Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
It was a huge mistake. Definitely made him less imposing. Vader wore his mask for 3 movies. Even just taking it off once for killing Han would have been better. Oh well.

imposing wasn't the point. Rey says "you're just a monster in a mask" and he takes it off almost to say "I'm not a monster" :troll:
It's also good because we needed to see that literally there is nothing wrong with him physically but EVERYTHING wrong with him mentally.
Lastly, being Sith isn't about just being "evil". It's about letting your emotions govern you, allowing anger and sorrow into your heart and mind. Kylo is hella emotional, but if you look on the flip side, during their fight, Rey enters a calm state and becomes almost emotionless.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Give us the in universe reason as to why Finn should have won that particular duel
Give us an explanation as to why Rey was able to win a duel against a far more experienced fighter than her? How much experience in light saber combat did she have before that moment? What training did she undergo?

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Kylo gots alot of conflict. I wonder if Killing Han was some closure.
And seeing Kylo develop over the rest of the trilogy (maybe even 10-12 ? :ohhh:) is going to be dope. First time we will see the actual rise of a Sith in the movies. And remember, not sure if it's still canon but Pre-Vader Anakin was going to be 1.6 times as powerful as Sidious

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Give us an explanation as to why Rey was able to win a battle against a far more experienced fighter than her? What experience in light saber combat did she have before that moment? What training did she undergo?
See like 10 pages back. Post 5501, 5510 and 5512

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Give us an explanation as to why Rey was able to win a duel against a far more experienced fighter than her? How much experience in light saber combat did she have before that moment? What training did she undergo?

Pretty much.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Is this worth seeing in 3D & real Imax, was it shot specifically with those specs, if not I'll stick to 2D

funny i ordered my tickets back in october and got 3D on accident..whole time before the movie started i was :martin::wtb::stopitslime:
but then when it started :gladbron::whoo::blessed:

i want to see it in 2D but that 3D was amazing....they did a really great job with it