Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Lucas explained the balance, Jedi live in harmony with the force; Sith corrupt it. Anakin was never supposed to go after the Jedi, that's just him fukking up. It's also indirectly explained in Phantom Menace.

Anakin ended the Sith lineage that sprung from the original Sith dynasty.

That's why Kylo/Snoke are not labeled Sith, because they're not part of that lineage (unless Snoke turns out to be Plageuis).

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lucas explained the balance, Jedi live in harmony with the force; Sith corrupt it. Anakin was never supposed to go after the Jedi, that's just him fukking up. It's also indirectly explained in Phantom Menace.

Anakin ended the Sith lineage that sprung from the original Sith dynasty.

That's why Kylo/Snoke are not labeled Sith, because they're not part of that lineage (unless Snoke turns out to be Plageuis).
:jbhmm: I don't know about Snoke being Plagueis. Plagueis is a Muun and Snoke looks nothing like one. However the book is now legend status (unfortunately because it expands and introduces a lot of lore) but Plagueis being a muun is straight from George Lucas.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:jbhmm: I don't know about Snoke being Plagueis. Plagueis is a Muun and Snoke looks nothing like one. However the book is now legend status (unfortunately because it expands and introduces a lot of lore) but Plagueis being a muun is straight from George Lucas.
Seems like he won't be but just like with Kylo/Ben they took elements from the EU and made it cannon.

Also there is the line from the new Rebels trailer.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Makes sense.

My only initial thought is the gap as far as Kylo's training. Where did Snoke get his insight into the dark side?
There were dark side practitioners that weren't seeking to become Sith. Doesn't mean that they can't rebuild the Sith order but I don't know if they won't to go back to that.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
There were dark side practitioners that weren't seeking to become Sith. Doesn't mean that they can't rebuild the Sith order but I don't know if they won't to go back to that.
No doubt. I would just be interested to see what the story to that would be. Based on seeing the movie again it make sense. Snoke was trying to eliminate Luke and Han told Kylo that Snoke was just using him. That would all play into Snoke know elements of the dark side but not strong enough to defeat Jedi or Sith for that matter.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be a push to reestablish the Sith as a primary source of antagonist.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No doubt. I would just be interested to see what the story to that would be. Based on seeing the movie again it make sense. Snoke was trying to eliminate Luke and Han told Kylo that Snoke was just using him. That would all play into Snoke know elements of the dark side but not strong enough to defeat Jedi or Sith for that matter.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be a push to reestablish the Sith as a primary source of antagonist.
I wish they came up with a different name. Snoke sounds like a character from a PBS children's show.

I hope that they really stretch out further from the OT with 8 and 9

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Imagine if the Rey theory that she is actually
Anakin or "The Chosen One" reincarnated
is true... it would lead to Luke being forced to say
"Rey, you're my father" :dead:

no need for the spoilers really, just wasting my time here :dead:
:laff: