Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I guess if he's not luke he's a jobber

Breh...I respect your willingness to keep up the fight, but honestly, at this point, I don't see how ANYONE who was excited to see this brutha in the movie can't be feeling massively betrayed right now.

Dude...they joke about him being a garbageman.

This is all so disappointing to me.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Breh...I respect your willingness to keep up the fight, but honestly, at this point, I don't see how ANYONE who was excited to see this brutha in the movie can't be feeling massively betrayed right now.

or the fact that he cant do shyt for himself but when it involves a white women(cave bytch) all of a sudden he is brave :martin: or the fact he would bullshyt for her

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

"facilitates between Noble impulse and Cowardice...

Yea I'm leaning towards fukk this movie. My enthusiasm is gone

The D-List Vet

Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Exactly. It's baffling my mind that there are actually BLACK posters on this site claiming that they don't see any issue with the BLATANT misdirection of marketing that's gone since this movie's casting was announced.

Like there isn't a HISTORY of the metaphorical castration of black characters (especially black MALE characters) when it comes to representation in Hollywood media.

If this were a typical Star Wars movie with two white leads then it would be par for the course, there wouldn't be any reason to get up in arms it would just be another "White Man saves the Galaxy" that we've seen ad nauseum since forever.

HOWEVER

Since the beginning of the casting leaks it's been marketed that John Boyega was the LEAD of the movie

'Star Wars Episode VII': Actors Battle for Lead Role (EXCLUSIVE)

THEN we get the first trailer. With the words spoken "there's been an awakening...have you felt it?"

Whose the FIRST persons face you see? BOYEGA!

ok this in itself doesn't truly mean anything, but it could be directly implied that the awakening in question would be the BOYEGA's "male lead" who you are seeing I'm character for the first time.

Then we get the Twitter teaser confirming BOYEGA's Finn with the lightsaber, about to battle Kylo Ren, again this could be construed as the MALE LEAD battling the known antagonist.

Then we get the third trailer. All types of allusions and symbols pointing towards Finn. Han's voice speaking on the existence of the "The Jedi" while a close up of Finn walking is displayed. The entire trailer is focused HEAVILY on Finn from showing the beginning of his desertion from the storm troopers, meeting with Rey, and traveling with Han Solo. Then you get the final clip confirming AGAIN Finn's battle with Kylo with the closing dialogue of "the force is calling you...just let it in..."

As I stated earlier NO character in the Star Wars movies besides General Grevious has gone to BATTLE with a lightsaber and not turned out to be Force Sensitive. After that trailer we've got Finn not just battling Kylo, but a Storm Trooper as well.

So now we've got marketing pointing towards Finn as the Lead and Finn battling multiple times with a lightsaber. An actual BLACK lead who WASNT a stereotypically dumb, unheroic brute, or gets his ass kicked and killed (Windu) or is a treacherous coward (Lando).

But NOW we're at the home stretch and their turning the tables? Finn is now the sidekick to Rey? (Not co-star) Finn is scared and running for half the movie and needs the calm, heroic Cac bytch to continually save him? Finn carries a lightsaber, battles with it, only to get his ass kicked and have the Cac bytch step up and use the force? We're right back to square fukking one? Naw fukk that shyt:camby: I ain't got time to sit through another "White Man/Woman's Journey" of self discovery and inner heroism...

I will, of course, reserve full judgement until I've seen the movie and/or I decide to read a leaked plot synopsis when the movie premieres, but if any nerfing of Finn's character goes down to prop up the White Hero dynamic then I'm not fukking with Star Wars anymore. And that's entirely MY decision I'm not trying to shame any die hard Star Wars fans on here to boycott the film, but I find it shameful, and downright c00nish to even attempt to deny the absolute repulsive bullshyt that this type of bait and switch would imply.
Mace Windu in the movies was killed in 2.5 seconds by whiny ass Anakin and the Emperor.

Lando betrayed Han Solo out of fear and cowardice in Empire Strikes Back, felt guilty and had to suffer from Chewie choking him and Leia insulting him to "redeem" his character.

And you know what, it is what it is. Those movies weren't marketed around either character and there was no misdirection around who the true heroes of the saga were.

But THIS time around. There was CLEAR marketing surrounding John BOYEGA's character as the lead, who wielded a Lightsaber and was (assumedly) going to end up force sensitive. I already posted all the examples and allusions to such in my previous post, including the fact that NO human character in the movies has ever weilded a Saber in battle and not turned out Force Sensitive. It's down right insulting to turn around and have the black character, the black LEAD be nothing more than the side kick to the white female. And you can miss me with that "female representation" argument because I could care less about another white woman being a hero just as less as another white man, I simply don't care, there's no debate for me regarding that.

Bump these two because these are some really good post... everyone was coming at @Ziggiy when he was right

The D-List Vet

Daps
Reppin
Coli.
He isn't, he is the white chick's bytch.
and if i am guessing right Poe is going to be Han and Finn is just :francis: i dont even know why they are making Finn have one sided feelings for this bytch when its going to be Poe and Rey :snoop: i am 100% sure they will have poe and rey get together