Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Expect people to not talk about a movie in the thread dedicated to that movie brehs....
ffbfdc6923a68b92587a739afc9e89a29ccf841d68876a980c30cc91db678e5e.jpg

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Yo...

I just got back from seeing this last night...

I give this :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow: out of 10:wow:'s....

What a film. nikkaz was crying and everybody applauded at the end...at least in my theater...

Who was the old guy Kylo was talking to at the village was he a Jedi?? Kylo wants to be vader so bad but he is missing something, he mos def need some mre time in the oven....His mind is weak and I can seeing him tunring even after what he did to Han Gawdlo....He let Finn touch him up in that battle and Ren would have served him sweet justice if it wasnt for the planet falling apart, she had o training...son seriously needs to step his game up

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
it's comical reading comments that want an explanation for certain points of the movie.

part of the charm of the OT was that EVERY SINGLE THING was NOT explained which IMO helped build up so much of the myth

compared to the PT's that went out of their way to explain EVERY SINGLE THING and IMO suffered overall - everything doesn't need an explanation y'all

like:

:wtf: at folks wondering how she was able to best Kylo in a duel?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH THE FORCE!

like how Luke was able to deflect blasts from that little droid while wearing that blast helmet...to turning off his targeting computer and still blowing up the Death Star.

it just might be that Rey is super gifted in using the FORCE and there were some things that were just innate in her ability to wield it; like using the Jedi Mind Trick and wielding a lightsaber. Plus she was shown to be a capable fighter when she used her staff earlier in the film.

was kind :merchant: they showed her getting the back hand earlier in the flick too

This isn't about wanting everything explained, it's about credibility. It took Luke 2 movies to master the skills Rey displayed against Kilo, and it took Anakin an entire trilogy. And we're supposed to believe Rey figured it all out in 20 minutes :usure: Maybe she is that badass and is even more focused and powerful than Anakin but it was a little hard to swallow after 6 movies telling us that training and discipline is crucial to wielding that kind of symbiotic show of the force.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
One minor detail that I liked in this movie is how they gave Stormtroopers' actual personalities in this one:

Aside from Finn

For example:

When Kylo Rinn is going ape shyt in his room after Rey escapes and two of them come walking along as it's going on, and they both look at each other like :merchant:and dip out like
giphy.gif

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Yo...

I just got back from seeing this last night...

I give this :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow: out of 10:wow:'s....

What a film. nikkaz was crying and everybody applauded at the end...at least in my theater...

Who was the old guy Kylo was talking to at the village was he a Jedi?? Kylo wants to be vader so bad but he is missing something, he mos def need some mre time in the oven....His mind is weak and I can seeing him tunring even after what he did to Han Gawdlo....He let Finn touch him up in that battle and Ren would have served him sweet justice if it wasnt for the planet falling apart, she had o training...son seriously needs to step his game up
I figure the old guy is probably just some general, or well known member of the resistance.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
About Rey and her skills

She shouldn't have beaten Kylo. A stalemate would've been perfect imo, Ren was heavily injured and trying to turn her to the Dark Side (once again trying to prove he's ready as a Sith) so Rey finding the Force to put up a fight and fend him off before StarKiller Base got destroyed was the best way to go. Rey didn't need that big of a W nor did Kylo need that big of an L.

NOW, having said that, we were shown before that Rey could handle herself in hand to hand combat so her being competent with a lightsaber wasn't an issue at all to me. The issue was Kylo failing - regardless of his injuries - against a complete novice.

I had a much bigger issue with Rey knowing how to do a fukking Jedi Mind Trick without ever seeing one being done before (shyt, she thought the Jedi were a myth like a day before). That was useless fanservice. If JJ wanted to make her scape then make her move her cuffs with the Force or some shyt, that way when she takes Luke's lightsaber from Kylo it makes a little more sense...

Stuff like this didn't really bother me that much, I still loved the film, but they could've been a little bit more subtle with Rey's ability with the Force.

I would love to see her fall on her face on Episode VIII. Like, she got too much too soon and thinks she's ready. Luke being like ":whoa: no you are not :ufdup:" and then Rey getting worked because of her past success and over confidence. That way she learns a lesson and becomes a true Jedi Knight for Episode IX.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All this finn hate is irking me, y'all may never be pleased, but anyways
Before i get started, where are yall ranking kylo? Could he body darth maul?
I'm happy Fin didn't turn out to be the super hero of ep7, i was mad looking at the posters and thought it would be corny for a character with no relations to skywalkers / a former stormtrooper to kill the bad guy. That wouldve been affirmative action to the max. Instead of that, we got a character who's completely green and its refreshingly good. He's doing what a lot of what the audience would have done. You have the baddest fukk head in the galaxy chasing after you with a fleet of hundred of thousand and a planet destroyer... im out that bytch too. That not cowardice, thats intelligence. He didn't even know about the rebel group or what they did, why would he fight Kylo one on one? :what:

Then people saying that Rey shouldnt have been able to fight and beat kylo. Let's think about her story first, just like jedi, she's spending her life in isolation, possibly training without knowing it. Then the sequence after touching the saber which basically said she's bloodline of god body anakin aka the chosen one... she's made for this. When kylo used force to take her on the first meet, that was the first time she probably ever interacted with the force. I don't think she just magically got better, but she was exposed to something she's naturally good at. Then during the interrogation, she read his fear and thats all you really need to beat somebody in a fight... not that that excuses him from taking that L...

So about Kylo... love the character, loved the acting, def force proficient, but nothing in this movie made me think he had them hands. He's a force reliant fighter. He swung the saber like a heavy blade, predictable and slow. Fin, with all his novice, was able to give him some work. People will say thats cause he got hit with that beam earlier, not me, Fin would've been murked if it was any other sith, injury or not. Now put Rey in the same position, where force is basically no advantage and she can actively read the fear in his motion, he got that work handed to him. By the time he fights these characters, they aren't afraid of him. Intimidation factor loss, force even, he loses.

Overall, we're gonna see Fin develop into a character who will more than a sidekick. He's an initiative taker. I don't think he's a coward at all, he's doing whats needed to survive against an unstoppable movement, and if he aligns with the rebels he's one of their best assets. Rey will definitely come back in ep8 hard body, don't need to say more about that... kylo the same, but im interested in what completely his training means, and who else got that training. I imagine an akatsuki thing going on, bunch of straight up sith demons, then kylo for vice president, then snoke coming up thanos style to end the trilogy.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This isn't about wanting everything explained, it's about credibility. It took Luke 2 movies to master the skills Rey displayed against Kilo, and it took Anakin an entire trilogy. And we're supposed to believe Rey figured it all out in 20 minutes :usure: Maybe she is that badass and is even more focused and powerful than Anakin but it was a little hard to swallow after 6 movies telling us that training and discipline is crucial to wielding that kind of symbiotic show of the force.

him being hurt and weakened had a lot to do with that. And the fact that even when he was trying to read her mind that it wasn't working kinda showed that Rey isn't a joke even with no training. Ben needs to get back in the gym with Snoke.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Rey

I know I ain't the only one that caught this. This girl captured the Force on some Bruce LeRoy capturing the glow shyt. "I am the Master :youngsabo:" :russ:

THAT'S EXACTLY IT!!! I couldn't put my finger on that shyt until now!!! :laff:
Rey: "drop the gun"

Stormtrooper: "Aite"

:laff:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
spoiler, ahead, u been warned:

smh. this film was trash. surprised at how much i didnt like it. wasnt bad wasnt good either. they did my man john boyega wrong. had him looking like space django, not knowing how to do shyt. everyone else having to rescue his ass. did he even do anything of merit other than be scared and hopeless. not his fault, its jj abrams fault. as for the chick. thats what happens when feminist culture takes over everything. shyt was star wars for females. nothing agaist that but was not my cupof tea. chick knew everything, was correcting everyone, whooping the bad guys, flying space ships, whoping the bad guy after tha bad guy gave boyega that ass whooping . smh. they emasculated my nikka john boyega. wont be seeing the next 2 since its clear what the agenda is. .

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
About Rey and her skills

She shouldn't have beaten Kylo. A stalemate would've been perfect imo, Ren was heavily injured and trying to turn her to the Dark Side (once again trying to prove he's ready as a Sith) so Rey finding the Force to put up a fight and fend him off before StarKiller Base got destroyed was the best way to go. Rey didn't need that big of a W nor did Kylo need that big of an L.

NOW, having said that, we were shown before that Rey could handle herself in hand to hand combat so her being competent with a lightsaber wasn't an issue at all to me. The issue was Kylo failing - regardless of his injuries - against a complete novice.

I had a much bigger issue with Rey knowing how to do a fukking Jedi Mind Trick without ever seeing one being done before (shyt, she thought the Jedi were a myth like a day before). That was useless fanservice. If JJ wanted to make her scape then make her move her cuffs with the Force or some shyt, that way when she takes Luke's lightsaber from Kylo it makes a little more sense...

Stuff like this didn't really bother me that much, I still loved the film, but they could've been a little bit more subtle with Rey's ability with the Force.

I would love to see her fall on her face on Episode VIII. Like, she got too much too soon and thinks she's ready. Luke being like ":whoa: no you are not :ufdup:" and then Rey getting worked because of her past success and over confidence. That way she learns a lesson and becomes a true Jedi Knight for Episode IX.

I think she will get humbled in Ep 8. And I got a bad feeling we will get an "I am your father" moment. I can see that shyt with Leia and Rey right before Kylo kills Leia to "complete his training" from Snoke. Leia reveals she is her mom and that Kylo is her brother.