Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It recouped and profited. How's that a flop.

I don't think you know what a flop is. It's a movir that a doesn't make its money back and make a profit for the studio
It flopped bruh. You have to take into account the millions they spent on marketing too.

Even Will said it was the most painful failure of his career. So ask him if think the flick flopped.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Tragic thing is the last time one of "Us" tried to put on and do something like that. It got absolutely shytted on (After Earth) and not even WE supported the brother Will Smith.

His FIRST flopped movie is the one starring a Black Father, who is heroic, courageous, and intelligent attempting to reconcile with his son while the son learns to overcome fear.

I agree with you breh, but at the same time to be fair, it was directed by M Night Shyamalan and he's been catching critical bricks consistently for the past several years. Can't blame folks for not wanting to see it. It was given meh reviews both professionally and word of mouth, and it wasn't all cism. We definitely should support our own, but we also need to support quality work too.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
It recouped and profited. How's that a flop.

I don't think you know what a flop is. It's a movir that a doesn't make its money back and make a profit for the studio

It didn't really recoup though. The general standard now is that a movie has to make 2x what the budget is to make up for the advertising and all the extra shyt

Hollywood accounting is a greasy practice, so by your definition Return of the Jedi is a flop since there's still no "studio profits" from that movie

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I'm sure. This mad though. Thought he was gonna be soft and cowardly at first but that it was just the start of an arc that would see him man up and become a jedi :francis:
In the next episode he will be killing storm troopers left and right. And we will all rejoice :
I agree with you breh, but at the same time to be fair, it was directed by M Night Shyamalan and he's been catching critical bricks consistently for the past several years. Can't blame folks for not wanting to see it. It was given meh reviews both professionally and word of mouth, and it wasn't all cism. We definitely should support our own, but we also need to support quality work too.
Still can't understand how Shamalamalan was picked to direct. :snoop: film was only 90 mins long. Such a terrible waste of film that could have been good if written and executed correctly. Actually I kind of liked the original idea which was non scifi, with them being in a car accident in the wilderness or some shyt.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
- Finn: racist stereotype of the comic relief blackman, at one point he even gives a droid the 'nicca please' ('droid please') :troll:

:laff:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point.

He tries fighting Kylo Ren to protect Rey, once he gets in a shot Kylo goes ham on him - stabs him in the shoulder, throws him around a bit and finally slashes his entire back.

This KO's Finn.

Rey saves him, but leaves him unconscious with the Resistance (Leia's group) and gives him a kiss on the forehead :pachaha:
Oh I already knew the storyline reason.

I'm talking about what is the PLOT reasoning behind this? Why end the movie in THAT way? It doesn't even sound like a natural way to end the character.

It seems kinda like a cop-out to me. They didn't want to have to deal with actually resolving whatever their relationship was meant to be, and we don't want to have to explain why he wouldn't follow her to Luke like Chewie did, so, leave him in a critical condition so we don't have to deal with it.

It reeks of a character that is a plot device.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah well I mean this movie is the first in Finns character arc so it makes more sense that he's not all the way in badass mode.

If it's already confirmed he's not force sensitive (idk and don't want to tryna avoid spoilers) that's kindve beat but don't see the big deal. To a lot of people Han Solo and Lando are the coolest motherfukkers in the series and neither is force sensitive. So if Boyega kills his part which by all accounts he is, I think he'll be ok.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Help us Chadwick, you're our only hope :mjcry:
Fixed :mjcry:

Tragic thing is the last time one of "Us" tried to put on and do something like that. It got absolutely shytted on (After Earth) and not even WE supported the brother Will Smith.

His FIRST flopped movie is the one starring a Black Father, who is heroic, courageous, and intelligent attempting to reconcile with his son while the son learns to overcome fear.
Got damn :wow: man the coli ripped it apart and that's one of the reasons I was so late on seeing it but it wasn't even that bad.

Damn we missed a chance with that one. We gonna be side kicks to Daisey and Jenn Law for the next ten years minimum :mjcry:

And get told, be patient the character arc is coming :mjcry:

They ain't fooling us, they gonna have Finn as black Peeta to Daisys Katniss :mjcry:

I always thought the chick was heralded as the "lead" :patrice:, maybe if you're talking about the previews (which I personally don't put much stock in), I understand then (dude wielding the light saber, and even then he looked pretty uncomfortable in the previews).

I was just reading the past five or six pages and folks are in knot over dude. Like, he was the only reason why they were checking out a Star Wars film just to see "Finn":pachaha:, someone that doesn't even have background to "critique" on. I hope coli posters weren't expecting dude to be Nat Turner of the force:pachaha:.

Thanks for the clarification breh.

@Roman Brady called it tho that every trailer scene he looked overwhelmed or was sweating out of breath etc. he got trashed but he was right. We just wasn't trying to hear him tho :mjcry:

Last edited: