Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish this came out before the movie
BTA_Preview_3.jpg

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mace Windu in the movies was killed in 2.5 seconds by whiny ass Anakin and the Emperor.

Lando betrayed Han Solo out of fear and cowardice in Empire Strikes Back, felt guilty and had to suffer from Chewie choking him and Leia insulting him to "redeem" his character.

And you know what, it is what it is. Those movies weren't marketed around either character and there was no misdirection around who the true heroes of the saga were.

But THIS time around. There was CLEAR marketing surrounding John BOYEGA's character as the lead, who wielded a Lightsaber and was (assumedly) going to end up force sensitive. I already posted all the examples and allusions to such in my previous post, including the fact that NO human character in the movies has ever weilded a Saber in battle and not turned out Force Sensitive. It's down right insulting to turn around and have the black character, the black LEAD be nothing more than the side kick to the white female. And you can miss me with that "female representation" argument because I could care less about another white woman being a hero just as less as another white man, I simply don't care, there's no debate for me regarding that.

You really should be calling out JJ in public

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm trying to give as much benefit of the doubt as possible. Like I said when there's irrefutable proof that Finn's character is going to be on that bullshyt I'll be one of the first ones publicly shytting on the film
u really believe hes going to be a major character?

i doubt it, this whole thing has been weird from the beginning

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I feel like anything short of Jedi for Finn and yall will be disappointed. Do I have to point out the horrible history of Jedi in this story again? I'd rather him be the next Solo who is skilled in many things and able to sacrifice himself time and time again than be a Jedi. The Jedi have turned out to be selfish, deathtraps that never learn from their predecessors. Just like in Clone Wars and Rebels, the real heroes of this saga are the non-Jedi, while the Jedi generally have whiney baby battles about their place in the universe. Anakin and Obi Wan are shown this time and time again, only for Ahsoka to be the only one that gets it. Black excellence would be best served if Finn is out there saving people and getting shyt done instead of going through the flawed angel arc of the Jedi. Hell, Anakin was given a chance to save the Universe and wouldn't. Would rather Finn be someone that would. I bet Chewie would.

To a certain extent this is true, but it isn't really highlighted as such in the movies, as opposed to other star wars media. Him not being a jedi can work just as well if they give him enough screen time and enough character development throughout the trilogy.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Mace Windu in the movies was killed in 2.5 seconds by whiny ass Anakin and the Emperor.

Lando betrayed Han Solo out of fear and cowardice in Empire Strikes Back, felt guilty and had to suffer from Chewie choking him and Leia insulting him to "redeem" his character.

And you know what, it is what it is. Those movies weren't marketed around either character and there was no misdirection around who the true heroes of the saga were.

But THIS time around. There was CLEAR marketing surrounding John BOYEGA's character as the lead, who wielded a Lightsaber and was (assumedly) going to end up force sensitive. I already posted all the examples and allusions to such in my previous post, including the fact that NO human character in the movies has ever weilded a Saber in battle and not turned out Force Sensitive. It's down right insulting to turn around and have the black character, the black LEAD be nothing more than the side kick to the white female. And you can miss me with that "female representation" argument because I could care less about another white woman being a hero just as less as another white man, I simply don't care, there's no debate for me regarding that.
LOL what?! :mindblown: you're being really disingenuous right now. Fisto, Tiin and Zolar, three other Jedi Council members, were the ones who went down in like 2.5 seconds. Mace not only lasted until Anakin's betrayal but nearly had Sidious beat, something possibly no other member of the Jedi Order was capable of. Throughout the trilogy he was portrayed as one of if not THE most capable Jedi and the pioneer of his own Lightsaber form.

:mindblown:

I suggest you look at Episode V again. Lando chose to save Leia, Han and co BEFORE he was "chocked and insulted". He is literally chocked as he is freeing Chewie. Lando didn't have some major plan to betray Han and Leia. He says "I had no choice, they arrived right before you did" and to Vader in regards to Leia and Chewie having to stay in Cloud City, "that was never a conditon of our agreement nor was giving Han to this Bounty Hunter!". As soon as he can, he saves Leia, warns everyone in his city to escape and commits to rescuing Han. He then went on to become a Rebel General and destroyed the Second Death Star.

:camby:

Lol at not caring about (and this applies to ALL women, not just "white" women) female representation and portrayal. I guess systemic discrimination only matters when it applies to you personally.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
LOL what?! :mindblown: you're being really disingenuous right now. Fisto, Tiin and Zolar, three other Jedi Council members, were the ones who went down in like 2.5 seconds. Mace not only lasted until Anakin's betrayal but nearly had Sidious beat, something possibly no other member of the Jedi Order was capable of. Throughout the trilogy he was portrayed as one of if not THE most capable Jedi and the pioneer of his own Lightsaber form.

:mindblown:

I suggest you look at Episode V again. Lando chose to save Leia, Han and co BEFORE he was "chocked and insulted". He is literally chocked as he is freeing Chewie. Lando didn't have some major plan to betray Han and Leia. He says "I had no choice, they arrived right before you did" and to Vader in regards to Leia and Chewie having to stay in Cloud City, "that was never a conditon of our agreement nor was giving Han to this Bounty Hunter!". As soon as he can, he saves Leia, warns everyone in his city to escape and commits to rescuing Han. He then went on to become a Rebel General and destroyed the Second Death Star.

:camby:

Lol at not caring about (and this applies to ALL women, not just "white" women) female representation and portrayal. I guess systemic discrimination only matters when it applies to you personally.
You know, I've seen other people voice their worries about Finns representation in this movie, and obviously I would prefer for that scenario where Finn get's beat by Kylo Ren and then Rey has the other big fight doesn't happen (which is just something i've seen people theorize, I haven't read the spoilers).
So yes I want Finn to be the best he can be, and o've seen other people voice their worries who I actually agreed/sympathized with, especially because of all the white female leads we'e been getting lately.
But the difference between them and the people on here is that they aren't hypocrites in their views on representation of non heterosexual white male groups even if they lean towards Finn, and they recognize how great he is/will continue to be in the other movies and aren't rabidly and insufferably picking apart everything about him while wishing for him to be the generic cool guy.
There's no way Finns character/arc is falling through with all the Boyega and Finn push they're doing even if he's not the Jedi, fukk there could be two Jedi's, him an Rey.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It seems you are struggling to connect the dots of reality and gender discrimination.

:jbhmm:

Those poor poor marginalised white wimminz, think of them and their struggle :mjcry:

FOH:mjlol: Nothing but a bunch of entitled pretenders pretending that they aren't the second most catered to demographic after white male actors in Hollywood, I should "care" because?:mjlol:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Those poor poor marginalised white wimminz, think of them and their struggle :mjcry:

FOH:mjlol: Nothing but a bunch of entitled pretenders pretending that they aren't the second most catered to demographic after white male actors in Hollywood, I should "care" because?:mjlol:
I said gender discrimination, which includes "white" women but obviously applies to all "groups" of women. I see you conveniently twisted that point.