Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Nah it's just more accurate in its calculations. RT grades things as either negative or positive. On RT a 9\10 is seen as positive but so is a 6\10. And all of it's lumped together in one pile.

Metacritic on the other hand, would use both scores and find the average and use that average as the overall score. Far more accurate.
No one is expecting critical excellence. RT does a good job to show whether a picture sucks or doesn't suck. Very few people think this one sucks. Very few think it is great. Most everyone thinks it is good and are excited for what is to come which is all anyone can ask for after the bullshyt prequel trilogy.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep saying that, but it's not the case.

There's a big different from being Batman...and "c00n" (I kinda dislike that you think all these critiques are exclusive to racial issues. Some of them are, but remember that people were looking forward to the character for other reasons as well).

Regardless, he's not a "stepin-fetchit", but he is *clearly* another black character with major caveats

I'm not seeing many.

Every forum I've looked at has been concerned about his characterization. Peep that thread I posted on the last page. It's elsewhere as well. Reddit. The Boston Globe review. Twitter people last night.

Most are down on Finn right now. He doesn't make an impact here. Everyone glowing over Rey.
Of the new characters, Kylo Ren was the most compelling to me – his rage, once we understand who he is, feels justified, and Adam Driver gives Kylo Ren an emotional heart that betrays his dark, threatening exterior. John Boyega gives so much heart and charm to Finn that you can’t help to root for him. The same goes to Daisy Ridley’s Rey, saddled with a mysterious past, but imbued with innate goodness and light. Rey is as much a heroine as Leia was, and a joy to watch. Same for Oscar Isaac, who takes as much excitement flying an X-Wing as Han Solo does flying the Millennium Falcon.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Breh you're asking us to kick rocks because you've read positive reviews of a film you haven't seen.

:what:
You all are worried based on tweets and rumors at least I'm basing my opinion on people who have actually seen the movie, the reviews I've skimmed praise boyega more than anyone

Pseudo

All Star
Daps

Yea it's getting positive reviews I know that. I'm pointing out his blatant hypocrisy.

We're reading stuff about Finn being a loveable coward, we don't like that. Now he's getting on our backs saying we should wait on the film, cool but he's doing the same thing when he's asking us to kick rocks because he's seeing positive reviews of the film.

None of us have seen the film mind you. But he can tell us to kick rocks off the strength of positive reviews but we can't voice our concern over Finn after reading the same reviews.

From the review you posted:

Boyega has this great combination of self-interested fear and reluctant heroism
:stopitslime:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I need that collider review!

I need to see my baby Tiffany smith :noah:
I forgot who but somebody said boyega killed it :blessed:

Yea it's getting positive reviews I know that. I'm pointing out his blatant hypocrisy.

We're reading stuff about Finn being a loveable coward, we don't like that. Now he's getting on our backs saying we should wait on the film, cool but he's doing the same thing when he's asking us to kick rocks because he's seeing positive reviews of the film.

None of us have seen the film mind you. But he can tell us to kick rocks off the strength of positive reviews but we can't voice our concern over Finn after reading the same reviews.

From the review you posted:

Boyega has this great combination of self-interested fear and reluctant heroism
:stopitslime:
:lupe:

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You all are worried based on tweets and rumors at least I'm basing my opinion on people who have actually seen the movie, the reviews I've skimmed praise boyega more than anyone
Similar to how they praised the drug dealing performance of Denzel or the prostitute performance of Halle? :mjpls:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Nah it's just more accurate in its calculations. RT grades things as either negative or positive. On RT a 9\10 is seen as positive but so is a 6\10. And all of it's lumped together in one pile.

Which is why RT also shows you the average score out of 10