Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Romell

Superstar
Daps
shyt was dope. Walked out wanting it to continue on really. We got what 2 years for this story to continue?

Rey trains with Luke and eventually trains Finn. It was obvious Finn is force sensitive too. How else would he catch Kylo's attention in the opening scene.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
dont even try and pull that shyt. i didnt like the movie and i told you why. they played finn and the "you go girl" feminsim is fine, except when it overwhelms everything else. she could have been an independent woman and yet still have flaws, instead she just 100% badass and was saving Fins incompetent ass constantly. why couldnt they save eachother? why does one have to be so dominant? cant your short sighted ass see that. its not about women need to stay in their lane, its that they need to be empowered, but not at the expense of the black male character. honestly, dont even know why that dude was in the film. he wasnt a badass, he was just i dont know.

i was excited about this shyt and mostly cause of boyega inclusion, as i loved attack the block and have been waiting for his next step. ive spoken about attack the block on here before but man. melissa harris perry said some shyt about star wars this weekend and i thought she was crazy, but now, im not sure. add in billy dee williams traitor character in empire strikes back as well and we have a pattern here. im not saying its purposely racist, but its careless as hell.

Pretty much what I been saying and getting from the comments that Finn was getting tried.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
shyt was dope. Walked out wanting it to continue on really. We got what 2 years for this story to continue?

Rey trains with Luke and eventually trains Finn. It was obvious Finn is force sensitive too. How else would he catch Kylo's attention in the opening scene.
Yeah and I don't see Finn just using a lightsaber for one movie and that being it. He was getting some screentime with that shyt for a reason. Dudes need to be patient.

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
Just left the theater:blessed:

I say it's a 4/5. Very solid addition to the series. They didn't take many risks but that may have been the best move to not alienate fans from the jump like Lucas did. Great way to get the ball rolling.

As for Finn...:myafrican:

Man, I can't believe how wrong people were:martin:. He was the best character in the film and made the most important moves. He literally had a hand in every major plot line. I thought he was the star of this one. He held his own in every fight just acting on the fly. He handled the Saber surprisingly well. People were saying he was barely in the movie:comeon:. He was never cowardly:what:. You see how long Rey held that hug:steviej:. Finn's gonna get that mouth and bring some mulatto excellence to the galaxy when it's all said and done:shaq:. I don't even care if he's FS:yeshrug:. Han was always my favorite as a kid anyway.

Can't forget my guy Poe Pimpin:salute:. Let Rey train and gives us more of that Finn/Poe tag team. Boyega and Isaac had great chemistry in the few scenes they were in together :banderas:

I can't front my eyes got a little watery a few times:mjcry:

:grootrejoice:

:grootcry:

We are Groot!

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JJ took a huge shyt on the prequels with this one. Great acting, No overreliance on CGI when it wasn't needed, No overcheoragraphed lightsaber battles, and No forced humor.

:ohhh: I kept thinking that something was off about the look but that's what it was. It's weird watching SW without a ridiculous amount of CGI and unnecessary monsters in the background.

:ohhh:

That whole Finn as a storm trooper scene was an incredible introduction. I'm waiting until we can speak without spoilers to go in depth on his character but he picked things up extremely fast wielding the saber. Even damaged Kylo.

So you haven't even fukking seen it :deadrose:

Had to rep you breh. It was your word that made me cop a ticket.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: I kept thinking that something was off about the look but that's what it was. It's weird watching SW without a ridiculous amount of CGI and unnecessary monsters in the background.

:ohhh:

That whole Finn as a storm trooper scene was an incredible introduction. I'm waiting until we can speak without spoilers to go in depth on his character but he picked things up extremely fast wielding the saber. Even damaged Kylo.

Had to rep you breh. It was your word that made me cop a ticket.
Make sure you cop a ticket for Episode 10 featuring Jedi Masters Rey Skywalker and Finn:blessed:

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
umad.png

We are Groot...