Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - PS5, PC, XBOX X/S (April 28th, 2023) | Xbox One and PS4 (September 17, 2024)

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I wonder how much these developers expect AI up-scaling to make up the difference in optimization. I wonder if its having a negative effect.
I think it's more to do with game being finished and playable by corporate minds.

It's wild to be honest. When you got to see a movie on release night... Do you have to worry about anything except it's quality? Do you expect to see audio issues or unfinished CGI?

Video game industry is all fukked up. EA abandoned the Dead Space PC remake as well. So, I honestly doubt this game will ever get fixed.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's more to do with game being finished and playable by corporate minds.

It's wild to be honest. When you got to see a movie on release night... Do you have to worry about anything except it's quality? Do you expect to see audio issues or unfinished CGI?

Video game industry is all fukked up. EA abandoned the Dead Space PC remake as well. So, I honestly doubt this game will ever get fixed.

It really is. And the fukked up part is that the audience is absolutely conditioned to be okay with this. Players stay ready to shyt on an outlet for either being too harsh on a game due to its technical issues, or trying to say that there's a good game beneath those issues. "Review in progress" is starting to spread from early access games and games that require servers to be live (like Destiny expansions), to games that just should've been optimized better, simply because players are convinced that every game will get patched into the state it should've launched in in the first place.

I completely understand that making games is hard, and it's nearly impossible to truly test for every single configuration related issue, but when you say you delayed a game for polish, and it launches like this, that's wild. Even more so when your response is basically "Damn nikka, we'll fix it, but get your shyt ain't perfect either."

Adonai

Pro
Daps
Damn looks like I’m holding off on this for a bit. Good luck brehs who already copped.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Hmmm... I mean at this point its become the new blowing on the N64 cartridge level struggle. Sometimes the game runs flawlessly. The frame loss is the major issue for me. Game is super fun to play, the hours just fly by. But its like you make one wrong camera turn and its over for about 15-20 seconds or if you press pause it might go away.. lol smh. I'm gonna truck through it because this Summer's game releases are coming fast and furious and I'm tryna hit uninstall with the quickness!