Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you dont have your tickets already shame on you, and with that shame on me for not scooping some up yep, hopefully i can catch it within the first 4 days or so of its release

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I said gender discrimination, which includes "white" women but obviously applies to all "groups" of women. I see you conveniently twisted that point.

"Includes"? it's White Women by default ya clown :mjlol:

Don't tell me you actually think discussions about "women" or "gender" in Hollywood have anything to do with anyone but White Woman and their struggles :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Don't tell me you actually think discussions about "women" or "gender" in Hollywood have anything to do with anyone but White Woman and their struggles :mjlol:

Some people just got to have it spoon fed to them breh.

White women haven't had it bad AT all when it comes to their cinematic depictions in sci-fi/fantasy movies

Going back to the OG Star Wars in 77 Leia is depicted as smart, strong, brave, and tenacious.

Lord Of The Rings- White Woman saves the day in Fellowship by saving Frodo and the Hobbits early in the film
Return Of The King- White Woman heroically battles and defeats the Witch King
The Hobbit- A White woman character is created SPECIFICALLY for the movie and portrayed as strong, brave, and cunning

The MCU is chalk full of strong, heroic women including Black Widow, Wasp, Lady Sif, and Pepper Potts, who ALL at some point save the day. (While Terrence Howard is fired for wanting the salary he SIGNED for and replaced with Don Cheadle, because all black people look the same:mjpls:. Don's Rhodey is of course relegated to the conventional side kick role and gets his ass kicked while Pepper Potts, a goddamn assistant secretary saves the day in the suit)

Scarlett Johanssenn just starred in Lucy, a sci-fi movie that just grossed $400 million

Jennifer Lawrence just starred in the final Hunger Games, a Fantasy franchise that's been considered one of the most lucrative in cinematic history.

Gal Gadot will be starring in Batman Vs Superman and is shooting her own Wonder Woman movie.

Again, you can miss me with the "poor white woman's lack of cinematic portrayal" because that argument is complete and utter bullshyt and only a c00n would fix his fingers to type that crap.

I, personally, have no interest in watching another White Man/Woman's heroic journey, ESPECIALLY when all the marketing up to THIS point has focused on the supposed heroism of the black character. It would be different if it was par for the course and they casted two white leads, because it's just Hollywood following its status quo, but IF (I say IF because we don't have confirmation quite yet) they have Boyega turn out to be the ONLY human character in the movie canon (the ONLY canon that matters) to wield and battle with a lightsaber to NOT turn out to be force sensitive, and THEN to have be saved by a Cac bytch and end up as her side kick, then fukk Star Wars.

CHL

Superstar
Daps

I'm the one you're conversing with ya clown. Don't come at me talking about other dicussions about gender discrimination.

Stop trying to cloak your bigotry.

@Ziggiy I appreciate you admitting how completely wrong you were on Mace and Lando.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Exactly. It's baffling my mind that there are actually BLACK posters on this site claiming that they don't see any issue with the BLATANT misdirection of marketing that's gone since this movie's casting was announced.

Like there isn't a HISTORY of the metaphorical castration of black characters (especially black MALE characters) when it comes to representation in Hollywood media.

If this were a typical Star Wars movie with two white leads then it would be par for the course, there wouldn't be any reason to get up in arms it would just be another "White Man saves the Galaxy" that we've seen ad nauseum since forever.

HOWEVER

Since the beginning of the casting leaks it's been marketed that John Boyega was the LEAD of the movie

'Star Wars Episode VII': Actors Battle for Lead Role (EXCLUSIVE)

THEN we get the first trailer. With the words spoken "there's been an awakening...have you felt it?"

Whose the FIRST persons face you see? BOYEGA!

ok this in itself doesn't truly mean anything, but it could be directly implied that the awakening in question would be the BOYEGA's "male lead" who you are seeing I'm character for the first time.

Then we get the Twitter teaser confirming BOYEGA's Finn with the lightsaber, about to battle Kylo Ren, again this could be construed as the MALE LEAD battling the known antagonist.

Then we get the third trailer. All types of allusions and symbols pointing towards Finn. Han's voice speaking on the existence of the "The Jedi" while a close up of Finn walking is displayed. The entire trailer is focused HEAVILY on Finn from showing the beginning of his desertion from the storm troopers, meeting with Rey, and traveling with Han Solo. Then you get the final clip confirming AGAIN Finn's battle with Kylo with the closing dialogue of "the force is calling you...just let it in..."

As I stated earlier NO character in the Star Wars movies besides General Grevious has gone to BATTLE with a lightsaber and not turned out to be Force Sensitive. After that trailer we've got Finn not just battling Kylo, but a Storm Trooper as well.

So now we've got marketing pointing towards Finn as the Lead and Finn battling multiple times with a lightsaber. An actual BLACK lead who WASNT a stereotypically dumb, unheroic brute, or gets his ass kicked and killed (Windu) or is a treacherous coward (Lando).

But NOW we're at the home stretch and their turning the tables? Finn is now the sidekick to Rey? (Not co-star) Finn is scared and running for half the movie and needs the calm, heroic Cac bytch to continually save him? Finn carries a lightsaber, battles with it, only to get his ass kicked and have the Cac bytch step up and use the force? We're right back to square fukking one? Naw fukk that shyt:camby: I ain't got time to sit through another "White Man/Woman's Journey" of self discovery and inner heroism...

I will, of course, reserve full judgement until I've seen the movie and/or I decide to read a leaked plot synopsis when the movie premieres, but if any nerfing of Finn's character goes down to prop up the White Hero dynamic then I'm not fukking with Star Wars anymore. And that's entirely MY decision I'm not trying to shame any die hard Star Wars fans on here to boycott the film, but I find it shameful, and downright c00nish to even attempt to deny the absolute repulsive bullshyt that this type of bait and switch would imply.
:wow: wish i could @ the right posters but they marketed finn as the lead so they would get us to spend money to watch the movie to support Finn.. and now they are doing a 180 on us and a i bet a lot of our people don't even know that they are making finn the sidekick now :francis: ... and all i got ot say for those black posters defending this shyt
giphy.gif

Or they could be cacs pretending to be black see if they posted in @Prynce thread

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Some of my collectibles arrived today
Hopping on all this Kylo Ren shyt
The rare Black series

The beloved Hasbro 3.75" figure

Pop! Bobble head

The die cast metal Elite series

Talking with spoilers version I aint press shyt on em except light up the saber

My body been ready brehs :blessed:
Gonna be a month or so for my Hot Toys joint they are still in production and don't go out until Jan/Feb 2016
star-wars-kylo-ren-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902538-14.jpg

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
Some people just got to have it spoon fed to them breh.

White women haven't had it bad AT all when it comes to their cinematic depictions in sci-fi/fantasy movies

Going back to the OG Star Wars in 77 Leia is depicted as smart, strong, brave, and tenacious.

Lord Of The Rings- White Woman saves the day in Fellowship by saving Frodo and the Hobbits early in the film
Return Of The King- White Woman heroically battles and defeats the Witch King
The Hobbit- A White woman character is created SPECIFICALLY for the movie and portrayed as strong, brave, and cunning

The MCU is chalk full of strong, heroic women including Black Widow, Wasp, Lady Sif, and Pepper Potts, who ALL at some point save the day. (While Terrence Howard is fired for wanting the salary he SIGNED for and replaced with Don Cheadle, because all black people look the same:mjpls:. Don's Rhodey is of course relegated to the conventional side kick role and gets his ass kicked while Pepper Potts, a goddamn assistant secretary saves the day in the suit)

Scarlett Johanssenn just starred in Lucy, a sci-fi movie that just grossed $400 million

Jennifer Lawrence just starred in the final Hunger Games, a Fantasy franchise that's been considered one of the most lucrative in cinematic history.

Gal Gadot will be starring in Batman Vs Superman and is shooting her own Wonder Woman movie.

Again, you can miss me with the "poor white woman's lack of cinematic portrayal" because that argument is complete and utter bullshyt and only a c00n would fix his fingers to type that crap.

I, personally, have no interest in watching another White Man/Woman's heroic journey, ESPECIALLY when all the marketing up to THIS point has focused on the supposed heroism of the black character. It would be different if it was par for the course and they casted two white leads, because it's just Hollywood following its status quo, but IF (I say IF because we don't have confirmation quite yet) they have Boyega turn out to be the ONLY human character in the movie canon (the ONLY canon that matters) to wield and battle with a lightsaber to NOT turn out to be force sensitive, and THEN to have be saved by a Cac bytch and end up as her side kick, then fukk Star Wars.

My sentiments exactly.

Plus, back in the early-to-mid 2000's, there was a push for action films led by "Strong female protagonists". This push included Elektra, Aeon Flux, Catwoman, the Tomb Raider films, the Charlies Angels films, and Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever.

All of these films underperformed or flat out bombed. I wonder why? We keep getting hammered with this idea that women make up most of the film going/tv audience, and are hungry for strong representation, yet we were in this same situation a decade ago, and they didn't go out and support the films they supposedly demand to see. No one really talks about this failed push attempt either. Funny how that works.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm the one you're conversing with ya clown. Don't come at me talking about other dicussions about gender discrimination.

Stop trying to cloak your bigotry.

@Ziggiy I appreciate you admitting how completely wrong you were on Mace and Lando.

You brought up "gender discussions" and interjected into another discussion to bring up that point, I was talking about Kathleen Kennedy and what she's doing with the franchise and how it will affect Boyega's character in the film.

then you came in with the "bu-bu-but white wimmenz are underrepresented" :skip: like I should care FOH :mjlol: