Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - PS5, PC, XBOX X/S (April 28th, 2023) | Xbox One and PS4 (September 17, 2024)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All these problems can be solved if developers simply stop trying to build hype trains for games for 5 years. I wouldn't even start talking about the game like that until it was in the polishing stages. These developers create a lot of their own problems.
I mean, this game had a super short marketing cycle. It was announced at the game awards, so under 5 months from announcement to release

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I mean, this game had a super short marketing cycle. It was announced at the game awards, so under 5 months from announcement to release
That's even worse then. Why would you release the damn game then if it was gonna release a buggy mess?

Most gamers have woken up to it and won't buy the game full price now because of poor optimization.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I'd forgotten EA was behind this. EA always gives the least effort to the PC side of things.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The only two reviews I watched were people who stated they had issues with the game on a 2080ti. I'm sure the game isn't optimized what game is these days but I don't feel like those are appropriate cards to make that distinction.
people with 4080/90's having issues too

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's even worse then. Why would you release the damn game then if it was gonna release a buggy mess?

Most gamers have woken up to it and won't buy the game full price now because of poor optimization.

They delayed it once within that time too. I’m assuming they didn’t want two do it twice.

I’m also thinking they wanted it out before zelda, and then they wanted it out before the crowded june period

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
They delayed it once within that time too. I’m assuming they didn’t want two do it twice.

I’m also thinking they wanted it out before zelda, and then they wanted it out before the crowded june period
Foolish way of thinking. This is Star Wars we are talking about here. Outside of maybe Hogwarts if it released at the same time, other franchises are gonna bend the knee whenever it came out. Developers don't know how to read the room.

We never seem to have these problems out of Japanese devs, they don't give a fukk about appeasing whiney spoiled brats like western devs do.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i hate to say it but this is the benefit of still coding and launching in a single platform, versus 5. @Tim Lord

Absolutely!

But as I mentioned, from a business standpoint it's a losing endeavour, particularly for a 3rd party, and they wouldn't make a profit.

My last point about the technical aspects of the release to not further derail this thread from people who own and are enjoying the game is this:

I don't think this game ever intended to have a performance (60fps) mode on consoles. Based on what im seeing, it doesn't hit 60fps consistently or even semi-consistently and the resolution/image quality hit is massive. It uses FSR 2 to scale up from a low internal resolution and FSR 2 in this game is terrible.

The quality/30fps mode seems to be pretty stable though and was probably what the game was designed around. 30fps console mode was probably the development target for this game among all platforms.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people with 4080/90's having issues too

Wasn't aware of that when I made my og comment. Developers got to hold that L. I got the game for free with buying a 7000 CPU so I don't really care too much. The pattern of behavior is more concerning than this one scenario.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how much these developers expect AI up-scaling to make up the difference in optimization. I wonder if its having a negative effect.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All these problems can be solved if developers simply stop trying to build hype trains for games for 5 years. I wouldn't even start talking about the game like that until it was in the polishing stages. These developers create a lot of their own problems.
I completely disregard the hype cycle anymore, until it’s a month or so out, because I could see it was clearly becoming an issue when it came to expectations on both sides of the equation: dev/pub and consumer. At least when they only got a few weeks left they gotta stand on what they already have done for the most apart. And even then they still make post-release promises they fail to keep. The game industry is in a horrible place as an art form/entertainment avenue imo. Business is booming tho :manny: