Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Darth Humanist I had you on ignore for some reason. I don't remember why, I don't think it had anything to do with this thread though. No hard feelings?....:steviej:

All I can do is give ya a rep....:yeshrug:

I gotta know...

What's up with the janitor thing? I've heard it's played for laughs. Did it feel problematic to you?
hmm
They didn't GAF when all that was going down. That need for racists money is strong
Doesn't what they did to Finn just reinforce that gatekeeping mentality though
Finn is just the sidekick his only stake in the conflict is rey
haha look at him lying, getting bodied and going into a coma such a great character
Did you see the movie ?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
1. He doesn't go down immediately. And he actually manages to strike and partially wound Kylo Ren. To me he showed alot of potential.

2. Yes

3. Finn and Poe appear to be becoming really good friends. That scene is actually not when they first meet up. When see other they run up and hug :heh:and are very glad to see each other. Poe thanks Finn for completing his (Poe's) mission.

4. Unfortunately the Academy scenes were very minimal. Just the Luke/R2 scene,what we see in the trailer of the KOR, and Kylo Ren stabbing someone. Oh and Rey being dropped of at Jakku at like 5 years old.
1. The very time he uses (he is told to use it like 10 seconds before he has to) it against the stormtrooper with the anti-lightsaber weapon, he uses it pretty fluently and lasts a while but the trooper does have to be shot by Han. Given that he literally just picked it up it's not a major deal though. He does take out another trooper initially with the Saber and several with the blaster though.

2. It's not clear at the end. All we can see is Rey cares alot about Finn but there's no explict admission of feelings for him or a definitive moment.

3.Again it's difficult to tell at this stage. I'd say yes. Ask me that question again in 2 hours for a clearer response though :patrice:

That's some good context regarding Finn. Props for sharing.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@Darth Humanist I had you on ignore for some reason. I don't remember why, I don't think it had anything to do with this thread though. No hard feelings?....:steviej:

I gotta know...

What's up with the janitor thing? I've heard it's played for laughs. Did it feel problematic to you?
Yeah it is played in that way. I don't see why they had to put that line in, it was :yeshrug:, but it was minor and inconsequential and no one mentioned it again after that. I assume many First Order cadets must have roles similair those before their first assignment. If Finn was an elite trooper during training and was still assigned to that others must have been as well

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Wait you saw it ? You seem to have mellowed some

@Darth Humanist
how long is his and Ren's fight

Naw, I just read a lot about it at this point. I mean, everything is out there now, I'm just trying to get some minor points cleared up from a direct source. And :dead: at you still going at it with people and fishing for a concession. Breh, we're just gonna have to agree-to-disagree.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Yeah it is played in that way. I don't see why they had to put that line in, it was :yeshrug:, but it was minor and inconsequential and no one mentioned it again after that. I assume many First Order cadets must have roles similair those before their first assignment. If Finn was an elite trooper during training and was still assigned to that others must have been as well
I really wish they changed that.

Can you also clear up this

COMA thing?

Some people are saying it's a legit coma. Like, he's veggie-status.

Others are implying that it's more like critical-condition. That he's just really fukked up, and rather than waking him, Rey kisses him on the forehead and leaves.

Can you explain this scene in a bit of detail? All the way down to how Finn physically looks. Does he have like, tubes and shyt sticking out of him? Is he bandaged up? Does she say anything to him?

I just don't understand why they would end the movie like that. It doesn't appear to serve a plot purpose UNLESS it's a coma. If he's just fukked up...why not give them a true good-bye?

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.

I gotta know...

i actually finally found out who that fgt is Darth humanist is some cac from Australia...

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Can you also clear up this

COMA thing?

Some people are saying it's a legit coma. Like, he's veggie-status.

Others are implying that it's more like critical-condition. That he's just really fukked up, and rather than waking him, Rey kisses him on the forehead and leaves.

Can you explain this scene in a bit of detail? All the way down to how Finn physically looks. Does he have like, tubes and shyt sticking out of him? Is he bandaged up? Does she say anything to him?

I just don't understand why they would end the movie like that. It doesn't appear to serve a plot purpose UNLESS it's a coma. If he's just fukked up...why not give them a true good-bye?

There was zero tubes or medical equipment. Finn didn't seem like he was in a coma, merely badly wounded. No injuries of his were shown (and the injuries were a slash across his back and the crossguard wounding his shoulder). We just saw his face and front.

She says she knows they will see each other again. I think Rey left him immediately because it was just essential that she went to find Luke right away.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They didn't GAF when all that was going down. That need for racists money is strong
Doesn't what they did to Finn just reinforce that gatekeeping mentality though
]
that's basically the gist of my post, it is 2015 and a large part of why ppl bought into SW having a black main character (as ludicrous as it sounds) is that this is a new day and we are suppose to be moving forward as a society. Then we see the slew of anger over a couple of trailers when in reality Those ppl had nothing to worry about Because we are getting the same hero as always just a different gender this time

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Darth Humanist

Was it weird watching a Star Wars movie without the opening 20th Century Fox theme and logo:mjcry:

How did you feel about BB8? It kind of seems like he'll be a replace,don't for R2D2. which character does he end up with?

How does Finn wind up with the lightsaber if it's Rey who discovers it?

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
:mjcry:I bet this movie is so overhyped that its bound to be a let down, Im getting those Avengers 2 feels

damm.png :damm:

We are Groot!