Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he's got the same potential Anakin had or Rey does but ROTS Anakin although he was already extremely powerful and could already take some if not many Jedi masters, wasn't even near his full potential. So I'd say Kylo can surpass that :patrice:
Kylo shouldn't surpass Anakin power. Anakin was had a higher midichlorian count than Yoda, trained under Jedi Masters that knew all the Jedi tricks, and trained on the ways of the sith under Sidious.

Really, I can't see Luke besting a prime Jedi from before Order 66, yet alone a Sith.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Kylo shouldn't surpass Anakin power. Anakin was had a higher midichlorian count than Yoda, trained under Jedi Masters that knew all the Jedi tricks, and trained on the ways of the sith under Sidious.

Really, I can't see Luke besting a prime Jedi from before Order 66, yet alone a Sith.
Kylo would have somewhere close to that midichlorian count though, no?

You're right we don't know how Luke would be facing a prime master from the OJO or a Sith, it depends on how he developed following ROTJ.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps

You're right we don't know how Luke would be facing a prime master from the OJO or a Sith, it depends on how he developed following ROTJ.

I always pretty much thought that Luke had all the potential/abilities to be damn near as powerful as Anakin, but the training is the main thing that separates them.

also, funny as fukk when u think about it, it's "just" movies/cartoons, but I keep wishing there was an alternative universe where Anakin would've ended up as Darth Vader, without the injuries.... he basically would've surpassed Sidious and been the most powerful Sith/Dark Jedi ever.... (which Sidious probably knew, since he even told Yoda that)

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I always pretty much thought that Luke had all the potential/abilities to be damn near as powerful as Anakin, but the training is the main thing that separates them.

also, funny as fukk when u think about it, it's "just" movies/cartoons, but I keep wishing there was an alternative universe where Anakin would've ended up as Darth Vader, without the injuries.... he basically would've surpassed Sidious and been the most powerful Sith/Dark Jedi ever.... (which Sidious probably knew, since he even told Yoda that)
Yup, I'm not sure if it was in Legends or Canon but it was mentioned that Anakin's potential was 1.6 times Sidious.

:wow: :wow: :wow:

I do wonder why Sidious would risk training Anakin though. Maybe he thought he could finish what Plageuis was looking into and cheat death before Anakin reached his potential?

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Yup, I'm not sure if it was in Legends or Canon but it was mentioned that Anakin's potential was 1.6 times Sidious.

I do wonder why Sidious would risk training Anakin though. Maybe he thought he could finish what Plageuis was looking into and cheat death before Anakin reached his potential?

seems like the explanation which would make the most sense. either that or Sidious thought he could've somehow controlled Anakin which seems questionable since the Jedi council couldn't really control him either when he was 'just' a jedi, and turning to dark side probably wasn't gonna slow him down

CHL

Superstar
Daps
seems like the explanation which would make the most sense. either that or Sidious thought he could've somehow controlled Anakin which seems questionable since the Jedi council couldn't really control him either when he was 'just' a jedi, and turning to dark side probably wasn't gonna slow him down
Have you seen the Revenge Of The Sith video game alternative ending? :pachaha:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Depends. Sidious was a beast with the mental and political game. For that time period Anakin never showed an interest in that regard. Sidous basically was able to let someone train him without it being savage and then turn him based on those personal connections Anakin was trying to hold on to.

After he got chopped up Sidous knew he would never be as powerful and was easier to hold back.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, Snoke being around during Palpatine's run is not believable to me. Palpatine had to have known about another strong in the force. Clone Wars showed us the lengths he went through to uproot and destroy anyone who would challenge not only his superiority in the force but also the rule of two. Also, if Snoke is more powerful than Palpatine was, which I doubt he is, why did it take Palpatine's death for him to rise to power?

Snoke had to have been trained by someone, but who? His backstory better be believable and interesting. I hope we get to see him in action as well.

sidious never did find and kill yoda

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

anakin was a retard and easy to control, plus sidious needed him to get rid of the rest of the jedi

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My thinking is that Kylo midichlorian count would be diluted and normalised. Plus Leia never activating hers would have some effect too, I would imagine.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Anakin wiping out the Jedi was also part of the prophecy. The balance was lopsided before 66 with the light side being in control.