Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Nice deflection. Jar Jar? fukk outta here. Most untrained force sensitives, let alone someone like OT Han wouldn't have gone as well as Finn did with a lightsaber against Kylo Ren. OT Han would have been destroyed in 5 seconds.

That is not my gripe. My gripe is that they portray Fin character as a coward but in the trailer they portray him as holding his own. People who seen the movie is saying that he was straight up Hollywood black stereotype. shyt, just kill him off instead of me wasting 2 hrs n $11.70 shacking my head on how White protray us in movies. Racial politics

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
next movie should go in depth on Knights of Ren, Kylo's fall, Snoke. I think 8 is going to be real dark.
That kinda bothered me a little because

if Obi Wan can show up after he's dead and talk to Luke when he's beginning his training. And at ROTJ we see Anakin being one with the Force too, why the fukk did no one appear to Ben Solo to try avoid him going with Snoke? Like, dude is asking his grandpa to show him stuff and Anakin could've showed up with :ufdup: don't be a moron, go back to your family

That's why I needed more backstory on Ben becoming Kylo because dude was weak minded but it's not like he didn't have any support around him. What did Snoke do? :damn:

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
And seeing Kylo develop over the rest of the trilogy (maybe even 10-12 ? :ohhh:) is going to be dope. First time we will see the actual rise of a Sith in the movies. And remember, not sure if it's still canon but Pre-Vader Anakin was going to be 1.6 times as powerful as Sidious

after what Rey did to him he's going to be out for blood. Kylo gonna be a bad ass

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
imposing wasn't the point. Rey says "you're just a monster in a mask" and he takes it off almost to say "I'm not a monster" :troll:
It's also good because we needed to see that literally there is nothing wrong with him physically but EVERYTHING wrong with him mentally.
Lastly, being Sith isn't about just being "evil". It's about letting your emotions govern you, allowing anger and sorrow into your heart and mind. Kylo is hella emotional, but if you look on the flip side, during their fight, Rey enters a calm state and becomes almost emotionless.

Right, I know. Neither Anakin or Vader were pure evil, that's what made them interesting. But as far as Kylo is concerned there was a disconnect between intent and impact. His angry dude with mental issues schitck just didn't make sense. What was fueling his anger? Why did he hate Han so much or turn on Luke? Was he just born mentally off? Did Han do something? There was no attention to his development or motivations, so we only get to see his tantrums and his broody pouty face but they rang hollow and came across as the actions of a bratty child not a potential Sith. He just didn't work for me.:yeshrug:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Ohhhhh! Good ole deus ex machina?:ohhh:

The writers can pull stuff out of their ass for her but they couldn't show competence in a character that we know was of an elite class before the events of the film?

Remember, white characters know everything before they even done the act.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Got half my team out of office for half the day. We're heading to go see it now :ahh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't discount it just because it's a plot device. And there's a huge difference between "coward" and "wanting to run" (at that point).
Exactly . He was a fugitive from the first order of course he wants to run from them and he owns up to his past
Good to see most were satisfied. Be interesting to see how this one will hold up amongst fans a year from now.
I think this movie will be helped or hurt by the next part of the trilogy

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Okkkkkk

So like I said 3/5

List of things I liked and disliked sorry if it doesn't make sense spelling errors I'm tired lol

• The movie was way to convienent for the audience and the characters
  • It FELT like a Disney film
  • Kylo was dope as fukk in the beginning dudes whole intro to the film was dope as fukk.
  • Rey was great but too many plot holes dealing with her character
  • How did she know that Jedi mind trick when she was captured?
  • How did she handle that saber perfectly out of nowhere at the end?
  • I'm mad they had the dudes from the raid in there and they were used poorly
  • Finn is a better character than what I thought but you could have removed him from the film and it wouldn't have made a difference.
  • Why didn't Kylo not kill Finn when he had the chance?
  • Why did Kylo keep taking off his damn mask? It ruined his mysteriousness
  • Why the fukk does this nikka look like a mix between a young Keanu Reeves and marylin Manson
  • This nikka Finn did all of that to get fukking friend zoned :dahell:
  • His whole motivation is her, stupid!
  • How this nikka get bodied by a storm trooper but then manage to do pretty well against Kylo in the end?
  • I do think Finn is force sensitive
  • The film was predictable as fukk
  • There were no scenes that stuck in my head
  • Bb8 and Poe were great characters
  • You mean to tell me that this film took place in the span of 2 days? :dahell:
  • This film is an average movie covered in hype and nostalgia
  • Your movie is only as good as your villian and Kylo was just terrible
  • How the fukk Kylo stopped a beam earlier in the film but then got hit by chewie after killing Han? :what:
  • I get it this is a trilogy but I could've swore jj said he was trying to make it standalone as much as possible and it seemed like more of intro then anything else.
  • Snoke was cool but i don't know enough to say anymore than that.
  • How the hell did all of these storm troopers get bodied so easily if they a raised from birth to be these perfect solders?
  • How did Finn even know what was "right" and "wrong" when he made his decisions in the beginning of the film?
  • The movie didn't make me care but instead just kept telling the audience to rehash old feelings for something you remember from a long time ago.
  • The only scene in the entire film where I felt something was when Finn had turned on the saber to fight Kylo. I thought we was in for a epic fight but shyt had a spark when it started :camby:
  • They had look looking like Moses n shyt :dead:
  • Idk if I was a kid maybe I would have liked the film more and plus I'm not a diehard fan like that more casual