefighters so she obviously was already a pilot, I assume most ships operate in generally the same way, Poe could fly a tie fighter without flying one before, do you have to learn to drive again every time you get a new car?
You win this round :leostare:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
well she obviously has intricate knowledge on mechanics from being a scavenger on jakku and she was going to steal another ship before it got blown up by tiefighters so she obviously was already a pilot, I assume most ships operate in generally the same way, Poe could fly a tie fighter without flying one before, do you have to learn to drive again every time you get a new car?
Start the ship sure. Evasive maneuvers while running for the First Order:upsetfavre:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Start the ship sure. Evasive maneuvers while running for the First Order:upsetfavre:
Jedi have insane reflexes and an innate sense of what is going to happen, which was why anakin was such a great podracer at such an insanely young age and was able to hop into a naboo starfighter and why Luke, who CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG didn't have access to an x-wing growing up on tattooine was a great x-wing pilot. Again, people only complain about these things imo because Rey is a woman and it's less believable to us that a woman could be so great in combat situations (this is just my opinion I'm not saying this is what you personally believe, but I also believe its a subconscious thing men have that influence these opinions)

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Jedi have insane reflexes and an innate sense of what is going to happen, which was why anakin was such a great podracer at such an insanely young age and was able to hop into a naboo starfighter and why Luke, who CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG didn't have access to an x-wing growing up on tattooine was a great x-wing pilot. Again, people only complain about these things imo because Rey is a woman and it's less believable to us that a woman could be so great in combat situations (this is just my opinion I'm not saying this is what you personally believe, but I also believe its a subconscious thing men have that influence these opinions)

I don't care about her being a chick relative to this.

That said, Anakin was clearly built overall with the mention of midicholrians to be special. In regards to Luke, he wasn't pure ridiculous flying in the first movie. He was kind of like Jordan making the shot against Georgetown in the NCAA final.

It's a small nitpick that hopefully gets reconciled with the other movies. That said, she clearly didn't start doing these things until she had the vision and realized she had the capacity. That hadn't happened when she was flying the Falcon.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't care about her being a chick relative to this.

That said, Anakin was clearly built overall with the mention of midicholrians to be special. In regards to Luke, he wasn't pure ridiculous flying in the first movie. He was kind of like Jordan making the shot against Georgetown in the NCAA final.

It's a small nitpick that hopefully gets reconciled with the other movies. That said, she clearly didn't start doing these things until she had the vision and realized she had the capacity. That hadn't happened when she was flying the Falcon.
she already had the force within her, she didn't HAVE to have the visions in order for the effects of being attuned to the force to manifest. She was beating the shyt out of people with this combi staff at the beginning of the damn film. Rey is obviously Luke's daughter and she would obviously have a very high midichlorian count

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
she already had the force within her, she didn't HAVE to have the visions in order for the effects of being attuned to the force to manifest. She was beating the shyt out of people with this combi staff at the beginning of the damn film. Rey is obviously Luke's daughter and she would obviously have a very high midichlorian count
She wasn't beating anyone of note in those scenes.

I don't think she is but we will see.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get pissed off just thinking about this movie. I fell for the hype like an idiot. Most disappointing film in a decade.