Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I'm going to this shyt saturday morning 10:30am... like

bubble-gum-support-02.gif

No fukks given... :youngsabo: i dont preorder tickets i come when i want... :birdman:
Did you check to make sure there were still seats? Nothing like arriving ready to go and everything is sold out for the next four showings.

Unless you're planning to be an a$$hole and buy tickets for a different show then walk into Star Wars taking someone else's seat.

Don't do that.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I'm going to this shyt saturday morning 10:30am... like

bubble-gum-support-02.gif

No fukks given... :youngsabo: i dont preorder tickets i come when i want... :birdman:
That's essentially what i did. Actually got into a earlier showing too, did miss the opening crawl though:martin:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I will say this is better than RETURN OF THE JEDI.. but that's just me. NOTHING will top Empire Strikes Back. So it's between this and A New Hope which this movie rehashes things from A New Hope.... A New Hope edges out a bit because it's 100% COMPLETELY original and the movie that not only jump started the franchise, but transformed movies forever. But from a TECHNICAL and PERFORMANCE aspect, this was better paced, better performed, and especially had superior dialogue which always been Lucas' weakness.

Return is my favorite. Empire is my second. This and new hope doing battle for me

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Ohhhhh! Good ole deus ex machina?:ohhh:

The writers can pull stuff out of their ass for her but they couldn't show competence in a character that we know was of an elite class before the events of the film?
Another non-reply

CHL

Superstar
Daps
That is not my gripe. My gripe is that they portray Fin character as a coward but in the trailer they portray him as holding his own. People who seen the movie is saying that he was straight up Hollywood black stereotype. shyt, just kill him off instead of me wasting 2 hrs n $11.70 shacking my head on how White protray us in movies. Racial politics
Finn is not a fukking "coward". You're the one mis-interpreting it like that.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It goes by the whole side kick "black man can't do anything on his own without White guidence" role. Like Django when that dr King dude was the main character and Django didn't know shyt until good ole white man came to teach him, we gotta make our own shyt to see ourselves as Heros and the Cacs are background noise.
:dwillhuh: that's not how he is portrayed In the movie

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Finn probably has the most heroic moments in the movie:mjpls:

Rescues the Resistance's best pilot (Poe)
Kills plenty of Tie fighters with Poe
Kills plenty of Tie fighters with Rey
Saves Rey from the attack on Jakku when he hears the Tie fighters approaching
Comes up with plan to attack new Death Star
Is the reason the shields get dropped at new Death Star
Holds his own with Kylo

And about the non-issue with him wanting to "run away". You can say the same for Rey because when she found that light saber, she wanted no parts of it and "ran away" also...

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I give the film 7 out of 10. Because it rehashed a lot of the plot points of A NEW HOPE. To be completely honest, they are lucky they nailed the Finn character and got Boyega, because Rey couldn't carry this franchise on her own (at least not yet). She was kind of one note, and was propped up needlessly many times in an over bearing way. It's like they were trying to hit us over the head with the SHE'S A FEMALE and she doesn't need men, and she is a badass by herself. There's nothing wrong with just letting her actions show she is the shyt. Too many times they had to layer in the running joke, WOW she knows how to get shyt done and she's a female.

Notice with the HUNGER GAMES, they don't have to hit us over the head that KATNISS is a badass and female. Katniss is one of the greatest female roles for an action heroine. Her actions and choices speak volumes. You believe that men view her as equal, without some underlying commentary. I wish they would've took a page out of Hunger Games when approaching Rey's character. Rey did badass stuff in the movie, we didn't need the constant quips or odd looks every 5 seconds she did something cool from male characters because she is a female.

Yes! Great comparison between why Katniss is believable and Rey was not. I'm a woman and I love strong female leads but all warriors, and sadly especially females battling trained males, have to earn their credibility. I'm not sure Rey did.

I'm hoping she earns some credibility as a Jedi warrior after Luke trains her in the next one.