Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is not my gripe. My gripe is that they portray Fin character as a coward but in the trailer they portray him as holding his own. People who seen the movie is saying that he was straight up Hollywood black stereotype. shyt, just kill him off instead of me wasting 2 hrs n $11.70 shacking my head on how White protray us in movies. Racial politics

YESSIR. You have the same beef as me. Fin was like i said, space django, except in this case he didnt even come into his own at the end. still getting his ass whooped by cacs.. that shyt dissapointed the hell outta me. this was my most anticipated movie of the year bar none. and i was ready to leave halfway through cause that dude was either a happy negro early on, over doing the whooping and hollering, and absolutely useless in the rest of the film. and that white girl constantly saving his ass and telling him how to do shyt shyt, man, i was disgusted. if i see yet another "oooh look, the girl is so independent and is saving shyt and a natural leader” i was finna scream. how the fuk was she telling han solo about his own damn spaceship and how to operate it. ridicolous. man, like you said, just stop putting black men in film if this is how you gonna be treating us.

anyway some positives, oscar issac killed his role. great actor. harrison ford was dope. i even felt some emotion for bb8. and adm driver was good as well. as well as dominic gleeson. those 4 i was happy with. wasnt even happy with lupita. yet another wise black woman trope helping cacs to find themselves ( even though she looks like an alien)

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do I get the feeling there are white boys saying the same thing about Boyega being in this film. Your reasoning for not liking Rey sounds just like racist white boys who don't like black characters who have too much shine in a movie.

dont even try and pull that shyt. i didnt like the movie and i told you why. they played finn and the "you go girl" feminsim is fine, except when it overwhelms everything else. she could have been an independent woman and yet still have flaws, instead she just 100% badass and was saving Fins incompetent ass constantly. why couldnt they save eachother? why does one have to be so dominant? cant your short sighted ass see that. its not about women need to stay in their lane, its that they need to be empowered, but not at the expense of the black male character. honestly, dont even know why that dude was in the film. he wasnt a badass, he was just i dont know.

i was excited about this shyt and mostly cause of boyega inclusion, as i loved attack the block and have been waiting for his next step. ive spoken about attack the block on here before but man. melissa harris perry said some shyt about star wars this weekend and i thought she was crazy, but now, im not sure. add in billy dee williams traitor character in empire strikes back as well and we have a pattern here. im not saying its purposely racist, but its careless as hell.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Watching the previous movies to refresh everything that has happened before seeing Force Awakens.
Jar Jar Binks is almost bad enough to make me skip episode 1.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Watching the previous movies to refresh everything that has happened before seeing Force Awakens.
Jar Jar Binks is almost bad enough to make me skip episode 1.
When one character in a small role in a film is bad enough to inspire the entire jakovasaurs episode of South Park (anyone remember how annoying they were? Just :scust:), you really fukked up making that character.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Yo...

I just got back from seeing this last night...

I give this :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow: out of 10:wow:'s....

What a film. nikkaz was crying and everybody applauded at the end...at least in my theater...

Who was the old guy Kylo was talking to at the village was he a Jedi?? Kylo wants to be vader so bad but he is missing something, he mos def need some mre time in the oven....His mind is weak and I can seeing him tunring even after what he did to Han Gawdlo....He let Finn touch him up in that battle and Ren would have served him sweet justice if it wasnt for the planet falling apart, she had o training...son seriously needs to step his game up
I NEED THIS MOVIE IN MY LIFE

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just left the theater:blessed:

I say it's a 4/5. Very solid addition to the series. They didn't take many risks but that may have been the best move to not alienate fans from the jump like Lucas did. Great way to get the ball rolling.

As for Finn...:myafrican:

Man, I can't believe how wrong people were:martin:. He was the best character in the film and made the most important moves. He literally had a hand in every major plot line. I thought he was the star of this one. He held his own in every fight just acting on the fly. He handled the Saber surprisingly well. People were saying he was barely in the movie:comeon:. He was never cowardly:what:. You see how long Rey held that hug:steviej:. Finn's gonna get that mouth and bring some mulatto excellence to the galaxy when it's all said and done:shaq:. I don't even care if he's FS:yeshrug:. Han was always my favorite as a kid anyway.

Can't forget my guy Poe Pimpin:salute:. Let Rey train and gives us more of that Finn/Poe tag team. Boyega and Isaac had great chemistry in the few scenes they were in together :banderas:

I can't front my eyes got a little watery a few times:mjcry:

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Now thats how you make a fukking Star Wars movies brehs :wow:

JJ took a huge shyt on the prequels with this one. Great acting, No overreliance on CGI when it wasn't needed, No overcheoragraphed lightsaber battles, and No forced humor.

Loved pretty much everything about this except for how weak they made Ren. But i'm sure he will get more powerful in the next film :obama:

Will drop more thoughts later brehs