Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
New info regarding Han

SGezo7g.jpg
VXSjMnI.jpg

this book is going to release this week?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember Idris Elba saying he never saw The Wire.:dwillhuh:

i remember when picard was on a late night tv show, maybe leno but he was talking about how he was in a hotel and watching star trek next generation and when the person came into his room with his food and saw that he was picard it was awkard as fuk. maybe thats why actors dont watch their sh!t

:patrice:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I rewatched the original trilogy this past weekend...ROTJ is still my favorite...Seeing Jabba for the first time and Luke kill the Rancor and Vader tossing Palps and his face being uncovered and then being buried with that music >>>>>>>>> *

I dont understand why ESB is considered better...

I didnt even mention the GOAT final battle scene in space which is the best of any in the series...

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I rewatched the original trilogy this past weekend...ROTJ is still my favorite...Seeing Jabba for the first time and Luke kill the Rancor and Vader tossing Palps and his face being uncovered and then being buried with that music >>>>>>>>> *

I dont understand why ESB is considered better...

I didnt even mention the GOAT final battle scene in space which is the best of any in the series...

Jedi, when it's good...is GREAT. That last half an hour pretty much saves the film, and was a perfect ending to the franchise....but the rest of it is actually pretty poor.

Han and Leia acting completely out of character.

That pretty horrible scene between Luke and Leia. Carrie Fisher...oh my, she musta been coked outta her damn mind.

C3P0 doing goofy shyt in the forest.

Opening sequence is somewhat jarring as well. It feels like a Firefly episode or something...now, I loved Firefly, but the Jabba sequence has always felt extremely out of place, and after saving Han, it's completely inconsequential for the rest of the movie. Always thought they should have found a way to work his rescue more into the rest of the plot.

Lando is the only rebel who comes off well to be honest. I also liked Yoda's final appearance. And like I said, the final space fight, as well as Luke confronting Vader, is golden.

But breh...Empire is just *perfect* storytelling. Plotting, tone, pace. Every single scene in it is iconic. Yoda's wisdom. Luke's conflict between staying or leaving. A romance that actually feels real and is fun to watch. Vader just lording over every single person he talks to. It's marvelous.

And honestly, Luke/Vader 1 > Luke/Vader 2

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
But breh...Empire is just *perfect* storytelling. Plotting, tone, pace. Every single scene in it is iconic. Yoda's wisdom. Luke's conflict between staying or leaving. A romance that actually feels real and is fun to watch. Vader just lording over every single person he talks to. It's marvelous.
empire is legit a top ten film ever.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Jedi, when it's good...is GREAT. That last half an hour pretty much saves the film, and was a perfect ending to the franchise....but the rest of it is actually pretty poor.

Han and Leia acting completely out of character.

That pretty horrible scene between Luke and Leia. Carrie Fisher...oh my, she musta been coked outta her damn mind.

C3P0 doing goofy shyt in the forest.

Opening sequence is somewhat jarring as well. It feels like a Firefly episode or something...now, I loved Firefly, but the Jabba sequence has always felt extremely out of place, and after saving Han, it's completely inconsequential for the rest of the movie. Always thought they should have found a way to work his rescue more into the rest of the plot.

Lando is the only rebel who comes off well to be honest. I also liked Yoda's final appearance. And like I said, the final space fight, as well as Luke confronting Vader, is golden.

And honestly, Luke/Vader 1 > Luke/Vader 2

How is the Jabba sequence out of place,that entire part of the movie was set up at the end of ESB...You knew at the end of it when Fett took him away that ROTJ was gonna feature some kind of confrontation between Lando/Chewbacca/Luke and Jabba...Like i said only thing i didnt like about that scene was how they did Boba...

I preferred the Vader/Luke/Emperor confrontation at the end of ROTJ...thats the entire plot of the trilogy in that scene...You found out everything about Vader and the prophecy...

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
I would like ROTJ a lot more if they had stuck to the original plan of having Endor be inhabited by escaped Wookiee slaves instead of Ewoks. And if they had used a different cinematographer. ESB's cinematography is GOAT, ROTJ is very much by-the-numbers (like most of ROTJ).