Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department

How is the Jabba sequence out of place,that entire part of the movie was set up at the end of ESB...You knew at the end of it when Fett took him away that ROTJ was gonna feature some kind of confrontation between Lando/Chewbacca/Luke and Jabba...Like i said only thing i didnt like about that scene was how they did Boba...

I preferred the Vader/Luke/Emperor confrontation at the end of ROTJ...thats the entire plot of the trilogy in that scene...You found out everything about Vader and the prophecy...

It just *feels* off.

Yeah, they eventually had to save Han, but it was not worked into the rest of the story in a meaningful way. They just save him an "welp, that's the end of a major character conflict", moving on.

As noted, Han is damn near a completely different person (And Harrison phoned it in the whole movie). "I'm out of it for a bit and now everyone has delusions of grandeur". "You're gonna die here ya know". I've heard some chalk this up to him still being dizzy from the carbon freezing, but he's whimsical throughout the entire movie.

I can understand prefering the Jedi duel to the Empire duel. That's more a matter of personal preference. I love their final confrontation. I just think that Empire was a tad bit more cerebral. "The Force is with you young Skywalker...:whoo:....but you are not a Jedi yet....:troll:"

It was also *considerably* more visually impressive.

chTZT0P.gif

Although I will admit, this sequence was one of the most emotional in the series :

sjcnZeh.gif

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup, the cinematography in ESB is like GOAT type stuff. The silhouette of Vader and Luke. When the Falcon picks up Luke and they are escaping Bespin. The AT-AT attack. Iconic look. The emotions were at their height and not corny at all. The escape through the asteroid field. The Luke vs Vader fight. Vader is trying to kill that boy with those wild swings. He was givin him that verbal ether at the same time. The order in which I saw them was ANH, ROTJ, then ESB. Once I saw ESB, the others were in the back seat permanently. I love the battle of endor in ROTJ. I love from the Death Star on in ANH. I love ESB all the way through, everytime.

As far as spoilers, to me its all about execution. I knew what was coming in Creed and the movie just made me forget that I knew. I just like to know. Surprises are for movies I don't care about. The discussion is far too much fun to skip on movies like this. Especially fun if a lot of plot hasn't been spoiled. Just part of the experience for me. In contrast, I probably don't care about spoilers for BatvsSupes or ID4k or whatever. If I was a huge fan, I would enjoy those discussions.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Brehs can y'all explain what "Force Sensitive" means?
The ability to sense and use the force.

All Jedi's must be Force Sensitive, but not all Force Sensitives become Jedi's.

In the OT, it seemed as though FS was strictly magical/mystical. But in TPM, George Lucas famously added the midi-chlorians aspect to it. So now, it does seem as though FS may be at least partially hereditary, or at the very least, the force itself must "choose" to give you a high midi-chlorian count for you to be able to have a connection to the force. Anakin Skywalker had the highest recorded MC count in history (Although, in the *old* EU, he was said to have lost a significant amount when he lost his limbs).

Force-sensitive
Midi-chlorian

And what a coincidence, I was just about to post this new interview :

STAR WARS' FINN Meets MARVEL's IRON MAN -- And Wants To Be SPIDER-MAN

Boyega was asked about the conspicious absence of Luke Skywalker (played by Mark Hamill) in virtually all of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailers and marketing material

"Luke is not there for a reason. You have to trust the makers, the powers that be," said Boyega. "Luke is mysterious for a very big, major reason and it’s going to be cool."

When asked if his character would become a Jedi, Boyega was coy but did say that someone new would take on the robes.

"[Finn] is definitely a trained warrior. Jedis are a part of myth and a part of legend," said the actor. "In the trailer, we see Han Solo say, 'It’s true, it’s real. All of it.' It’ll be good to see who helms the Jedi role. That’ll be cool."

Edit : Also this :

*sigh*

So fukking pissed they did this.

@Ziggiy

Breh I'm fukking gutted. Honestly kills a lot of my enthusiasm for this new trilogy. fukking bait-and-switch, misdirection shyt.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The ability to sense and use the force.

All Jedi's must be Force Sensitive, but not all Force Sensitives become Jedi's.

In the OT, it seemed as though FS was strictly magical/mystical. But in TPM, George Lucas famously added the midi-chlorians aspect to it. So now, it does seem as though FS may be at least partially hereditary, or at the very least, the force itself must "choose" to give you a high midi-chlorian count for you to be able to have a connection to the force. Anakin Skywalker had the highest recorded MC count in history (Although, in the *old* EU, he was said to have lost a significant amount when he lost his limbs).

Force-sensitive
Midi-chlorian

And what a coincidence, I was just about to post this new interview :

STAR WARS' FINN Meets MARVEL's IRON MAN -- And Wants To Be SPIDER-MAN

Edit : Also this :

*sigh*

So fukking pissed they did this.

@Ziggiy

Breh I'm fukking gutted. Honestly kills a lot of my enthusiasm for this new trilogy. fukking bait-and-switch, misdirection shyt.

Not ready to give up hope yet breh. I still cannot FATHOM Finn being the first person to ever weird a lightsaber in battle and NOT turn out to be force sensitive. It would be Absurd and insulting

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not ready to give up hope yet breh. I still cannot FATHOM Finn being the first person to ever weird a lightsaber in battle and NOT turn out to be force sensitive. It would be Absurd and insulting

Grievous. Not to mention a few in Clone Wars. Focus on the whole trilogy, not just this movie. We don't know where it goes with him. Not to mention, he can't say anything even if he is. Leia ended up force sensitive later in the trilogy. Not saying he will or won't, but we don't know what's up. Dude could end up a Knights of Ren spy for all we know

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Well...we'll know in like 3 or 4 hours.

People will be popping up with reviews/synopsis.

But I think it's over.

There has been a TON of backtracking the past ~week or so.

All of a sudden...he's talking about Finn being the "normal guy" "the Han" "just a stormtrooper" etc. I think they probably saw that Kenya Barris article and said :whoa: